Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

I'm tired
I'm so tired
not from a lack of sleep 
but from a sheer amount of disbelief 

I've met few in my life that actually stick in my mind.
I notice this now as I find my through a cool forest, the snow making it even more surreal than I've already found it to be. My heart lunges at the sight of the Rotunda, almost leaping out of my chest because I was awfully tired of getting slow, snow drops in my eyes as I made my way slowly through the dead undergrowth and hanging tree branches. 

Just looking at the dark, domed place my insides began to "warm" my eyes widened by the very structure of it. I hurry towards it in meek attempt to get there faster, but my feet are trudging and I haven't gone too far before I stop making an effort. 

Reaching the domed area, I step inside lightly but hesitantly, but heart pounding. It's all I hear, in my ears and in my chest. Something's wrong. It's too quiet. I deffinately don't like it. Not at all. So, I call out, my own body warming up at just the sound of my voice echoing through it after a long time of silence. "Hello!?" I'd yelled, my voice a little horse. I'd coughed it all out for a second before returning to my stone gaze outside the structure around me. There had to be someone nearby who had heard! Maybe they were only ignoring me. Thinking to themselves that if they just kept walking, they wouldn't need to have social interaction with anyone. 

Hopefully not, because I was in a mad rush.

A mad rush for words. For a flow of words that I needed to say. Anything and everything. And I needed to say it. They were almost forcing their way out of my mouth. I needed to scream out words I've held in.
This is when I'm afraid that someone wont ignore me. This is when I'm afraid I might scare someone new away without Her popping up in my head. 

From seeing the watercolor world we live in slowly turn a light shade of tin
smiles fade to frowns
ups turn to downs
some of us have lost their spark
lost our drive
lost our heart

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Rainbow Liars

Do not make of me a liar
when I'm nothing but a youthful priest
a follower, of something too devout
for me to name.

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

Lochan was becoming too big to rest inside Ashamin's sarong. The Haruspex was bent forward with the weight on his chest, the little black body tugging on the back of his neck and pulling his nose to the ground. Someday Ashamin would have the heart to make the creature walk or stay behind when morning came, but for now the cerndyr could have his rest.

It was morning, and so the pair had spent the night awake and would normally shut their eyes as a duo, now. But though Lochan stayed true to a nocturnal lifestyle, Ashamin often dabbled in the diurnal light of day, as he did now. They had reached the rotunda with heavy, tired hearts--Ashamin had nudged the cerndyr to rest on the snow-less stone and give his own back some rest.

And though Lochan had protested with little brays and chuffs, he had eventually obeyed. And so now Ashamin stood, an awake protector, his drooping eyes watching the sun as it rose higher and higher in the sky.

The haruspex hadn't expected to find anyone else at all, let alone a creature as desperate as this. But then, the mare arrived. She seemed frantic as she rushed into the rotunda's wide umbrella, as if here the cold would be banished from her life. He himself was no enemy of the cold. He had come here for another reason: in the hopes he might find something of value in that rainbow canopy. Something well... religious, in its fervor. And there had been a pleasure in the quiet, too. His own cave was now underscored by the crackling of a fire, and the blank silver of its mirror, so cryptic with its sporadic messages, were taunting.

Whatever she was here for, he was thankful for the company. The quiet had proven to be no escape, no religious experience--just another platform on which his grief could shine.

"You are not alone, stranger," he called out from the shadow, stepping forth and letting the glass overhead paint his white in a rainbow of hues. His long tail swayed behind him before dropping to the ground and sending a few small sparks over the surface of the rotunda's floor. Behind him, Lochan grunted softly in his sleep. "There is no need for distress."

There wasn't, was there? Or was he a liar, too?

Beauty is Perception by FoxyFireWings
Table by Jen, with help from Avis

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Adoptable

I'm tired
I'm so tired
not from a lack of sleep

His voice makes my heart leap along with my body. Maybe not literally, but he sure gave me a fright. Maybe not a big one, but it was big enough. My eyes dance across him; though not like he's a meal; and not like I'm a girl looking for a lot of attention, because in all honesty, I really am not all that into the 'all eyes on me' thing. 

He has a thing draped across his withers, I pay it no mind. There was a young-looking asleep animal. It was cute and small, it was a companion or friend to this man, his own little beauty of a beast. There's something in his horn that I pay no mind to, and his tail is one I haven't seen around all that much. 

Rare.

A smile dances across my features as I nod a greeting. The words I once needed to say so terribly are now lowering back into their pit. Of course I will still speak oh-too-much and scare him away. But I think that's okay. 
I think that's okay for today.

"Hello, and...may I say, is that little thing there a deer?" I murmur, already taking his eyes and thoughts off me and onto the little creature. Chestnut beauty's landing right on the companion tucked away. "Cute" I'd murmur a few times before shaking my head and lifting my eyes to meet his once more. "My name is Cashmere" I say, not adding everything I want to say. If I had, my introduction probably would have gone a little like this: "I'm Cashmere, and the girl inside my head is just waiting to give me a snarky comment that makes me wince, but I'm okay. How about you?" It was a little sad and pathetic, seeing how absent she's been from my mind as of late. I'd been getting upset with her. Saying things I don't mean. 
She knows that I don't mean them, she's ME. Yet she's still upset. And I just can't figure out why. Was I doing something with our body that....

Correction:

MY body that she didn't feel comfortable with? Was I annoying her with my lack of speech? She seemed pretty annoyed when I spoke anyway, so I'd let that thought go right away. 

"Oh, and, I'm not in distress. I don't think." I say with a wide smile, practically opening to him. I was worth his time. I was worth this baby-cradeler's time. 

smiles fade to frowns
ups turn to downs
some of us have lost their spark
lost our drive
lost our heart

[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

Cashmere?

What a curious name.

Ashamin, draped in silk himself, took a few cautious steps closer to the mare and farther from his charge, even as Cashmere had just spoken of him. He nodded, slowly, his head bobbing with each step and his long tail dragging, tesla coil clattering against the stone and casting sparks.

Was Lochan a deer? In a way, of course. But in another way, in a magic sort of way, he was something else. "Lochan is a cerndyr," the haruspex answered simply, at last ceasing his walk and the clicking of his cleft hooves. He paused and extended his cheek to reach for hers as was his custom, hoping she would reciprocate.

Behind Ashamin, his companion slept soundly. The haruspex could see into his dreams, painted in colors and sketches, infantile drawings of the world as the cerndyr saw it. What was it like to have such innocence? He looked upon the dark body, scattered with spots that all focused on that marked brow. There was so much wisdom in such a small young body. When would he have such intelligence, himself? Would he ever?

His body was hunched but his head and neck erect to reach the mare who stood even with his hands. The haruspex looked upon her, clad in gray and purple hues, with curiousity. She seemed like someone he would have met before. He was certain, somehow, that he should have met her before.

But all that was neither here nor there. It was just speculation, abstract emotion and the faint tug of malformed memory. Maybe he'd just met someone like her. Maybe he hadn't, at all.

The buck shook his head and pulled away from the mare, the white stone in his horn rattling faintly. "I am Ashamin, Haruspex of the Aurora Basin," he offered with an easygoing smile, sighing as he finished speaking. It was cold, and it was quiet. He felt at a strange peace, as if the rotunda were trapped in a bubble untouched by sound or the disturbances of the everyday.

[[No poem muse, sorry. But tag!]]

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.

Adoptable

I'm tired
I'm so tired
not from a lack of sleep

He's walking towards me and I can feel a smile start to grow across my face. I notice one more thing about him: he's got such a long tail! When he tells me that his companion is in fact a cerndyr I'm isn't surprised. I've seen a couple of them floating around Helovia.

"Ah yes. I'm familiar." Is all I say. What else is there to reply?

I wonder why he's like this. What made him so formal? What was it in his past that made him like this, and did he like it? When he reached out to greet with her she does so respectfully, and when he pulls away she does the same. Introducing himself, he offers her a small smile.

I don't feel like I have to speak, but then again, don't I? Is this going to be one of those awkward silences that just go on until someone speaks? Or maybe a comfortable one? One of those thoughtless ones, where they are both thinking? It was so weird. I could go like this for a couple hours with Her inside my mind. It must be even harder outside as well...

"Ashamin?" She bursts. "I want to ask, is this snow something you like to watch when you are in the Basin? Or, anywhere, actually! Because I find a sort of comfort when I watch the snow fall silently, and it's just so nice to just relax some times..." My voice dwindles away as I think about how I'm coming off to him. I sigh a cloud of air into the world. And for a moment, I feel like... -a dragon!-

She's back.

smiles fade to frowns
ups turn to downs
lost our drive
lost our heart

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Home

I think that I am lucky,
I have many,
I'm no fool

And the greatest one of all
is by your side
and in the snow.

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

It appeared that there was not that much to be said. Ashamin, being one that appreciated silence, wasn't about to complain. And with the soft sighs of Lochan asleep at his back, the gentle view of falling snow, he felt at peace.

When Cashmere spoke the first time, he hadn't given it much thought. But when that had faded into silence, silence she so abruptly broke with a question, Ashamin was startled out of a reverie. How strange, that he had felt almost dreamlike. It was as if he had taken to sleep for a moment, but still walked. Why did that sensation feel familiar?

Why did all of this feel familiar? He'd never even been here, before.

But as he burst out through the fog of relaxation and uncertainty, he realized she had asked a rather simple question, and one with a peaceful answer. He smiled, watching as the breath curled from her nostrils in cold wisps and his own did the same upon sighing.

"There is nothing else like it," he murmured in response, picturing the view from his cave, the most tranquil place he had known. "It's an irreplaceable peace, the sensation of watching a storm from inside your home."

The thought threatened to force him into wandering again, somewhere far away from the scene. This mare, whomever she was, was curious and perhaps not as accustomed to silence as he, but good company. And curiosity was a virtue, anyway.

Then a thought occurred, a rather relevant but still somehow errant seeming one. "Do you have a home, Cashmere?" the haruspex questioned, his black eyes deep and wide, his long tail a waving banner, his heart still and calm.

Adoptable

I'm tired
I'm so tired
not from a lack of sleep

I listen to nothing for a few moments.

Or is it, I listen for nothing? 

I can't decide as I await his relaxed answer. And when he does, I nod and agree internally. Talking about the silence of snow and the outdoors makes me want to be quiet for a little while and think. It's a nice feeling to have, I have it at least two times a week while wandering alone. I mean, I can't go too long without running into someone I either know or have yet to meet, and I've just found the silent times in between one of my favorite parts. It's nice to just think to yourself and keep to yourself and be yourself when your alone.

And then not two seconds after that train of thought left her station, she is approached by a question. "Me? Have a home? No." I answer all in one. A smile is taking form on my kissers right then. Something about the way he asks, like it was an idea. A conversation piece of some sort. 

Like he was trying to create a puzzle of words with only a few. Maybe he was trying to figure me out. Me and my mind. Me and my slight aloof-ness that puts my whole being off. 

Or maybe he's not.

Maybe he's just as curious as me. Maybe. Because I want to know why he's here, wandering just as I am. Or maybe he's not even wandering! I wouldn't know! Questions like this one pop in my brain every few minutes of our whole time together. 

Look at me, calling this thing we're doing here our "whole time together". This isn't our whole time together this is just us two. Sharing this clearing with a domed, snow-white structure. 
Not a doubt, we will meet again after we part. (Maybe we won't even part!!) I will make sure of this. I want to get to know this Ashamin. I want to get to know the Basin for who they are inside. If only they would let me in...

smiles fade to frowns
ups turn to downs
lost our drive
lost our heart

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

To Think

To think that I'd be dead without this life
that you and Lena led me to--
to think that I'd be drowning in some old
now lessened sorrow.

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

No home.

Ashamin had a home, and he was thankful for it. In fact, he was growing ever more certain that without it, he would no longer be alive. As far as he was concerned one could only wander alone for so long. Perhaps now, with Lochan at his side, things would be different if he were to leave. But how could he ever make the Basin a part of his past, when his entrance there had ensured he have a present and future?

No, he would not be alive without that cold valley and the kind hearts that inhabited it. He looked back towards his companion, his large ears flicking forward at the sound of the cerndyr's quiet chuffs and snores. A creature as small as that made the quietest noises. A creature like Lochan put him at peace.

"I didn't have the strength to live life as a lone wander," Ashamin commented absently, then, his eyes focused on the snow as it trailed down to kiss the earth. It shone as it fluttered about, lit by the morning. The setting was serene to the point where it became difficult for him to worry about, well, anything. "I admire those with the fortitude to survive that way, but... ah. I guess I'm just not a solitary soul."

His voice trailed in that moment, returned in hesitation. Was she? He looked at her then, glancing from the side of his turned head but not moving. Maybe she was suffering as he had, once.

Ashamin would let her decide that—and whether or not to share it, too.

Adoptable

I'm tired
I'm so tired
not from a lack of sleep

In the moments he leaves silent as I do as well, I let my mind wander about.
One the note of wandering... I think of Desperado and how he is at this moment. I was going to meet back up with him after I ran into a kind girl on the beach. We hadn't talked long before parting ways. Now I was here and it was more snowy than before and I wonder what my friend is doing now.

I wonder if he's still going to travel south with me and my wit. Me and Her.

"I didn't have the strength to live life as a lone wander," his tone is serious and solemn. Maybe that is the one thing I don't like about him. Although I can be like him sometimes with my soft voice and peaceful ways. Was She secretly grabbing hold of my steering wheel, leading me to believe that it was okay to not like one thing about someone else.
I mean, I guess that is okay, so I don't overreact. Yet.

I nod when he says he admires anyone who can live that way. He says he's solitary soul. I guess he really is. "I'm a wanderer. I wander through other's lives in hopes to change them up just a bit before I leave once again. It's not much of an impact, but it's something. I never have time to stay longer than a day." I explain my ways to him. My newly selected ways.

"If I find someone I truly like a lot, it will stick with them for a little longer than that. Don't get me wrong, I like you and your cute little thing but I really can't stay too long." I hope he understands as a small smile spreads my cheeks.

She flutters in her slumber and seems to shoot a sense of rush and hurried-ness into my mind while asleep. I shiver and start to fidget. It's hard to ignore her. It's like I can feel her rolling around in her bed of my nightmares. It's distracting, and I may not hear his next words...

smiles fade to frowns
ups turn to downs
lost our drive
lost our heart

@Ashamin
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

Carefully, the Haruspex listened to the mare's defense of the wandering life. Perhaps it suited her, he wouldn't try and sway her otherwise. He too had been a wanderer, it had taken time for him to settle and find the home that he was now so wedded to. Oh, the Aurora Basin, and all its cold, had enough to keep others at bay for sure. But it was still the land Ashamin loved, as hard as it might be to convince others to come visit or stay.

Absently, the haruspex let his eyes wander to where Lochan lay to rest. That was his home, in the end. Where his heart was, with the small deer and kindness, was his home.

It was as if this was enough to remind him that there were still other places to be and go with that young cerndyr, though. He felt foolish for staying so long away from his duties. Were others waiting for his wisdom? Oh, he doubted it, not with him being so new in his position. But still, it was enough to cause him doubt and concern.

With a flick of his tail and a smile, he offered a vacant reply. "Of course, of course. None of us can stay long," Ashamin said softly, hoping to segue into his own departure. "Even I can't not now. I have much to attend to. But I should hope I will see you again--call upon me, if you find yourself near the border of the Aurora Basin," he said with a slow nod.

He turned to call Lochan forth but found the sleepy creature already beside him, swaying and ready to depart. Ashamin drew the young thing into his sarong and turned to depart, looking back at the mare with kindness. "Farewell, Cashmere," he added before turning back to face the cold.

Then again, everywhere was cold.

So sorry! I'm super busy and trying to wrap up threads, perhaps we can thread again later when life settles down for me.