the Rift

[OPEN] Time Rolls On

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

It had taken awhile to get out of the Falls but now that he was he was planning to do something fun. It was boring hanging around with adults all the time and there wasn't exactly an abundance of others around his age there. It would be nice if there would be some others to play with but apparently no one else seemed to feel the same way. Maybe the coming spring would change that, he could always hope anyway. It was times like this that he missed his brother the most but sadly there was nothing he could do about it. There was a good chance that he would never see him again but he liked to think that someday he would return home. Pushing those dreams aside for now the colt couldn't help but kick up his heels sending snow flying behind him. 

The last time he had been to the deep forest seemed like forever ago but from what he recalled it was quite interesting. Reaching the top of the hill overlooking it the colt lept forward half gliding and half sliding down the hill only to collect his footing at the bottom once more. It took no time to pull his wings back against his sides so not to hit them off of any of the trees before he continued to head deeper into the trees. Eyes bright with excitement the boy took pleasure in chasing a few squirrels through the brush until they disappeared somewhere in the thick foliage or they ran up a tree. He had learned the hard way not to try chasing the fuzzy raccoons around for there always seemed to be another nearby to come snapping at his heels. He was only trying to play with them like geesh what was their problem anyway? 

Spotting a couple downed trees across the path up ahead the colt perked his ears as he moved into a slow gallop planning to sail over the blockages. The first time he had tried this he had wound up on his face when his back hooves had caught on the branches. This time he was prepared for that and he was not planning to repeat that rather painful experience anytime soon. Counting his strides carefully he gathered his strength down into his haunches and launched himself into the air making sure to tuck his hooves up tightly to his chest. Maybe this is what it felt like to fly... well sort of.

ooc: Spice first please and then if anyone wants to join the party feel free!

Aeolus Speaks

•• TAGS: Spice •• NOTES:  <3  ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are.”
Table by Moonstone Designs

@Spice
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

I'm not that surprised to find myself clashing once again with the one and only Aeo. My partner in crime. My new-old friend. My pal.

Yeah. He was none of those things. And come to think of it, I had none of those things. I had to get on that, and fast. I wanted a partner in crime. What if I stole something? What if I need help stealing that something...?

I'm not going to steal anything. All I'm going to do is scare him. Harmless.
Creeping forward is easy because he's already facing away from me, head tilted so that I could see him through the snow-covered undergrowth. He seems to be alone, like he usually is. A content smirk pushed it's way into my features. My face screwed up, muzzle wrinkling ever-so-slightly, eyes wild and, for effect, rabid.

So stuffing a smirk in there too is quite difficult for my face.

So when I pounce from the bushes, I spread my wings wide, a loud cackle erupting from the pit of my stomach, the smirk breaking away into a grin as I watch him jump forward with legs pulled to his chest-
Wait, was he trying to fly?

"AEO?" I cry, my head thrown back in the laughing fit I'd broken into. "You can't..." I need to calm myself down. "You can't...fly!?" I manage in between laughing and snorts. 

When I've composed myself after about a whole minute of that, I smile and glance playfully up at him. "So..." I snort and snicker. "How've ya been, Aeo?" That smile still on my face, and you can probably tell that I'm still tempted to shit my pants with laughter. I figure it's rude and not right to laugh at something like that, because hey, I don't even know how old he is, but I find it funny, and lets face it: 
COMIC RELIFE IS GOOD.

"Talk talk talk."

OOC;; lol wat did i do?
TAG;; @Aeolus
Image Credits
- table by Niki -
@Aeolus
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Feeling confident before his feet left the ground the colt stretched his body reaching for the ground on the opposite side. Ideally the goal would be to touchdown on the other side without meeting up with the trees at any point in time in between or after for that matter. Halfway through his jump something drew his eye away from his targeted landing spot for just a fraction too long causing him to fumble midair while his brain tried to get caught up with his body. Landing off to the side he felt his feet start to slide on the ice only to be followed by his hind ones. Tossing his head up and locking his legs the colt flailed around for a moment trying to regain his balance as his hooves continued to slide on the ice. Somehow the boy managed to stay on his feet but with the momentum his hooves spun him around in circles as if he was on skates until finally he managed to stop. By this point his head was doing circles so it took a minute or two to figure out what the hell had just happened. Shaking off the dizziness he opened his eyes to find no one other than Spice standing a little ways off staring at him with laughter upon her lips. Great this was just how he had planned the day! Here he was standing half splay legged like a newborn with a pretty girl watching...this was just perfect.

Her words felt like a knife to his chest as they sunk in telling the reality of his misfortunes. No one except for mother and Kaj knew that he had difficulty flying...how did she know? No, maybe she was just assuming... she couldn't know..could she? They had played before but he had never told anyone about not being able to fly. Sobering as quickly as possible he wiped the shock off his face figuring it was easier to ignore the whole question. "No, I was jumping! There is a difference you know." He teased lightly with a smirk as he carefully walked over to her to get a better footing.

He was pleased to see his old/new friend again since it had been so long since they last met. Well maybe a month or two..but it was still a long time. Batting at Spice playfully with one wing he came over to greet her properly. "I'm good! How about you? I haven't seen you in ages!"

Aeolus Speaks

•• TAGS: Spice •• NOTES: Everything! LOL ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs

@Spice
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**