the Rift

[OPEN] portraits in the snow.

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Ulrik could never forget his own son. He was absent, obsessive and often cruel, but he would never forget his family. A sting of betrayal stabbed in his chest as he looked upon his boy, the emotions tumultuous and overwhelming, though they barely flickered in his green-flecked, bronze eyes. A deeper voice, one that had dropped a few octaves since their last meeting called him ‘dad’, and that broke the dam, sending his hooves forward. He embraced his child tightly, honest with himself now that his absence had broken something inside.

He wasn’t sure what that something was. In fact, he didn’t know himself all that well. But, Rikyn’s return was putting the hole to mend.

Time was irrelevant. Ulrik wanted this one, honest moment to make up for all the time he had lost. The weight had settled on his broad shoulders for some time, and when they finally parted, he noticed that his son managed to get most of his good qualities and nearly none of his bad ones. That was… that was good. He had, for once, created something capable of more than destruction and cold. A smile crossed his lips, and Ulrik furrowed a single brow but didn’t ask.

He turned over his shoulder as Rikyn’s gaze wavered, noting the sentinels. They meant so little to him now. “Mmm,” he agreed, barely a grunt again. “Your mother always had plans for two, but I hadn’t time until recently.” Ulrik’s voice was rough as always, his strange accent no less potent. Ulrik scoured the metal monsters for signs of damage or need for repair, as was habit, before turning back to his son. There were so many words floating around in his head, none of them complete thoughts or sentences.

“You were always my greatest creation,” he said finally, the depth of love in his words more than he had spoken in all of his many years.

“Tell me about your adventures?”

@Rikyn

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
portraits in the snow. - by Rikyn - 08-07-2015, 07:25 PM
RE: portraits in the snow. - by Ulrik - 08-08-2015, 03:49 AM
RE: portraits in the snow. - by Rikyn - 08-08-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: portraits in the snow. - by Ulrik - 08-12-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: portraits in the snow. - by Rikyn - 08-13-2015, 10:34 AM