the Rift

So tell me what you want...

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel
In order to quest though do you not need a VotG pass? Its very hard to come by them as I've only seen them given though yearly events
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
You do need a VOTG pass yes, which can be obtained through some contests prizes, yearly giveaways, and SWP stores :D

I wasn't trying to discount your suggestion by saying companion magic can be quested for, I only meant to clarify/expand on the methods of obtaining it that you listed out.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
I think one thing I've noticed and something I think would be awesome to focus on, is getting others to interact ICly with different characters aside from "popular" ones, or ones that are all over the place. What I've noticed is that there are tons of amazing characters in this world, but some seem to outshine others either because they post everywhere and so people are forced to interact with the character, or because someone who has a strong following on the site is posting, people are more likely to post their characters to them. This is not meant to shut down anyone from posting often or for anyone stop interacting with amazing popular characters, but to just be more open to rping with lesser known characters or members.

The reason I mention this is because not everyone has the time to post everywhere, or has even had enough interaction to develop their character, and so people are passing up amazing potential characters. I think this also co-relates with COTM, where it seems the people who post the most or have really popular characters seem to get the most nominees, but then members seem to miss out on those diamonds in the rough who may not post often, but are amazing characters that deserve to be acknowledged. So I think a way to solve this is perhaps to encourage either more interaction with characters you wouldn't normally think to post with, or to even lurk through some threads that might show potential even though it may be going slow. I hope this makes sense....

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
The OPEN and UNANSWERED tabs on Active Threads is a great way to find threads... :D It's a tool that is meant to be used. Personally, if I want a new thread, I love browsing Unanswered for someone I haven't met before. ^^
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
I don't know if this would be possible, but is there a way we can add short summary next to the threads in the new "History" tab on the profiles? (I know nothing/zippo/nada/zero about coding, so I have no idea if this is even plausible or would be way too much work for the small benefit it gives.)
Perhaps for older characters this might be less useful, but for newer characters it might be useful to keep Helovian relations/events/histories straight!
Just an idea :]

Please tag Tembovu.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
I can answer that, smitty.. I have something like that as a plan in the works, but it's still quite far off :)
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Okay, thanks Neo! <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel
I agree with December in the sense that a lot of players seem to get missed/left out of a lot of things. If someone is able to post 200x a day its great as they get into lots of threads but for those who are new and those of us who just do not have the time its a little disappointing at times.

Not sure how it would be possible to get more people noticed though..
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Blu
You can always nominate yourself for the OTMs too, which can help spread 'notice'. Not to mention check the plot board and jump into things with new and different people!

Personally I find participating loyally within a herd helps build a character's reputation and notice, even if they aren't posting a lot. Lot's of herds have seasonal tasks which they love to see consistently completed, or various ranks which need filled by someone reliable, even if not always super active.

There've been a couple cases where not super active (in the sense of tons of posts or tons of hours spent onsite, but still /active/) characters have been recognized so its definitely doable!

Helovia Hard Mode

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel
Isn't there a rule saying you cannot nominate yourself for those?
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.

Blu
Just you cannot vote for yourself!

Helovia Hard Mode

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
So confused :s
Here is says there is a new rule that you can't nominate yourself but it also says you can?
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=16505
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Woops! NO, you cannot nominate yourself :)
I'll go in and change the verbiage above

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ok, so after a lot of thought, I've finally come up with something. And it's in regards to spars. The system is /amazing/, I have had so much fun and I'm really loving it. But I keep running into this problem:

Sue and Tom want to have a casual spar. Maybe even a playfight. Sue nips at Tom gently, not hoping to cause much damage.
ROLL 6/CRITICAL HIT!

And while I love the randomness and I do enjoy derping around making Ashamin slip and fall 24/7, I think it would be a neat option to set "damage limits." So instead of rolling a 6 sided die for damage, you would maybe only do a 3 or 4 sided die. You could state at the beginning that it's a "friendly" or "low damage" spar so admin would know.

This would even allow younger characters, like yearlings, to get stats (Maybe lower numbers, half of what they'd have as adults or something?) and playfight. Given the amount of updating that would add, though, maybe there could just be a low, fair stat value applied to all foals and yearlings regardless of breed, which would be useful if they ever get stolen too.

I think this would bring a whole new IC dimension to spars and also increase realism, too. I'm constantly looking up videos of horses fighting and about 90% of the results are playfighting, I think it would be cool to be able to have that reflected onsite.

As for VP, I understand it's probably not so fair to have that at stake for little ones bopping heads together. Maybe you could only earn EXP if under two years. Idk, it would have to be ironed out.

I know the whole system behind spars is very intricately designed by you admin so perhaps this isn't even possible, but if it is I think it would be really cool!

-pops out-

EDIT:

-pops back in-

Also had an idea for DEATH MATCH, where damage roll is multiplied with damage stat to calculate the HP damage and whoever runs out first passes out (or dies.) Maybe HP stat could be multiplied by 2 to start if it would run out too fast otherwise. WHO KNOWS. But it would be a fun crazy ultra violent gamble. Again, what you earn might be different.

-pops back out-

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Join with VP/Buff pass.

Basically, this would allow a character to join the game with VP, and would be available alongside our hybrid, character design, ect. slots. While I currently have no characters that fit this bill, I have had warrior types join the game at midlife with no VP, and it would have been nice to have an item of some sort that reflected their experience.

Adding in that this pass would likely come with restrictions - mostly involving a character being over a certain age so as not to give such a large advantage to young characters (thus allowing them to gain a much higher VP count over the course of their lifetime than would otherwise have happened).

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Alright, so, we were discussing making a post in the AB secret board where we would be making a list that would require frequent updating. There's the issue of a player being responsible for the post then going inactive, so then the list wouldn't be able to be edited or modified, and instead recreated all together.

So, here is the suggestion. Each of the four main herds are allowed a single "NPC" style account, which would be available for anyone to log onto to edit the list. The accounts would only be used in their respective herdland, and could only be used in the secret board for lists that may need to be modified by multiple players.
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Blu
The herd leaders of a herd have mod powers within the herd land board and herd's secret board. With them they can edit posts even if they aren't the original poster :)

Helovia Hard Mode

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
Question on the achievements board-
Would it not be an achievement to have participated in the Edge/Falls Invasion considering they won? It affected more than just one or two characters.

Also wondering about certain achievements such as obtaining a companion or magic
Birthing of daughters/sons
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Achievements are supposed to be things that benefitted/affected the site and/or were difficult to achieve (such as a buff). Anyone can have kids any time and it doesn't really affect anyone else. It's more of a milestone than an "achievement". Also, obtaining companion and magic is the same thing. More of a milestone, and it only affects you.

As for the invasions, that's up in the air, I think. Invasions really only affected one or two herds + a handful of others. It is an achievement, but maybe something that will be added later.

@Brisa

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel
What about the idea of there being a handful of special items that cannot be stolen? Things such as personal heirloom, items that make a character who they are. It would be more in the sense of having the occasional player bound item that cannot be traded away, given away or stolen.
[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads