the Rift

[PRIVATE] Full Circle

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Volterra & Vérzés
We're in love with defeat / And we march to the beat
But I know what I've seen's not out of reach / So give it to me, give it to me

Her rebuke does not come; her teeth don't pierce his flesh, her corrosion does not burn hair from skin. There is no affection forthcoming, not that he had expected any, but he allows his lips to flutter across her skin, tasting sweat and captivity and mother. Then he withdraws, tail swinging idly around his thickset hocks. His dragon, losing interest, takes off again. "Mother-dragon strong, to make strong hatchlings." The dragon's broken words have a valid point, and the giant flicks his jaws into a smirk. Strong bitches produce strong pups. He should never have doubted his dam's ability to escape by herself when she had the strength in her to create such powerful twins.

His mind flashes to Nymeria at exactly the same moment Confutatis mentions her. He remembers their last meeting, their argument; the closest they'd ever come to falling out. It pains him that his sister had turned out to be right, that he should never have doubted his dam. But, he reasons, he doesn't know what has happened to her during her captivity. She could have been defiled, as he had so feared - but he is sure that if so, her assailant's head and balls alike now lie in a bloody pile. She is returned, glorious and whole. Whatever happened during her imprisonment is in the past now. The future is what mattered - their glorious future, together.

He still has her question to deal with. "I don't doubt she'll be along soon," he says, abruptly, dismissively. Yes, it kills him that he and his twin seem to have drifted further apart as age matures their bodies and sharpens their minds. Yes, he wants to follow her every hour of every day to make sure he is the only one that gets to touch her, but that is easier said than done when she is her own woman. "We still meet regularly, but we think it wise to become as strong in our own right as we are paired. We spend some time apart to achieve this." Even if it kills me.

He shakes his massive head, flinging tendrils of mane like a storm around his head. "What of you, Mother? How did you escape?" His curiosity is evident. He had seen the land bridge for himself, and unless his dam swam, he cannot see how she managed to flee unseen. But she had managed it - perhaps with the power of hell itself.

image credits

@Confutatis

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Full Circle - by Confutatis - 08-06-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Volterra - 08-07-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: Full Circle - by Confutatis - 08-22-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Volterra - 09-08-2015, 07:59 AM
RE: Full Circle - by Confutatis - 09-25-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: Full Circle - by Volterra - 10-02-2015, 06:25 PM