the Rift

So, what am I? [ Open]

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

He was there. Watching. It seemed to be all he did lately. Watch until he was ready. Yet, how lovely it was to hide here in plain view. To watch a hilarious slip. To see a good show. The cloak over his back wipes silently about him, and his tasseled tail flicks just about the snow. He should have revealed himself by now, but of course you can’t show yourself laughing like a maniac. At least not at this creature it seemed. It’s why he had stopped after all. There were plenty of colorful characters in this world, but even she stood out among them. Not to mention she had sass, and that always turned his head.

Still he was growing bored. Glacia, the filly of Sialia was failing to speak up. It was falling apart. This, this strange unicorn from the Edge, seemed to be making progress. His mind wandered enough to miss most of what he said. The golden did not know much about the Edge since the invasion, his efforts had been focused on the Falls and Gaucho. Perhaps he ought to rectify that. Closed doors you say? Doors were never closed to him. But another day.

From the shadows he pulls the cloak from his shoulders slipping it in the pouch below the wolf pelt as his form shimmers into view. “You make it sound like hell frozen over.” The tone of disappointment rolls off low, with humor purring through it. Yet he steps into their sight as he says it. A curl on his lips looking over the gathering, landing on the newcomer of everyone’s attention. Crowned head dips slightly, “Thranduil, at your service.” He raises it with a spark flashing through the gold in his eyes. Yes, he wouldn’t mind throwing in his chess piece here. It might be a losing game, with her request for something warmer, but it would at least be more fun than standing in the shadows all day again.

His calm face turns to the creature of the Edge. “You seem to be out of the times there. The Aurora Basin is under new management.” His tasseled tail flicks hard on his sides, keeping away his large grin from reveal. “Those archaic rules have gone long ago.” Now he turns back to the black and white lady. What a most curious horn she had. “And we’re not eternally cold. Bit of snow perhaps, but all the comforts you could ask for, including the hot springs. My favorite, not a place warmer this time of year than their waters.” He pulls back, and though he does not look, one hark trains on the tan man who apparently had declined their invitation before. “Though the mountains are not a place for the weak.” A small smile finally creeps on his face.

Was this him really trying? Well obviously not. He teases too much. Smiles too much. But today he doesn’t care. He couldn’t have stood just by watching this curious creature one more moment. Would he get told off? Insulted? Sassed? For once he didn’t care. God that felt nice. Ever so nice to –not- care. Perhaps she had been right. Hide flinches a little, just a tick, near unnoticeable. Not now. He wasn’t about to lose this lovely feeling to something as silly as remembering.

OOC :: @Tembovu @Riptide Hope you don't mind me popping in for Glacia here. =]
"speech"

Posting Poetics
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 07-25-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Glacia - 07-28-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-13-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-18-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-19-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Thranduil - 08-19-2015, 11:10 PM