the Rift

EAST OF EDEN | open

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Everything brightened, when Johnny arrived. That was always the case. And Ashamin felt suddenly guilty, then, for having quickened his pace even unintentionally and leaving that bright soul behind. It was good to keep someone like Johnny around. Maybe not so good for the nose, but good for the soul.

Ashamin accepted the mare's tired nod as greeting and dipped his head, retreating to Johnny's side. He hadn't expected much else of her, after all--surely she was overwhelmed, as the hybrid youth suggested. Ashamin nodded towards that creature, painted in teal vines, and smiled. He was alone, the sole representative for his herd, and to still stand proud in spite of that filled the haruspex with admiration.

Ashamin felt a nudge, a sort of bump against his knee, and looked down to see Lochan, pressing him on. His gaze turned back to the antlered mare, and with it arrived a smile. "Yes, I don't imagine anyone ever expects a crowd like this. Apologies, I am sure it is a lot to take in your first time in Helovia, I arrived not long ago and remember the feeling well." Ilios' question rang in his mind, and as his long tail darted about across the snow he thought he might answer it, at least, and so Ashamin turned to face him. "A good question, Ilios. My companion Johnny and I hail from the Aurora Basin, he is our rather talented weaver and I serve as the herd's Haruspex."

His gaze turned back to the mare's, Sabriel's. "Though our land may be colder than most, the warmth of its citizens is immeasurable," the painted buck assured. And that was true, as far as Ashamin had ever experienced. Johnny was certainly proof of that.

He was only able to offer the mare that brief reply before a series of unexpected events occurred. Ashamin had never met this spotted beast from the edge, but he was quickly learning he wasn't the most serious of sorts. Lochan noticed before Ashamin did, the long tongue pinned against Johnny's pure neck, and flashed the rather odd picture before the Haruspex. Why anyone would want to lick Johnny was beyond him, the smell was certainly more than potent enough, but to actually let go of all inhibitions and do so? Ashamin frowned, about to speak before a friend thankfully interrupted him.

The dashing hybrid appeared as if from the shadows, relieving Ashamin of the words and playing off this edge stranger's odd behavior with a joke. Lochan, seemingly no longer bothered by the incident, began wandering closer to the mare and nosing about her hooves. Immediately, the haruspex relaxed. If Lochan was calm, so was he. "Caleb, a pleasure. Out patrolling, soldier?"

It was a question to change the subject and keep his mind off of what the hell had just happened with Johnny. Instinctively, the haruspex reached to place his neck over Johnny's and pull the crafter closer. He had a feeling the bright stallion wouldn't mind.

"" ""
[[Apologies to all, I haven't fixed Ashamin's profile so Lochan's info was hidden away but it's now there under "other", for reference. He is very young so he still looks like a baby.]]

ASHAMIN

But you're never really alone, my friend
with a home and a heart you can share with a will
You will never be really alone.

image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
EAST OF EDEN | open - by Sabriel - 08-08-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Ilios - 08-09-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Mauja - 08-09-2015, 06:18 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Ashamin - 08-09-2015, 11:20 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Johnny - 08-09-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Sabriel - 08-09-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Ilios - 08-11-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Mauja - 08-11-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Caleb - 08-11-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Ashamin - 08-12-2015, 10:01 AM