the Rift

EAST OF EDEN | open

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Lochan, suddenly realizing he was the center of attention, froze. His white eyes went wide and his short tail flagged up, flashing its white underside to his bonded. Even Ashamin, standing a little further back than the newcomer mare, could see Lochan's fear. He was a shy creature, to be sure. Perhaps age and experience would change that, perhaps not. But not wanting the cerndyr to leave without his curiosity sated, Ashamin stepped forward and nudged him with his nose.

The surface of his horn, rough and pitted, the wide set yawn of his nostrils, brought a familiar sense to the small creature. He was safe. He didn't need to be scared. Slowly he relaxed, taking a few steps backwards, putting himself back between Ashamin's knobby legs.

"Lochan is a cerndyr," Ashamin supplied happily, casting the mare a faint smile as he answered her question. "I believe they are a species unique to helovia. I'm not sure if they're all quite as timid as he," the haruspex added, shifting his legs to rub against the creature's soft fur, comforting him.

But this was just the first of many questions, and the ones that followed all brought a familiar tightness to Ashamin's chest. Hadn't he wondered all the same things when he'd come here, but been too scared to ask?

He watched as the appaloosa excused himself, and cast a nervous look over at Johnny. Had Ashamin offended the spotted beast, in a failed attempt to offer friendship to his weaver? He shook his head, remembering that he'd left Johnny's side to comfort Lochan, remembering the information Ilios had already provided and the questions Sabriel had asked.

"What I spoke of before were our titles. Within each of the herds there are sets of ranks, each specializing in certain disciplines. I serve as a scholar for the herd, Caleb a defender. Johnny..." Ashamin smiled, thinking of Johnny's skill with magic. "Johnny makes items out of cloth to help the herd succeed. His skills are especially useful, in cold months like these." His long tail flicked in Johnny's direction. He was appreciative of the weaver's willingness to help all in the Aurora Basin, even near strangers.

"If you wish to join us on our journey home, Sabriel, I would be happy to accept you into our herd. I have helped others such as yourself find a path to follow in the Aurora Basin, I consider such council to be one of my duties as the Haruspex," Ashamin said proudly, remembering reading the stars for Mortuus' sake. How was that strange stallion, now? Meeting with Lena, perhaps.

Ashamin turned to Johnny then, wondering what the weaver would add, if anything. Ashamin had not come to the Threshold expecting to find a new addition to the herd, but this mare would be more than welcome. He was always thankful for new members of the family.

"" ""

ASHAMIN

[[Sorry you were waiting! Bay went on absent and said to go ahead and skip her so I thought I'd speed this along.]]
image credits

@Johnny @Sabriel @Ilios @Caleb

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
EAST OF EDEN | open - by Sabriel - 08-08-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Ilios - 08-09-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Mauja - 08-09-2015, 06:18 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Ashamin - 08-09-2015, 11:20 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Johnny - 08-09-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Sabriel - 08-09-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Ilios - 08-11-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Mauja - 08-11-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Caleb - 08-11-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: EAST OF EDEN | open - by Ashamin - 08-12-2015, 10:01 AM