Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

I didn't expect to ask this then or
ever, maybe I was hoping
for something more than the answer
I will be given,
thy will be done.

"A pleasure, then, Rikyn." Ashamin said quietly, shuffling further in the cave now that the uncomfortable setting was easing into something more hospitable. Lochan brightened immediately, making a small chirp-like sound at the Haruspex's quiet approach and drawing attention to it. Ashamin slowed, and stopped. Rikyn was speaking again.

What did the Haruspex want to know? And from Rikyn, too, of all the equids in this herd. Ashamin had asked the question half expecting the boy's enthusiastic ego to carry him down a tale without any further prompting. But now that he was asked about the origin of his question, the origin of the herd, he wasn't certain what to ask in particular.

He considered asking about the God of the Spark, but feared that if he was as elusive as He appeared to be, Ashamin might find no answer in Rikyn. What of the herd's old leads, then? Perhaps that was a good question. But no, there was something else, something he'd wanted to know for a much longer time, something he'd always been scared to ask.

"Why does the herd only accept unicorns?"

His voice shook ever so slightly, but it could have been played off as an effect of the cold. His heart trembled, but it could have been played off as a shudder of exhaustion. He wanted to know. He needed to know. He feared the answer.

Up until then he had told himself it was a haven, that the herd had perhaps protected Unicorns once in a time of persecution. He could understand a banding together in a time of fear. But anything else...? He wasn't sure of a reasonable explanation that would sit well in his moral breast.

"I've met so many in this herd, each loyal to different religions and ways of thinking, but never has one of them explained the uniqueness of our population," Ashamin added quietly. Perhaps he sounded a bit desperate; he couldn't look Rikyn in the eyes. "I just thought you might know."

""

ASHAMIN
image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
shivering sparks scatter. - by Rikyn - 08-10-2015, 09:07 AM
RE: shivering sparks scatter. - by Ashamin - 08-12-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: shivering sparks scatter. - by Rikyn - 08-12-2015, 11:02 AM
RE: shivering sparks scatter. - by Ashamin - 08-13-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: shivering sparks scatter. - by Rikyn - 08-13-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: shivering sparks scatter. - by Ashamin - 08-15-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: shivering sparks scatter. - by Rikyn - 08-15-2015, 05:49 PM
RE: shivering sparks scatter. - by Ashamin - 08-16-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: shivering sparks scatter. - by Rikyn - 08-17-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: shivering sparks scatter. - by Ashamin - 08-19-2015, 10:35 AM