the Rift

[OPEN] Trees and Time

Demothi Posts: 14
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 5
Adoptable
Thin lines. Thin lines between love and hate. Thin lines between life and death. Thin lines between-- my thoughts are cut short

Does the ground offer such enthralling conversation? My neck arches along with my brow at such careless romping about. Her eyes stop me though. 

Thin lines on her face. Soft. Faint as the shy spring breeze; but there all the same. They tell of the stress of life. Lines of worry. Lines of sorrow. Lines of anger. And even lines of happiness. A face carries them all. But the look in this mare's eye, so void, makes me question what nature her lines were born from.

"Nearly plowed me down." A sly smile begins to sprawl crookedly on my features, "Going to have to make it up to me." The soft snow protests the heavy weight of my hooves as I approach the mare. "Tell me," I lower my head to whisper into her dainty ear, "What took the light from your eyes?" My eyes watch as my breath brushes against the fine hairs lining her ear. Once I know my question has settled with her I pull a step away. The eerie quiet of the steppe settles around our bodies. "Surely it is not also the doings of this weather?" My voice rumbles in the empty space between us. 

I survey the barren landscape in order to keep my eyes off of her. When was the last time that I had been so close to another? My eyes dull over with the lack of memories. My life is filled with holes never to be filled again. 

"Demothi." I clear my throat. I am not used to speaking so many words, although even now, what I speak is little. "Is my name." At least that is something I have never lost. I had to be introduced to my family and friends but I had not lost myself. My name is still my own. 

@Zandora

Messages In This Thread
Trees and Time - by Demothi - 08-10-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: Trees and Time - by Zandora - 08-11-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: Trees and Time - by Zandora - 08-20-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Trees and Time - by Demothi - 08-13-2015, 09:44 PM