the Rift

[PRIVATE] Come As You Are

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
Anzanie took one glance up at the bird that rested close to the terrifying brute that stood before her. The bird of prey somehow seemed willing to stay with Reginald, and for this the gears churned within her brain to understand this unlikely connection. But she was soon brought back to the uncertain situation she found herself in and the splashed listened to what the dusty and brawny creature was saying.

I belong to no herd.

With her pools wide she noticed his own charcoal-like orbs glancing across the incredibly still and cold water of the pond that lay near. She listened further to his speech, having an insight into the creature that stood before her and his past. And with some courage she spoke softly to him in a reply,
"And did you... learn the ways of a warrior?" She gulped, wondering whether she had spoken the correct sentence to Reginald. But he had not finished. And she flinched with a second bit of regret as to why and how she came to be in this place with this scary figure and hoped that she could find something to make her feel somehow safe with him. She had to point out to herself that the brawny stag had not laid a dagger on her, yet. And neither had he said or reacted in a way that would cause her psychological harm. She came to find out how he was part of a different herd to her, the Dragon's Throat, "I dare say that I have never heard of the Dragon's Throat. But, if you don't belong to the herd how will you grant you their services?" And then Anzanie furthered her questioning into his lineage, "You have a sister?" There was almost a hint of surprise in her tone, and the high pitched voice squeaked with it. This acquaintance seemed like an only child, or at least that was the impression he gave to her. The splashed had had several siblings and gathered that this sharing of parents with other creatures would have had some effect on each and every one of the creatures that roamed the earth.

Then he answered her own question, with a smile written across his velveteens. His voice was even softer, which Anzanie could not make out whether this terrified her more or gave her comfort. She felt she was trapped in limbo and her pillars were as frozen to the ground as the ground was in its own cuccoon, "I hope to love the Edge that much in the future. And I do agree that sometimes being alone can be a good way of keeping happy." And there it was again; the mention of his mother. The fae tilted her cranium ever so slightly which would perhaps give away her notice of the mention of his mother again, but she did not say anything. Then his voice rumbled to her again,

Tell me, Anzanie, do you have any family that you like to think of often?

This was what she had almost hoped not to hear. Her pools became clouded with sadness and her heart wrenched itself into a ball as she remembered her family, her homeland, her friends... Then with a sigh she looked at him with the same sad pools and spoke in a soft voice towards him, "I think of them all every day. It wasn't my time to leave and never was supposed to be. I think of my mother, and my father. I also have two brothers and a little sister but I doubt I shall ever see them again..." It was at this point, having opened up to Reginald that Anzanie could feel some comfort in the hope that they shared something in common.
Image Credit

@Reginald - I'm so sorry it's taken so long! I hope to be a lot faster with the next reply x3
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Messages In This Thread
Come As You Are - by Anzanie - 07-23-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Reginald - 07-24-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Anzanie - 07-27-2015, 02:46 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Reginald - 07-29-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Come As You Are - by Anzanie - 07-29-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Reginald - 08-11-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Anzanie - 08-18-2015, 07:10 AM
RE: Come As You Are - by Reginald - 08-23-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Anzanie - 09-01-2015, 12:28 PM