Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I'll follow you out of the dark
I tried it my way but I keep fallin' apart

Home.

Only… it didn’t feel as such. The trees overhead were ripe with Birdsong and tragic memories, and the scent of the ground reminded her of death. Here was where she had almost died – as a child no less. Here was where Deimos had used his dark powers to leech her of her will to survive, and only her twin sister, Ktulu, had been her savior. Mauja’s words were such a stark contrast to who he was now, or was he hiding? His mind was lost to her, a void in an otherwise open sea of thoughts. Could she truly trust a mind she could not read?

Or was it simply lack of faith on her behalf?

The World’s Edge was a question mark taking up an entire page of her story, an unknown she did not control and could not influence. That was unnerving, moreso than her impulsive decision to give up her leadership in the north and follow her heart. She couldn’t remember the last time she had listened to the damaged, icy organ which beat so woefully in her chest. But alas, here she was among the gaping boughs of emerald and strange faces, most of whom had been her enemies at one point or another.

Ophelia took a deep breath, trying to calm her frayed nerves. She stood quietly against a tree near the eastern edge of their land – close to the “entrance” if there was one in such a vast forest. She was waiting, perhaps for another or perhaps for Torleik. There was not much to be done here, at least nothing that could be done by herself, and she twisted the bright star upon her brow (a light given to her by the sun god) so that she could admire its light.

Unable to contain herself any long, she wandered beyond the borders of the Edge, her silver dragon, Tinek, bounding and leaping from branch to branch.  

@Cassiopia

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Cassiopia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

cassiopia nebualis
Wait, while I sing the stars a lullaby.

It did not take long, but it seemed to have taken ages, and the golden woman was cold the entire way. A chilly spring breeze had set in, and it grabbed at her skin, making her shiver. Cassiopia had followed the winter coated woman to this place they called the "Edge," and soon she found out. As they drew closer, the lady's eyes grew wide as she laid them upon the monstrosity that was the World's Edge. A massive forest spread out before her, menacing but, it also echoed of safety and shelter as birdsong grew louder as they drew nearer.

On the horizon, a figure moved from the forest's edge, and moved in their direction. The woman's ears swiveled forward, and her eyes grew even wider as she searched for a scent on the crisp breeze. Finally, she was able too see the other equine that neared, a beautiful unicorn with a white coat and a hint of blood red. Above her, a creature bounded along, a reptile, no a dragon with white scales, like it's companion. Cassiopia had seen dragons before, in her old home, but they were much larger and much more ferocious than this one seemed too be, and at the thought, her heart ached. Tendrils of longing extended throughout her body as she wished she was home, the woman was almost sad. A sigh escaping her bodice, she once again returned her attention too the new comer, and of course she analyzed the situation, as she always did.

Tilting her head, thoughts began swimming through her head, I am sure this one is also from the Edge. I wonder how many there are, and this can't possibly be there leader, could it? Opening her velvety lips, the golden woman allowed words to flow like honey from them, hoping to discover the identity of this stranger. 
"Hello, I am guessing you are of the World's Edge also? I am Cassiopia, and Elsa has led me here for shelter," she spoke honestly as another shiver ran down her spine, and she hoped soon they would take her too warmth.

words: 351 | tag: @Ophelia| notes: rusty little me

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I'll follow you out of the dark
I tried it my way but I keep fallin' apart

The scent of another and lightly padding steps not from her own hooves called her attention, and Ophelia jerked her head up, ears dashing forward to catch the location of this stranger. Her own split hooves came to a gentle halt, strange, two-colored eyes stopping on the mobile chestnut figure in the distance. She was small, much smaller than herself and dashed with colors of the rainbow - as if the gods themselves had playfully experimented with her hide. Ophelia was envious of such care and beauty, especially when her own coat was only dipped in blood and violence. 

Ophelia watched the familiar sight of a stranger taking notice of Tinek in the trees, and as always, he smiled in return in a toothy, dragon way and became a part of the conversation. She waited, observing this stranger as she approached and regarding her curiously. Phi had a mysterious air about her, one that held wisdom beyond her years, tragedy in her eyes, and softness in her grace. Listening to this stranger, she nodded slowly. She was a member of this herd, though she could not say much more - especially since she was new to the land herself. 

Interesting that Elsa had brought her here, though. "Elsa is a lovely girl," she complimented softly. "I am of the World's Edge. My name is Ophelia, and I am a Munnin, or a knowledge seeker. A spy, if you will." The pale princess wondered where Mauja or Torleik were? Could they also help where she was lost? Her dual colored eyes swept once more over the stranger, and then she gestured with her head for the mare to follow. 

"Please come in," she said, leading her deeper within the forests where they were protected and much, much warmer. "Do you wish to live here? I can try to get Mauja or Torleik, the leaders, to come visit if you have more questions. Unfortunately, I am also new and do not possess enough knowledge. However, if you have questions about Helovia, I can shed light in many areas." Her voice was soft, like chimes - beautiful and feminine which was a sharp contrast to her ruthless crimson adornments. 

"What are you from?"

@Cassiopia

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
How fickle my heart,
and how woozy my eyes.
So, he continues to evade the tantalizing fingers of the Basin.

But why the Edge? Perhaps it is its familiarity, assuming its welcome still stands after these passing months, or perhaps it is the mighty beckoning of its strapping kings. Either way, it hadn’t been long after the bloodbath in the blood woods that the Warlander had departed. His destination hadn’t been clear at first, but his hooves soon lead him closer and closer to the edge of the world (a fitting place for an adventurer like himself, he thinks). Perhaps unconsciously he had always been headed in that general direction, towards a herd and purpose, but it had ultimately been the battle to make his mind.

If nothing else, Rohan feels a sense of pride in choosing the World’s Edge and its herd, rather than being recruited. As necessary as everyone thinks it is, he doesn’t fancy the idea of being corralled and auctioned for. So it is with a flashy spring in his step that he moves forward, notwithstanding the limp that roughens his strides, the lingering effects and bleeding banners of battle.

At last the horizon is feathered with the forest of trees that shelters the Edge, and Rohan knows that he is finally drawing close. For a short moment his pace slows, large hooves hesitating over the thawing ground as green eyes are cast forward, his lips pursing in a final moment of consideration. Gone are the chances to contemplate if this is the right decision, or if this is what he wants—Helovia’s wilds have shared their beauty with him, and while he has no intention in abandoning his heart’s wanderlust completely, there is something else that thrums behind the beating in his chest. A sense of purpose—a calling.

And now he knows that he must listen to it. Even if his attempts in this foggy land sputter and flounder, ultimately giving way to failure, his confidence assures him that at least he will have done everything he could to remedy the hollow aching in his mind. After laying out his life, the Warlander no longer sees Helovia as another pit stop along his journey. He had fought for this world, bled for it, and now he must explore everything it has to offer him.

Exhaling heavily in a deep grunt, the antlered stallion presses onward once again, picking up his powerful (albeit, limping) strides—moving with a sort of resolution towards World’s Edge. Fortunately, he doesn’t have time to falter in his resolve as he closes in on the borders, two figures catching his attention before he even breaks into the thickness of the trees. They are both strangers to him—although that isn’t necessarily surprising, as he has only met three of the Edge’s members—and his interest swells when their scents confirm them to be females. It seems to be going well for him so far, doesn’t it?

Approaching them, he catches the very last of their conversation—an inquiry of origins. “Now isn’t that always the question of the day,” the breadth of his deep voice broadens over the space between them, a spark of amusement flashing beneath the masculinity of his tone. Rohan’s lips twist into a skewed grin—balancing on the brink of a smirk—when he draws to a halt, pointedly ignoring the aching of his battered body.

“Hello, ladies,” his thick neck arches in a bow to each of them, more of a show than anything; his mother had always told him to be a gentleman, after all. “My name is Rohan, an outcast; I have also come to join your noble ranks, if you will have me.” He says this with a dramatic flourish, his crooked smile widening. It is all an assumption, of course—the two mares could have been herd mates for months and are just noticing each other now, although the petite beauty looks far less at ease than the other (then again, she could just be like that all the time). In any case, he stands by his assumptions until he is corrected.

Shifting his weight to stand comfortably with his wounds, looking quite mighty with his battle scars (or so he tells himself), the Warlander continues with flirting interest. “And who might you beauties be?” His green eyes flicker between the both of them, and it occurs to him that he isn’t at all eager for their Highnesses to arrive. After all, what male would be eager to share two stunning women with two other men? Do the math. He might as well make the most of this moment while it is in his grasp.

notes; Hi!:) this is set after the Time God battle thread, so I apologize if his general state/wounds shift a bit as the battle thread progresses xD 
“Speech.”
image credits | @Ophelia @Cassiopia
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Torleik the Bloodskald

Careful with that honeyed tongue

This stallion. He remembered him. He didn't much like him - though he didn't utterly dislike him either. They had met before when this Rohan was wandering around, testing out the herdlands, acting as if he was above it all. He'd told Torleik a crumbling glass wall wasn't the best way to get newcomers to join. Torleik had wished, in return, to push his smart mouth into said crumbling glass wall. Being a smartass wasn't hard. Keeping yourself from being a smartass actually took skill. It was all well and good, though, and the Edge King had not actually anticipated seeing Rohan again. Though the stallion would be welcome, it had not seemed as though he was impressed with their currently-being-remodeled home. 

Apparently this impression was incorrect. The Bloodskald spotted his form before he saw Ophelia and another he didn't recognize, but the flirtatious words that fell from this antler-horned Casanova's lips rankled the king's ire. "One of them is mine; slake your thirst elsewhere, rake," the ruler rumbled, his tone amiable, but vibrating with a potentially dangerous edge as he came to Ophelia's side and stood shoulder to shoulder with her. Torleik made a short motion of touching his muzzle to her neck; no overt display was necessary. "I believe I missed whatever introduction you laid out, but I remember you, Rohan. It seems our crumbling glass wall did not deter you, after all, hm? Mauja and I are ever so glad." Did he feel guilty for being a smartass here? Perhaps a little. But the Bloodskald was not always above playing another's game, and he did find this Rohan mildly amusing, at least. 

Both males were marked with wounds that may or may not leave scars, but Torleik gave no mind to his appearance in this manner. Cuts, bleeding, pain and wounds, all were familiar to him as a warrior. If he gained another scar, what of it? Just another permanent reminder of a moment in his history, and history was written by the victors. To be proud of his wounds seemed foreign to him; one should only be proud of his effort, his victory, his adherence to cause. Sobering slightly, he addressed the other comer to this little soiree, curious. "Are you all right?" She seemed...frail. Perhaps malnourished? No. Not quite. But something about the other one was withdrawn, sucked in, and it concerned Torleik deeply. "Do you require a healer?" His eyes flick to Rohan, studying the stallion's wounds as well. "And you, Rohan - do you require healing? I can fetch a læknir if you wish." His offer was not an afterthought, merely offered to the male second, as a sign of respect. Some warriors found healers to be beneath them. If the wound had not killed them already then they should recover under their own strength - such was a common line of reasoning amongst his homeland. Mayhap Rohan felt the same. If he did not, here was his offer. 

Two others addressed, his attention drifted, as it always did, to his woman, to Ophelia, and his kinglike nature softened. So many thoughts jumbled his head. So many feelings confused themselves within him. She had gone off without him, again, up north. Luckily he had followed the call and found her there so he could be with her to battle. Did she ever need him? Would she ever stay? Torleik did not know if he could...adapt to her enough, if she never adapted to him as well. 

The thought frightened him. 

Pushing such personal matters aside, he refocused on the newcomers, expectantly awaiting their answers for healing.

"talk talk talk"

Art by araxel @ DA

@Ophelia
@Rohan
@Cassiopia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
Thick, black tipped ears twitched- voices. High pitched feminine voices, rolling masculine ones. He had been surveying the shattered glass (honestly in dismay, it seemed he was making slow progress on the cleaning the mess as the sole glazier). So he welcomed the distraction- any distraction.

The elephant left the painfully slowly disappearing mess of glass, following his ears to the confluence of voices. He thought he heard to females- maybe a welcome of somesort? Then a rougher, clearly male voice. He thought he heard flirting, if the tone was any inclination.  He smiled lopsidedly to himself, amused by his eavesdropping.

He cleared the trees that blocked his view as his King approached a lovely cream mare dipped in crimson. He noted the intimate, if brief, and possessive touch placed on her neck. Ears twitch at the irritated, if amiable, words given to the war beaten antlered stallion. “Torliek,” his low voice was laced with deference owed to a king, though he did not address him by the title. He still was wont to shy away from titles and established authority- and he didn’t quite know his king well enough to trust him with his deep, unfaltering respect.

Briefly he assesses his own injuries from the god battle. A burn across his broad haunches, the skin still freshly boiled. Other scrapes, bruises, gashes littered his thick hide. But it as the constant sting of the burn that rankled him. He assuredly preferred broken ribs or deep pains to this constant sting.

He found his eyes had settled on the pretty, delicate mare. The uncertainty in her colorful body  implied her newness to the herd. He found himself giving an easy, lopsided smile to the dainty lady, nodding his great horn in welcoming.

He turned his bright blue eyes to meet the bright green of the antlered stud- ‘Rohan’ as Torliek has called him. The stallion was striking, to be sure, though a sense of cockiness preceded him and his words. He was certainly self-assured. A chuckle almost escaped the elephant as the mannerisms reminded him of an amusing friend he had had. Though he cut it short, choosing instead to speak, “I’m not sure what you two roses have done to land yourselves among us thorns,” he now allowed himself a chuckle, “But I am Tembovu, a glazier here. I hope Torliek’s appearance means that you two will be joining us?” he switched to address the colorful small woman and the shaggy stud. He had seen the scarlet-gilded, pale woman hanging at the edges of the herd meeting. Though she had seemed uncertain, uncomfortable then. Almost as she did now- the thought disquieted him. A woman loved by a king should not feel unwelcome in her own home.

So he turned his warm smile and eyes towards her. He was about to speak or make a joke to put her at ease, but bit his tongue- mindful of the possession with which Torliek acted. Now was not the time to incur the irritation of a King.
Image // Coding

ooc| yay! He meets everyone! His next post won’t be so long for the thread's sake, he just needed to catch up.
@Ophelia, @Cassiopia, @Rohan, @Torliek

Please tag Tembovu.