the Rift

Draw Me Home [Open]

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit

Silvery eyes watched the path with a stubborn, almost dangerous gaze. Trees surrounded the rabicano stallion, and everywhere he turned there were a thousand different ways to go, a hundred paths that could lead him to different sections in life. One decision, and his entire life could change. Snorting, the stallion threw his head up at such a philosophical thought, forelock brushing up against his horn. Tolio did not believe in such thoughts. For him, there was only now. He had no reason to dwell on the past, as it held only fond memories for him. Days ago he had parted from the bachelor herd he had been traveling with, and set out on his own, determined to start his own journey. He wasn't a particularly calm or wise male, rather an unbroken spirit. But, he mused, that made life colorful and different.

Back to the path. This path wasn't something tangible, per se. It was a pull in his heart, a scent brushing past his nose, something not quite there yet luring him on. An innate sense that drew him onward, a soft beckoning call that he was helpless but to follow. Many had gathered here, it seemed. The wind shifted, bringing stale scents of others, yet there were many. No matter where he went, always more trees! Tolio huffed impatiently and scarred the ground with one sharp hoof, venting his frustration into the simple action. He was not always this impatient, though he certainly was far from claiming that virtue. No; as he had the sweet calling that lured him forward, so he had another force to drive him from behind.

A memory. Two memories, to be precise. For months they had remained dormant, as many had from his past. But as all must choose, Tolio knew he had to mature, commit himself to something more than play and kinship. The visual of his father- proud and strong, swathed in bays and blacks- leading the other warriors into battle, eyes hard and ready. Willing to, in an instant, fight to his death for those following him so faithfully into a warzone. Next to this memory, this scene that had struck pride into the young colt, was of his mother. The elegant Arabian in her blood shaping her kindly face, and the fighting tainting this kindness into hardened determination as blood from multiple horses stained her pretty cherry coat. She was no killer, she was a healer, but the fierceness in her eyes was much like his father's. Willing to do anything to save those who suffered before her. Tolio had never wanted anything more than to be like them, to support his herd, his family, until his last breath. To be able to prove himself.

But first, he must swear his allegiance to a herd, and begin the slow but fruitful trail into their midst. He hoped to have that same trust that the others had shown his father, to have his herd be also his family. Tolio was wild, mischievious. But he had the ability to be serious and gentlemanly. Now, it was time for those two separate souls in him to merge.

And so he reared up, stocky hindquarters keeping him balanced as he let loose a beckoning whinny, trumpeting to the skies for somebody to come to him. When at last his hooves touched down again, and the song died from his throat, Tolio flicked his tail; the bright white streak flashed in his vision momentarily before settling once again. He did not lower himself to wait, nor did he continue his wandering. He would not appear weak in front of those whom he'd called for. Who they were he did not know. He waited, the birds flitting down in the wakes of his startling call, some even curiously- bravely- hopping around his hooves. It was this time that he had waited for, for nearly two years. Tolio could wait once again.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

Frustration was evident in the drop of her hooves as they clipped into the ground, and even more so by her narrowed charcoal stare. It was as if she was daring anything to distract her from it, or challenging the trees, the earth, sun, or sky to change her mind on the issue. Nothing could, not the beautiful golden, and red hue of the trees, a blue cut sky, or the crisp air of Orangemoon. A swish of her red locks to her hip, her teeth ground once in a horrible manner to stop her damned thoughts. If only there was a hole where her heart was. The fickle thing it was, life would be much simpler if she was en empty void. Silent curses were ushered in her breath, because she was hell bent to come out of this state.

The further she traveled from the familiar forest the easier the trip became. Her rigid body began to relax, each stride more fluid with the grace she possessed. It was with the changing of scenery she started taking in the world around her instead of the one crushing her brain. Faelene was not only admiring the beauty, she was attentively watching for danger, for the enemy.

A rushed snort, she pushed her weathered body onward. There was something driving he forward, and she was a bi hesitant to find out what or who. She was conflicted about seeing him again because it could be the a nail to her coffin. She was never going to be able to stand on the other side of things, those she had been against. There began a mixture of hatred and want that would pool into her blood with a thirst for revenge. It was easily tucked beneath her shadowed hide, because she would bid her time in this. The Threshold came into view, her memories here did not quite seem like her own. What had happened to the escaped slave afraid of being caught? Had she died or been taken captive by this zealous creature she was now? What a fine line she was treading between polar things of fear, and hate. Now she had even deeper reasons for wanting to change things.

Eyes scoping the trees, trying to be on the look out for the winged or the hornless, her movement became more defensive, if she was being followed by a hunter. Her ears were quick to snap back, and forward. The red maned lady's gait a prance as if dancing on top of fire. She would head in one direction, she would quickly shift to the other. The battle had made her a bit more paranoid once again, but she had no mind to run from her enemies here.

When a stallion's bugle of want broke across what had been fairly quiet, Faelene froze in her tracks, letting her eyes dart around the terra. The call was she wasn't sure if it was really calling to her, but she found herself answering it. She had to see any way if it as one of her kind.

When she pinpointed it, she was pleasantly surprised to see the chestnut stallion with an ivory horn drawing from the mix of red and white locks, and light marked face. Taking some seconds to let her eyes wander further she had never seen any painted in that way. What was more was the certain cut of muscle, yet grace that carved his form. It had been his call to get her attention, and it had spoken something strong of his spirit. "You called?" She would ask directly, her tone indifferent, while there was a spark of interest to her eyes.

Deceased
Brit

OOC: Oh dear, sorry this took so long ;_;

As the sound of his call faded into the limbs of the trees far from where he stood, no longer able to be traced, Tolio finally recognized the brisk air that touched his coat in gentle waves. Though the sun was high in the sky, there was a certain cold to everything around him. The leaves, dead or dying, clung as long as they could to the branches that could no longer sustain them. Grass underfoot was dewy and still sparkled despite the time climbing ever on. The warmth of the suns rays could not reach them as strongly as before, and they remained cold and pliant beneath his hooves. Behind him where he'd left his mark, the earth had been soft and wet now that he at last took notice. Beautiful. Twitching one chestnut ear and lowering his head to briefly rub his leg, vanishing the brief itch that had appeared.

Silence. Yet, something was appearing. No creature could move soundlessly, but Tolio had trouble hearing it at first. Someone had responded to his call. Now completely alert, his position changed and his head drew higher. From the shadows that remained of the baring trees, a darkly coated maiden appeared, with a horn akin to his own but with a gnarled uniqueness that was both intriguing and fitting. For a few moments they lingered, merely observing each other. No doubt she was a rather fine girl, with crimson mane and tail and gleaming darkened bodice. Yet her eyes were curious, though withdrawn.

"You called?" At last the silence had been broken, and Tolio marveled at her voice momentarily, gleaning as much as he could from her in those two simple words. A brief, curt nod was all that followed. "I did. I would rather call someone to me than wander about like a lost colt. Not very good for the image, miss." Amusement sparkling in his silver eyes, and he remembered his manners quite quickly. Bowing down, eyes never straying from her form as he gave a wry grin. "I am Tolio, may I ask your name miss?" Straightening up once again, tossing his head once again to free his vision.

He smelled a herd on her, but didn't inquire as to which she belonged to. Keeping his posture proud but open, not wanting to seem uptight or arrogant in front of her. Not that he was in any way, but if the femme had already come to him on her own there was no point in pushing her away. Why was a herd mare out here anyways? Patrol would be an understandable option, and he couldn't help but hope she wasn't out here because she was unhappy or troubled in any way.

Hidden Account
Sica
pssh no. That wasn't a wait xD

The stallion stared at her, not startled, yet probably surprised someone had answered him so soon. It was strange there was no one else around to take him in, now that she thought about it. Many assumed the horned had prejudice, perhaps the hornless did too. A quiet snort, likely to pass unnoticed she strode closer. There was a collected carefulness to her body, evident she did not trust the brute yet. It would not be out of fear, merely caution. Being of the same kind did not always mean no harm done. Besides she was not sure she had much to offer, because she did not know what he hoped to have. He may easily prove his company was not fit.

It was these negative thoughts that had her dark mask smooth, and collected. A poker face of sorts. Faelene a black cloud of doubt. Triangle ears would flicker just so as he answered her. It made more sense why he should draw another too him. At the same time she noted his use of miss, and the collected way he spoke his words. Manners, she hadn't quite seem them rare around here, but always pleasant to encounter."Smart idea," she would give him. The day she had come here she was had hoped to remain a shadow. Descaro had found her, and that was the end of that.

Tolia, as smooth sounding as it's deemed. It was just another thought. Exchanging names wasn't anything special, so she would offer hers. "Faelene," she would utter in a clipped tone. It wasn't like her to act so coolly, but being too nice had it's own issues. A shift to her muzzle, she would look at him with a thoughtful expression. He was young, not entirely wise or unintelligent. If she only knew his intentions, what he wanted his story to be here. He did not inquire of her, it did not bother the red maned lady in the slightest. In fact it helped her relax her tense muscles and see he may not be sure to start either. "I guess the point of this would be to tell you of my herd and see if you would like to join," she began, "First and most important about it is it's loyal members. We are a tight knit group, and only carry horns." There it was out there, he could ask now what he pleased, as what she said wasn't exactly a secret.

Deceased
Brit

In the appraisal between them, Tolio could see the slight tension that laced the edges of her body. To be truthful, Tolio was also unable to completely relax. Fighting was something he took pride in, as each carried their scars and lessons, but fighting a lady had never been easy for him. Sure he had wandered across many a temptress, and just as many devious mares that were crueler than any he had met. Tolio wasn't partial to his own sex; he had seen what could happen in the fury of a well trained mistress. No doubt the crimson haired lass before him held a weight of her own, and so his body reflected hers as easily as a mirror.

Her face was unreadable, yet he bothered not to hide his own. If he were to follow her to a herd, he needed to be as honest as possible in his intentions. After all, it was her decision whether to lead him or not, and he was at her mercy in that particular area. A grateful, if amused smile graced his features at the words she spoke. "Thank you, miss." That was all he needed to say, and all that he would. She didn't seem particularly talkative, and he wouldn't wish to annoy her with his own words.

"Faelene." Clipped. Guarded. What a peculiar name. Yet as he rolled it inside his thoughts, he found it both suited her and rolled off the tongue pleasantly. "A beautiful name, miss Faelene. Do you mind if I call you as such?" Wondering if either the miss or the personal way of which he addressed her by name bothered her. For a few moments there was silence, with only the fae studying him. Ironically he mused that the word and her name were irrevocably connected. Something in him she found to be comforting of some sort, and relaxed. Feeling rather awkward, but able to laugh at himself for it, Tolio listened intently as she finally began to speak. Thankfully she seemed to understand what he was there for without him inquiring. The mention of loyalty, as if he had to search within to see if he would match, brought about a passion in his eyes.

His chestnut cranium rose higher, weak sunlight glinting off his ivory horn. "Miss Faelene, loyalty has been so far the only thing I can offer other than the strength in this body and the love in my heart. If that is what your herd requires, I will swear my loyalty with little hesitation. Is there anything I must know, and would you be the one to guide me to your family? I understand I will not immediately have your trust in this journey, but if we are to become kin then be assured no harm will befall you from my party or others." Tolio didn't know if there were dangers on this route should she take him, but if she was willing to accept him herself before taking him to her herd, then she was already his sister and would remain that way.

Hidden Account
Sica

There was tension, but it was the same familiar bit when meeting one stranger or another. That was to be expected, and proved this one might have a good head a top his neck. It would have bothered her if he wasn't being cautious. While she could admire confidence and bravery, someone with a inflated head plus ego would have ground her nerves. Though she probably wouldn't have passed up attempts to add such a soul to the numbers. Over confident was both a curse and blessing. The maiden had ideas, ones that both exhilarated her and frightened her to find they existed all along. They had simply been hiding in a closed box in the dark corners of her head waiting for reason to live. She had plenty now.

Silver ribbed orbs did well to stare at him with interest, despite her racing thoughts. Multitasking wasn't hard,and he did have her undived attention. The way his smile eased upon his lips by her short compliment, she supposed taking him back to Mauja was starting to become more of a want then idea.

When it came to her name, she could see it was one he had not heard, but like most gentleman she had met he said it was beautiful. This her smile broadened, but it was in more amusement, than likeness. She was starting to understand why mares made stallions their puppets. Though, she wasn't and hoped never to be desperate enough to do something like that. Playing temptress, and flirt with her legs spread for favors was beneath her.

"Faelene, is all that's needed," she said in her alto voice with firm kindness in her tone. She wasn't exactly this grand lady or queen to be spoken too so formerly. It often made her feel like a filly despite how it was implied as good etiquette.

It seemed at her description she had his attention, struck something in his own heart. Animatedly with boldness and rapture he explained the look she saw, and it pleased her ears to hear. A grateful, happy smile graced her lips in time. "Tolio, I think I am most fortune to have answered your call today then, by the words you speak. I think the King would be most interested in meeting you." She said, giving a pause to his questions he had asked. A thoughtful expression, she quietly sighed, the smile fading from her mouth."Our herd has recently been in battle, but are making a quick recovery. But if you are still certain in joining I would take you to them now."

Deceased
Brit

Her face was expressive, yet frigid in equal measures. Completely controlled, if a little unnerving. She was certainly unique, Tolio would give her that. Elegant and refined, unlike the lustful dames that threw themselves at any stallions. Also unlike the mares that tricked and decieved, emotions completely detaching from their hearts. It was a rather pleasant change to say the least, and Tolio dearly hoped that upon further exploration of this land, the femmes would continue to appear in this fashion.

Instead of acceptance or gratitude, as Tolio had expected, Faelene instead looked amused at his compliment. tolting his head he surveyed her for a long moment, and at last his eyes lit up and he gave a laugh. "I take it that you have been complimented upon such a subject many times before? Shame, I rather like being first." Giving a lopsided, somewhat goofy smile. Not at all bothered, because he hadn't meant it in the way she might have taken it. Then again, she was the first he had met. Were stallions different here? Tolio felt a little uncomfortable with this idea. But perhaps he had it wrong. Faelene didn't seem the type to keep such company around her, so maybe they weren't as bad as he feared.

Tolio nodded at her request, knowing some didn't like his formal addressing habits. "As you wish, Faelene." Unlike the giggly tone most mares he'd met used- then again he was in a bachelor herd and those mares liked to target them- Faelene had a strong, sure voice. It only increased the respect Tolio was holding for her.

His passion aroused a smile onto her face, and Tolio could not be ashamed of how strongly he felt for his herd, whether he belonged in one yet or not. The thought of a herd being attacked only fueled his desire to follow her into her herd, and not another's. "That is good to know, Faelene. I can only hope that your King will find me suitable and worthy. Battle is only a test of patience and loyalty. If I cannot stick through hard times, I do not deserve to stay at all. I am still certain of my decision."

OOC: Rather short and awful, my apologies ;-;

Hidden Account
Sica

Faelene could be labeled stoic at times, but some things could stir passion in her and she overrode her habit of biting her tongue. She was aware she was different because of this, especially from the stereo typical mare with tail in the air, fit with giggles, and heart of lust. There were many more like her, and hopefully Tolio would be pleasantly surprised their band consisted of a variety of personalities, and traits.

He seemed to weigh in on her reaction of amusement. He made a quick recover gauging her reactions, laughing, then smoothly replying. It was intelligent, friendly banter really, and she enjoyed it. One had to think, and have a sharp mind. "True, but that in itself only tells me more about you. Do you want to respect me, want to impress me, or are truly one of those more kinder fellows." she said with a coy grin, guessing it could have been all three. She wouldn't think too much into it. Stallions used their tongues all to well just like mares. She had yet to make a firm judgement, but had basic guesses about him waiting to be made true or false.

"Thank you," she said, evident was the appreciation, for if he insisted on calling her miss she would have had to done something to prove it was not a smart choice. It only showed her more he was wise enough to listen.

She cantered her head slightly, her ears drawn to him again to attentively listen. The red maned bobbed her head in agreement to his wisdom. There was a change to her eyes, maybe a hint of how impressed she was, and struck by his own desire. "Very well, let us be on our way. I hope you're ready for a long, cold trip,"there was humor laced to her voice, and a pleasant smile to her lips. She eyed him briefly, and than picked up a steady trot (or mostly as she injuries were still on the mend.)Ready or not here we go.

[end]

I'll make a new thread, and pm you the link. But you will have to be changed to an outcast to be able to reply. :)