the Rift

[OPEN] Stars and Hope

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"I'm gazing upward, a world I can't embrace..."

His first night in the Dragon's Throat was pretty rough. The sand was itchy, he was alone, it was a strange place, and chilly. It sounded weird to admit that a desert was cold, but as soon as the sun went down that once burning sand turned to ice. After hours of fitful sleep the boy rose pausing only to shake the clinging grains from his golden pelt. Silver orbs gazed around the new alien landscape light only by setting the setting stars. Taking wing the ivy teal clad colt turned towards the sea. He wanted to watch the sun rise, see how the sands might sparkle in the early morning light.

He landed with a soft thump upon the shore his mind already a million miles away. So much had happened in the young stallion's life in such a short time. His sperm donor had finally come to live with his mother and himself, his sister had been born, and he had chose to leave his mother and sister. He could careless about Ciceron. In Ilios's mind the stud was just a donor, one of the reasons why he was there, but that was it. It was Areli he missed the most. She was his baby sister, the reason it had taken so long to leave the Falls. Now he was at this very foreign land, alone. He didn't really know a soul here. Sure he had met Mesce and Gaucho, but that was it. Silently he prayed today would be better.

Turning from the depressing thoughts the golden lad focused on the slowly rising sun. There was already a pale rosy pink rising above the sparkling water. It was beautiful and eased all the tension from his young muscular frame. This was what he had wanted, to be at ease with himself. How could he ever be a productive, and loving, member of his family if he did not love himself? Here without the stress of his blood family he could grow and find out who he really was. Stony resolve settled deep within his heart. He would become the best stallion he could be, not only for Areli and Parelia, but for himself.

I L I O S
My heart's an endless winter filled with rage...
image credit

Tags; @Ranjiri and open!
Words; 366
OOC; This is for anyone!!
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

I was finally starting to sleep again, but I still wasn't getting nearly as much sleep as my body needed. Two and three hours was a lot better than what I had been getting, but I could still feel the tired ache in my bones and my muscles. I could feel the woozy feeling in my head when I would wake up and it would take me a little while to get my bearings and feel a little normal. Sometimes I wondered if Cera was right and that I should have my memory of our dad's death erased and replaced with something more pleasant, but I never could convince myself that it was the right thing to do. For whatever reason I felt like it would be disrespectful to erase it, just like it would be disrespectful to erase my memory of Hototo's death.

A sigh passed my lips as I made my way toward the ocean. The sun was beginning to rise and it painted the sky with different shades of pink and orange and it really was quite beautiful, but I was in no shape to stand there and admire it. I needed to feel the cold splash of water against my legs, my chest, my stomach... I needed it to shake me awake and chase away to woozy feeling that made me feel like my head was swimming.

It was such an awful feeling.

I yawned as I walked and I was so distracted in my single-minded goal of getting into the water that I didn't notice the other pegasus that was standing there on the beach admiring the sunrise. I stepped into the water and the cold bite of it against my legs made me suck in a breath and I stopped so I could paw at the water and splash it up into my face. It certainly served its purpose of shocking me into a more awake state. I moved farther and soon it was lapping against my chest and my belly and it was making my legs numb. I turned to walk back toward the shore and that was when I noticed that I wasn't the only  one there. How rude of me to not even notice.

"Hello!" I called out to the stallion, one that I'd never even seen before. "I didn't notice you." And I couldn't hide the sheepish look on my face or tone in my voice.

"text."

Credits

aud pixel!

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

AELIN

With the rising sun the curse lifted. Tonight she had not been with Hawke, but every evening as the sun fell so did her brother's mood. Often he would think of himself as death and Aelin as life, ying and yang, the perfect balance. In someways the girl supposed they did balance each other out, but she was not just about life. She commanded the dreamland, that was her domain, her kingdom. Nightmares, sweet dreams and everything in between she had knowledge of it all. However Hawke was the master of death, his own form falling to the magic that ran through his veins. No amount of magic would change Aelin's view of her brother, she loved him and he love her. When the sun fell she had tried to seek out her brother and offer him comfort through the night, only he'd tucked himself away and she'd spent the night under the stars. She'd risen before the sun as usual, watching it rise had become part of her daily ritual. 

Moving through the sandy land she wanted to watch the sun rise from the edge of her homeland, having always enjoyed the gorgeous colours that lit up the morning sky. In the distance she spotted a figure, his golden coat shone against the pinks in the sky, he too had risen to watch the sun rise. The girl paused, watching the stranger in the distance. After a gentle ruffling her wings the girl, cleared her throat and pondering approaching the figure. Before her mind had been made up another stranger approached, this one's coat was dark however she was decorated with beautiful golden colours and had stunningly white hair tumbling over her shoulders. Aelin shook the sand from her coat and carefully approached them both, she stopped beside the stallion and peered at him closer before in turn studying the golden tipped mare with a smile. 

"Hello." It was early enough that some sleep still held to her voice and features. Speaking softly Aelin came to a stop beside the male, offering a smile to both him and the female. As of yet, Aelin didn't really have any friends, aside from her siblings of course. The girl was hesitant and shuffled uncomfortably as she glanced between the two strangers. Yeah, she defiantly had to work on this 'making friends' thing. Besides, if she made friends then she could introduce them to Hawke and maybe he wouldn't feel so alone! Still smiling, the girl inched closer. "I'm Aelin," she offered her name hoping to prevent any awkward silences that might fall. 

Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen. So unsure but it seems like we've been waiting for you.
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

NASREEN

Even though Bucephalus had invited her here, the Dragon’s Throat had not yet begun to feel like home to Nasreen. Of course, this was through no fault of her herdmates—Ampere had been perfectly friendly, and the girl was sure that the others would welcome her with equal hospitality. Yet this was what she feared, for she could not bear the thought of disappointing them like she had the Edge. Still, life was lonely without friends, and though she still carried with her the guilt of abandoning Kahlua and the Edge, Nasreen could only isolate herself for so long before her resolve began to weaken. One needed friends, she reasoned, and after all, hadn’t she come here to start over? 

Thus ran her musings as she ambled along the beach at dawn, pausing every now and then to look out to sea. Though it was beautiful, a pang of homesickness shot through her as she watched the crashing waves roll in. She had always lived amongst the trees and roots of the forest, and she felt rather out of her element in this new place with all of its scorching sand and saltwater—nary a tree in sight. However, she was determined to make the best of her situation and thus kept her head up, staring stoically off at the horizon. Perhaps she didn’t feel like she belonged yet, but she could act the part.

Nasreen was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she almost didn’t spot the figure in the distance: a flurry of wings signaled that someone was landing in the sand. Grey eyes darted westward, and soon she saw two others join the first. The girl’s ears tilted forward hopefully. Now was as good a time as ever to meet more of her new herdmates, wasn’t it? She tried to keep her breathing steady and her steps even as she set off towards the group at a trot. The sand made travel difficult, she noticed, ears flicking backwards in annoyance at the way it slid out from under her hooves. She eyed the group ahead, gauging the distance between them—perhaps it would be more efficient to fl—wait. She knew that stranger.

Though he was older and certainly taller, the figure in the middle undoubtedly belonged to Ilios. Nasreen felt her face break into a wide grin, and while she was still a good way down the beach, she let out a loud whinny. How good it was to see a familiar face!

Thoughts of proper first impressions were pushed aside, and Nasreen took off at a quick canter. “Ilios!” she cried brightly, rushing up to the group. It made her heart turn in both sadness and joy to see the boy who reminded her so much of a brother long lost to her. “It’s so good to see you—and here!” she gushed, unable to contain her excitement. The pink muzzle darted forward in offer of an affectionate greeting. 

Then, remembering her manners, Nasreen turned to the mare and filly that accompanied him. “Excuse me,” she explained apologetically, “I haven’t seen Ilios in far too long, and I was just so excited—I’m Nasreen.”

image by shady
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Silver gaze watched the rising sun as his body relaxed. A figure moving towards the water caught his eyes and pulled his ears forward. 'Wow...' The form was clearly female, and beautiful. He watched her black and gold frame glide to the water's edge. He thought she was crazy, who would want to swim in that frigged water,  but still. His attention was glued on her as her golden leg struck out at the salty ocean. She waded gracefully into the icy liquid. Then she turned towards him and he couldn't help but keep staring. Ilios dipped his horned head smiling sheepishly.

He watched her fluid movements as she drew closer he felt nervous, like he had never been. Clearing his throat quickly he spoke, "Hi, it's okay, I kind of blend in against this sand." He smiled shyly before continuing, "I'm Ilios, it's a pleasure to meet you Miss." He ended his deep drawl with a slight bow. As the boy rose, he just had time to notice her scarlet eyes before another younger female appeared. She was small, a light dun much like Gaucho, only with speckles. Her hair was very long, and probably a pain in the butt. The filly made him think of his sister. A sighs sigh and gentle smile touched his features. He bowed again still smiling as he spoke in his deep drawl, "Hello Miss Aelin, I am Ilios. It's very nice to meet you." He grinned as he rose once more.

Was the Throat full of pretty mares like these? Yes Aelin was much to young, but she was beautiful nonetheless. Before he could say anything else a loud excited whinny. He knew that voice and could never forget it. His head ripped up eyes searching for her familiar frame. He was not disappointed. She was running towards them. Carefully he stepped away from the others before throwing his silver and teal wings wide to embrace her. "Nasreen!" He waited impatiently for her to join them. When her muzzle was flung forward her accepted it readily, trying to press it against her pretty face. "Do you live here now too?" He could not hide the joy in his normally slow speech. It was great to see a familiar face in these strange lands. As she greeted the others he turned back sheepishly, afraid he had hurt their feelings for abandoning them. Carefully he offered another kind and shy smile hoping that would smooth everything over.

I L I O S
image credit

Tags;
Words; 441
OOC; @Aelin
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

"I'm Ranjiri." I said so he wouldn't have to keep calling me Miss, which was a little strange, honestly. I didn't feel like I was old enough to be a Miss anything. My eyes then moved to the young filly that had come and introduced herself as 'Aelin' and I knew her right away because Rhoa had told me that his littls sister was named Aelin. "Hello." I offered her a gentle smile because she looked rather shy and awkward. "Nice to meet you, Aelin. And you too, Ilios." As I said his name I looked to him and offered the same gentle smile I'd given to the younger filly.

We had only just introduced ourselves when someone else arrived, crying out the stallion's name as she rushed toward our little group. I sidestepped a bit so I was out of the way as he ran toward her and the excitement between the two of them reminded me of when I would see Ros after so long. It made me smile, but I looked toward Aelin and found myself moving closer to her so she didn't feel so left out.

"Gaucho is your father, isn't he?" I asked even though I was positive that he was. I was just trying to coax her into talking a little bit, I guess. "I met your brothers." I offered up. "Ivezho and Rhoa." It didn't occur to me that she might not have met them because they were family and families knew each other, right? At least the siblings did, I assumed.

“Excuse me, I haven’t seen Ilios in far too long, and I was just so excited—I’m Nasreen.”

I was actually kind of thankful that their little reunion stopped when it did because I felt like I was only being awkward with Aelin (I blame that on being so tired). "I'm Ranjiri." I offered my name to Nasreen. "Nice to meet you."

"."

Credits

@Aelin @Ilios @Nasreen

aud pixel!

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

NASREEN

When Ilios saw her, the girl could not help but be both delighted and surprised by the warmth in his greeting. Fully-fledged wings opened wide to pull her close, and his dark muzzle easily met her own. Ecstatic at the enthusiastic reception, Nasreen could not help but dance in place—clumsily, of course, as was her way—but that didn’t stop her from expressing the happiness she felt at this unexpected reunion and the accompanying relief that he didn’t seem to blame her for her desertion of their shared herd. Of course, she wondered how he had come to be here, so far away from the place they had once called home, but for the moment, she didn’t press the matter. He had already beaten her to the punch anyway, inquiring after her circumstances. In response, Nasreen merely nodded in the affirmative before launching into a burst of joyous laughter. How good it was to see him!

The spotted filly did not speak, but when the dark mare introduced herself, Nasreen dipped her head politely in acknowledgement. Sparkling grey eyes took in the leggy frame touched with gold as Nasreen tried to commit the name to memory. “Ranjiri,” she repeated thoughtfully, testing the name on her tongue. “What a pretty name! Are you new to the Throat too, or have you lived here for a while?” She felt a little foolish asking the question, but her new acquaintance seemed friendly enough. Nasreen hoped that if the latter was true, Ranjiri would humor her—she had so many questions about this place, and without Bucephalus to answer them, she had been at a loss.

image by shady

@Ilios
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

The colt smiled and watched the pretty black and gold. She was a good hand taller than himself, but he didn't care. Everyone had always been taller than him, besides mother anyway. He blamed his height on her, since Ciceron was tall, it had to be her Arabian genes dragging him down. Not that he really minded, it only made people misjudge him. They thought he was weak because of his size. Little did they know he was rippling with muscles, young and ready to go. The thoughts slid away as the stallion turned his gaze to the younger filly a kind smile covering his handsome face. It was nice to meet others, nice to learn about his family. He took in their voices, mannerism, and features. There was no way he would allow himself to forget their faces and names.

He dipped his head to Ranjiri as she addressed him, saying it was nice to meet him. Then Nasreen appeared he couldn't help but ran for her. It had been to long since he had seen her, over a year at least. His heart skipped with joy as she embraced him allowing his wings to circle her for a moment. Her nodding head only made his excitement mount. He did have a friend here! That eased the tension within his heart. Now he didn't feel so lost, like he was in a sea of sand and strangers. His face lite up bright and happy as he turned back to the others. He felt bad for ignoring them even though it was only for a brief time. The boy smiled at Ranjiri as her and Nasreen exchanged words.

His large head turned slightly as he thought of Nasreen's question. Yes how many of their family were knew, and how many were old. He waited quietly as Ranjiri answered before speaking in his drawling bass, "The Throat is very different from anywhere I've lived before..." His remark left it open for elaboration if anyone wished, but not so they would have to ask. "It's interesting, and rough." He chuckled as his hoof pawed at the grainy sand causing a small cloud to billow around his ivy marked legs before settling once more. Silver eyes switched between the three females. Was the Throat full of beautiful ladies like these? 'Or are the a lot of rival stags here?' He rolled the thought around curiously allowing the others to speak for a minute. "It's a pleasant morning isn't it? I don't know about ya'll, but I'm glad winter is gone." His nervous chuckled sounded as silver eyes flickered to Ranjiri for a moment long than they should have.

I L I O S
image credit

Tags; @Ranjiri
Words; 445
OOC; Sorry if it's a bit rambling xP
Tag me