the Rift

If You're Unfortunate to Find Me [Ranjiri]

Abaddon Posts: 42
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Danjah

Abaddon
The first flame burned gloriously, but the second flame burns cold.

He feels the light of the pale sun in this dreadfully cold Frostfall fall like the snowflakes onto his obsidian pelt. If it wasn't for the flakes that were covering his pelt turning him into a grey-like figure, the brute would have had a bright and shining ashen pelt that would stand out like charred bits of wood in the sand. He felt the crackle of the snow that rested upon the terraria brushing against his feathers, which made the brawny stag shiver aggressively as the cold made its way up through his pillars. If not for his huge size, the cold would have travelled a lot faster. But nothing positive could be made from this awful weather.

Abaddon had arrived in a strange land at the worst possible moment. He lived for the heat and the dark, yet right now he found himself in a light snow-covered cold hell in the early reaches of the daytime. He timed this well...

With a grunt and a pffft, his lobes permanently pinned back, the horned brute pawed the ground in frustration which only made him more pissed off at the fact he was brushing the cold further and further into his dark pelt. He decided to carry on walking through the trees and as he did so his protruding crown of obsidian horns vigorously trimmed the branches, causing the dead leaves that had been left to decide their own fate to fall upon his pelt. Instead they began falling on his once handsome skull causing him to wrinkle his charcoal velveteens in distaste. He shook the snow and the leaves and the branches which had fallen on him off and watched with satisfaction as they fell to the ground, and with one dagger smashed them further into the dead grass until they were no longer whole.

He then began to carry on stalking the new land, sniffing and smelling nothing but snow. He was well aware to keep his horns low and so tilted his muscular neck down in order not to trim the trees once more. A melodic, insanely deep mumble of obsenities rose from his velveteens and created a vibration deep within his bodice that could have been heard far away, and his pools raged with the fiery flames of his anger. Whoever had the luck to find him here was going to get an earful. And this was no understatement.

@[Ranjiri]
[Image: abaddon_pixel___enfanir_by_danjahmouse-d9uses0.png]
Please tag Abaddon in all posts! ♥

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

I needed to keep myself busy. I needed to keep my mind occupied to keep it from wandering back to all the bad things and the bad feelings that I didn't want to face anymore. I figured the best way to do that was to wander around in the Threshold and see if I could find anyone that was looking for a place to stay. Maybe I could convince whoever I found to go back to the Throat with me and I could give myself a pat on the back for a job well done then be off again. Honestly, though, I didn't really expect to find anyone. The very rare occasions that I had wandered her had turned up absolutely nothing in the way of newcomers.

Imagine my surprise when I happened upon him. This huge, hulking, beast of a stallion that made every other stallion I'd ever met seem tiny in comparison. Okay, except for Mister Archibald, I don't think there's anyone bigger than he is. But still, this guy was big and had this air about him that was intimidating. Or maybe it was the way his eyes almost seemed to glow that made him seem so intimidating.

I clutched my wings tight against my sides as I picked my way over the snowy ground in his direction. "Hello..." I said, my voice soft and uncertain because I really had this feeling that I should be walking away from him instead of toward him and I didn't get that feeling very often. I stopped several feet away from him, one ear tilted toward him and the other rotated back to listen for anything that might be coming up behind me. "Are you new here?" I asked uncertainly. "Or... have you been here before?"

"."

@[Abaddon]

Credits

aud pixel!

Danjah
As he pawed the ground in mere attempt to control the pure rage that seeped into his system he was surprised to see a figure wander towards him, following a soft voice that greeted him. He instantly recognised the dainty, feminine figure of a fae, a winged fae. Her wings were clutched tightly against her bodice, but it was unmistakable that she too had a charcoal pelt. But what intrigued Abaddon most was that she also had a horn. Must be a mix he thought idly to himself before his attention was then drawn to the gold tints that were wrapped into her dark pelt. It adornesd her cranium, the tips of her wings and her pillars. With a grunt the obsidian hell boy would admit she was a fine looking beast, especially with the ruby pools that were almost the same hue as his own.

And she spoke again.
Are you new here? Or have you been here before?

He cleared his throat and what came out was the same, deep and hoarse voice that replied in a stark way to the dame,
"Hello. No I'm not familiar with this place... Whatever the hell this place is," he pierced his gaze on her as the stranger stood there with her lobe tilted against his voice. He then continued with a huff and a puff, "Abaddon is my name, and yours is something I don't particularly care for but you may tell me anyways. All I wish to know is where I can find the hottest part of this godforsaken land and if others are there..."

There was no bullshit with this brute. The obsidian was tired, grumpy and even more snappy than he would usually be due to this cold. It was perhaps the wrong place and wrong time for him to even attempt to make a friend in this stranger, not that he'd be interested in even trying to form a connection. But Abaddon knew that this ashen and silver queen could show him the way.

"."
ABADDON
When two tribes go to war, a point is all you can score.

@[Ranjiri]

Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

When he spoke I swear it sounded more like he was growling the words at me. "This is Helovia." I said when he said he was unfamiliar with where he was. "The uh... we call this forest the Threshold." But I really doubted that he cared too much about Helovia or the Threshold or how the herds sent out individuals to find and bring home newcomers. I found that I couldn't meet his gaze. His eyes just ... they seemed to look right through me and so I looked everywhere else; his hooves, the horns on his head, his mane...

"Abaddon is my name, and yours is something I don't particularly care for but you may tell me anyways."

Well that was rude.

"..Ranjiri." I said even though he said he didn't care to know my name. "My name is Ranjiri. And I live in the Dragon's Throat. Its... its a desert herd." I offered because he said he wanted to find the hottest part of Helovia. "Its not as hot as it usually is, but its warmer than this forest." I watched him and I wondered how Gaucho would take to Abaddon's gruffness or if he'd look at my like I was crazy for bringing such a rude stallion home.

...but there was the possibility that his rudeness and his gruffness came from being tired after what was probably a long journey. Maybe if he rested he would be more pleasant.

"...I can take you there if you like." I finally offered.

"."

@[Abaddon]

Credits

aud pixel!

Danjah
Abaddon closed his pools for a second as he took in the same of this cold earth he stood on: Helovia. It sounded like the name of one of the weaklings that had been sacrificed to his gods when he was a yearling, and the obsidian did not once blink. But he then began to concentrate more on the fae did when she was speaking to him rather than what she was saying. Her short replies when explaining to him almost gave her a respected status in the brute's mind, but the way that she seemed somehow uncomfortable made his velveteens raise up into a soft and dark smile. His pools glowed with a fiery orange as he felt amused by another creature feeling that way inclined around him. He guessed that it may be more to do with the horrendous burn he incurred on his journey towards exile from his previous home, but that was all mind and matter to him.

He straightened himself and puffed out his already muscular and brawny chest towards the fae and took one step closer towards the golden mix in the hope of finding some sort of similar reaction as when they had first laid pools upon each other. He quietly took in the name of the stranger; Ranjiri. It sounded mildly interesting but not as interesting as what she spoke concerning the possibility of finding warmer shelter. He sighed almost contentedly at the news of the deserts called the Dragon's Throat. His deep voice echoed deep within his chest as he replied in the same darkness of tone to Ranjiri,
"You speak of this Dragon's Throat, and I trust that you know what you are talking about." He knew that right now, even with the temper on him, that giving this dame more reason to detest him right now was only going to dwindle his chances of finding the Throat, for he had no radar to find this place. He could feel her ruby orbs fixed on him and he guessed that she was thinking something about him, but in his own words he couldn't give a fuck if she was imagining setting him on fire and pushing him down a hill.

Her invitation to take him to the promised land was promptly accepted by him stepping as close to her as it was possible without actually touching the creature. He was sure Ranjiri could feel the hotness of his breath on her. His crown of horns glinted as they hit what was left of the pale sunlight in this early time and he thought gruffly how he would have to endure the light of the daytime that was only made worse by glaring against the freshly fallen snow. He dipped his large, handsome skull towards her and smiled the same vindictive smile yet again, "Take me, Ranjiri."

"."
ABADDON
When two tribes go to war, a point is all that you can score.

@[Ranjiri]

Ranjiri;

I couldn't help myself. When he stepped toward me I stepped back because I wanted to keep my personal space intact. It occurred to me after that he might have been trying to intimidate me and that it had worked flawlessly. "Of course I do." I replied when he said that he trusted that I knew what I was talking about. "I've lived there for several seasons now..." My voice trailed as he stepped closer to me again and this time I held my ground, trying to prove to him that he didn't intimidate me. If only I could convince myself and my pounding heart that he didn't.

I snorted softly when I felt his breath on my face and my whole body just burned and itched to step back and reclaim my personal space, but I was stubborn. I stood there and I stared at his neck and concentrated on keeping my breathing even. It felt like I stood there forever with him in my personal bubble before he finally said 'Take me, Ranjiri'. "This way." I said and I turned away from him and trotted away and I couldn't have been more thankful for the cold air on my face instead of his hot breath.

Gross.

"The Dragon's Throat is an island." I said to the stallion as I lead him through the Threshold toward my home. "Once we get there you'll have to wait for someone to officially accept you and raise the bridge for you to cross." And then my work would be done. I could get started on the next task to keep myself occupied while he got used to life in the Dragon's Throat.

"."

@[Abaddon]
ooc://
I'll get a thread started for you in the Throat :D

Credits

aud pixel!