the Rift

[OPEN] Black dress with the tights underneath

Entia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Entia
we could write a bad romance
No matter where he went, no matter how he travelled and who he saw, the once-king of Ilir in Liridon was always drawn here, drawn to the scent of the ocean. After his meeting, and his travels about Helovia to learn all the more he could, the broken horned creature was no longer looking hard but he had followed a trail, always wanting to see it - the ocean. The smell of the salt and water, to feel the sand beneath his hooves as they dug in deep in the soft, loose material, until he would reach the compacted wet, densely packed area. He yearned for the ocean; and after a long trek, venturing out of the wooded area and to the shoreline, he was rewarded with what he wanted.

Opening before him, as he stepped from the vegetation to the sand, was the wide open blue of the rolling water, where so much energy coursed and thrashed about, driven by powerful tides of gravity and wind. The black unicorn walked until he reached the edge of the waves, and walked out further still until he stood, almost knee deep as a wave crashed over his limbs. The feeling as cold but it sent a chilling sensation along his body, and Entia gave a deep sigh, relaxing entirely. Though this edge of the world was unfamiliar, the ocean never was.

He knew it all too well; the most vivid of his memories of it though were unpleasant. For a moment it flashes there, beneath a raging storm when his sire threw him and his brother from a cliff, all in the name of bringing peace to them both, to end their suffering of the madness of their family line - but Entia remembers the ocean rushing up to him, as he missed the jagged rocks and hit the water - but then, for such a terrible memory, there is the more overriding one; waking up, gentle sounds of the waves caressing his hide, on the shore of Liridon. Liridon, his Liridon, where he had risen from a petulant young colt into a king, leading his people through a time of fire and darkness. He remembers after the war, standing in the salted sea to let the open wounds bleed, to bring more pain to cover the loss of his son, and there had been Inwe, coming to him and she had comforted him.

Inwe, and his heart skips a beat still when he thinks of her. Now he misses her; and Namtar, and Lucian. Yet Entia was ever the explorer, and he would until he knew his death would come. Liridon would be where he could die, finally, despite how much he hated the place and hated those gods for condemning his homeland to death.

This all passes through his mind, as Entia cranes his head back in the gentle sunlight, the rays warming his hide while he stood there in the water - and he didn't care if he looked strange, the white but broken horned beast, with scar on both sides where he used to have wings long ago, scars from old wars and fights, and with mis-matched eyes that watched the water closely and were relaxed, content.

Entia gave a sigh, and closed his eyes, letting the moment consume him... and he was, for that moment, oblivious to the world.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

There’s something melancholy and healing about the sea. And only the crash of waves and caress of salty air allow those two words to describe it so aptly. Perhaps that is was draw the elephant past the dunes. Perhaps that is why he chose his herdlands to overlook the ocean. For the heart seeks the salt that he will not allow his eyes to leak.

Each heavy hoofbeat carries the silvered buckskin unicorn away from the deep sand and towards the hard-packed wetness. Muscles flex beneath the thick hide, willing to be used to fight the chill. Though it has considerably less cold as Frostfall was relinquishing its hold on the land. This did wonders for the great stallion’s spirits.

Blue eyes narrow on the black statue in the surf, halting his lumbering walk on the edge of the damp, firm sand. The other’s clearly proud face is upturned to the sun, his eyes closing out the world. His body his lax- absorbing the calm of the sea. A small, fleeting smile crosses the mammoth’s face- for he knew that feeling all too well. Just last season he had sought this peace, but instead had found Rexanna…

And now he was seeking peace once more. From Rexanna. Anger had flared in his gut, but his mind was past that fury now. The primal man within him wished to rage and beat and hurt- but he had walked that path before. He had brought a kingdom this its knees. And what did he have to show for it?

A dead son. A dead mate. A lonely escape across thousands of miles of land.

Heaviness weighed, pushing a sigh from his lips. He wasn’t sure that this stallion wanted company- he wasn’t sure that he, himself wanted company. But conversing was certainly more productive than wallowing in such thoughts.

Churning the wet sand, he moved his bulk slowly towards the stallion. A unicorn? He allowed himself to study the broken horn at length as he approached, since the other’s eyes were closed. It couldn’t be considered rude, then.

“There’s something calming about the sea, eh?” The deep, baritone voice rolls across the surf to the other stallion as he comes into speaking distance. He breaches the water, walking as deep as his hooves, though not quite as far as the black stud. “It’s a wonder I haven’t set up camp here,” a short chuckle escapes him, cut short by the sadness to his humor.

image credits
- table by Niki -

ooc| @Entia I hope you don't mind Temb joining him!

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
Entia
The voice broke through his reverie, though he had his ears back and he had heard hooves, so at least Entia was not startled out of his little moment in his own mind, and his mis-matched eyes turned, looking around as his neck curved, muscles taut across beneath his black hide, and he listened to the words. There was truth in those words, ringing strong with his own feeling, and Entia only gave a little chuckle at first in response, an odd little noise, as his head turned back to look out across the vast blue sea of rolling waves.

"Aye. I almost did do just that once, though I know I stood out in the water for a very long time before I was interrupted. It was the only way to stop myself from... doing something I'd regret," he said, speaking a little more than he normally would - and lacking the sarcastic tone, the hint of amusement that Entia was so inclined to do.

Yet he does twist his head a little again to look at his companion here, who had a tan hide with striking markings, and quite the impressive horn rising from his head. Entia had never actually known what that felt like; he had been broken horned from the moment he had the thing attached to his head. He did hear the way his laughter had trailed off, abruptly, but he didn't question it... he knew better, at most times anyway. Instead, he speaks again to him.

"I honestly wouldn't mind living here. My favourite place, the kingdom I called home in what feels a long time ago, had access to a beach. It was quite nice to come to escape the world," he says, speaking of Liridon and Ilir fondly - the places he had been in life since then had never been of equal to him.

After a moment of silence though, he cocked his head and looked to the other stallion, with his trademark grin upon his lips, "Name's Entia..."

ooc; @Tembovu Not at all! Glad you posted him, I like him :D

Thick ears twitch at the sound of the other stallion’s chuckle. Finally, another who embraced humor! It seemed the art of laughing was lost in Helovia- or at least among those he had encountered. A lopsided smile spreads across his face. As the black stud turns his eyes to him, he finds his own blue gaze trapped. He had not seen two-toned eyes before, and this man’s eyes were shockingly contrasted with the coat. The extra light reflecting from the sea helped enhance their colors as well. “The pleasure’s mine, Entia. I’m Tembovu. That’s an interesting set of eyes you’ve got there,” he realizes- too late- that his compliment is an awkward one. He shakes his had in amusement at himself, and takes a few steps further in the surf, allowing the sea to rinse away his brief surprise and a ungainly words.

He glances at Entia out of the corner of his eyes as he comes beside the stallion- who is tall in his own right, but the elephant is a giant beside most creatures. His glance is laced with curious concern at the brief overshare of the stallion. Though he does not pry, for he knew too well the allure of an easy end. He gave a soft sigh, “I, too, have been interrupted from a regretful choice- though I was not so lucky to have the sea. I had only had dusty cliffs in my old lands. So it, indeed, was a good interruption,” he chucked, his rich voice carrying over the sounds of the gulls above them.

He nodded in agreement Entia’s wish to live near this beach, “I wouldn’t mind living here, either. But I live close by. You see the cliffs northeast of us?” He motions to the faint outline in the far distance with his massive horn, “That’s the World’s Edge, my herdlands. You’ve a home here in Helovia?” He paused, before realizing that this was not the recruitment grounds. “Sorry, I’ve spent too much time in the Threshold lately. See an equine, must recruit them,” he gave a short bark of laughter at himself, “So tell me of your kingdom?” He invites the stallion. It is not a demand, but an open offer. Some enjoyed speaking of their old homes, while others wished to forget they existed.

image credits
- table by Niki -

ooc| Sorry this was all over the place. I try to limit myself to 3 posts a day, or else they can get a little wonky xD @Entia

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
Entia
So far of those whom he had met here in Helovia, they had not been as open to the way he spoke, they way he wielded his words without a care, although it really was no cause for concern for him. He had no real true desire to show them anything beyond who he really was, and if they didn't like the way he spoke or acted, too bad for them in the end. Entia could be serious, but he wasn't truly at all. Even in turn, he was rarely perturbed by those around him and the words they spoke. So when Tembovu spoke of his eyes, all Entia did was give him quite the grin, revealing more of his teeth but an in endearing, maniacally amused manner,

"Aw, shucks mate," he says, feigning bashful, but then adds on, "Well, your horn is something to be envied I must say." Entia was only returning the compliment really, but he still did so with his grin and amusement shining in his eyes.

He had stood beside so many who stood taller than him in the past, that Entia didn't really notice the height that the other had on him until they stood by each other, and even then he didn't really feel bothered by it. Instead, he gives a sigh, and looks back out over the ocean, listening to Tembovu. Yet at the mention of cliffs and them being there, Entia chuckles darkly. "I know about cliffs too... they aren't particularly forgiving," he says, his voice a little deeper.

However, it falls behind him, and he looks to the north east when Tembovu speaks, pointing it out to him. When he says that is the World's Edge, Entia gave a smile - but he stays silent while his companion in the blue speaks, asking him of his kingdom. He cocked his head and looked back to Tembovu, glad to have found someone he could simply speak to - it was refreshing, so far. Not to say those he had met hadn't been interesting but Entia had this issue of his lips flapping far too much, and it was something he knew a lot did not really appreciate.

"No worries - and anyway, the Edge is where I'll be going soon, to look and see about its potential as a new place to set up as a rocking new pad. In regards to the whole kingdom, I've been in several places but mine, where I was elected King for a short period as well, was a place called Ilir. It was a forest land, that opened into a clearing with cliffs and a path descending down the crystal waters below. It was part of a land called Liridon, that... well, one day when I know my death is coming, I'll go there and let it happen; one day!" He says, in quite long speech even for him, and he says evenly, taking breaths here and there when needed. He gives an apologetic grin too,

"Apologies for the speech; that happens to me... but if you don't mind me asking you, I wouldn't mind knowing a little about the Edge form another perspective?"

note; you're fine! and it was a good post :D I have a tendency to procrastinate myself, and everything piles up D: So trying not to let this happen now! :D @Tembovu

He laughed outright at the feinting bashfulness and compliment of his horn, the rich deep sound rolling over the surf. “Well thanks. It certainly is useful on the battlefield. Otherwise it’s a heavy ornament,” his eyes roll up to eye the massive black ivory spiral erupting from his forehead, bobbed it gently through the air as he spoke of it. He returned his deep blue gaze to Entia.

He listens to him speak- it’s refreshing to have another stallion simply talk to him. There was no pretense, no posturing, no underhanded deals. For once, Tembovu was not the only easy going, laid back personality in the situation. He found himself relaxing, cocking a hind hoof as he resettled his considerable weight in the waves.

“Ilir in Liridon? I haven’t heard of it. Though I did pass through many forests, some pleasant and some not, on my journey to Helovia,” he comments offhandedly. Indeed, some of the forests had been dark places, the memories of the beasts in them tainting his easy demeanor for a moment. But he allows the memories to pass, loosening once more. “Why return for death?” He found the question sliding from his thick lips before he could censor it. Oh well, he didn’t think Entia would mind his prying. Though he had only known the stallion for mere moments.

“I’ll keep an eye out for you in the Edge, then. I hope you’ll join us, we need some… easygoing stallions among us,” he pauses his deep, easy voice, “Not that I don’t enjoy the personalities that live there now,” he added as an afterthought. “I am a glazier- a crafter- of the herd. We are somewhat small now, and rebuilding. Though I enjoy having work to do,” he glances from the cliffs to the black stallion with striking eyes. “It keeps the mind and body employed. I’d rather be busy than bored,” he chuckled as the saying from his family in Dorobo slipped out.

“Is there anything else you specifically want to know?” He kept his eyes on the dark stud, glancing from his eyes to his horn to his face.

image credits
- table by Niki -

@Entia

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
Entia
When Tembovu does not speak of Liridon or Ilir, he isn't surprised. It was a world away, sheltered on a vast island protected from so many; all those who eventually wound up there, only came to be so because they washed up on the great shorelines - or were carried by the gods, as petty as they were. He remembers everything so clearly, especially the fire and the great darkness that had descended on Liridon, when his great-great grandsire had ascended from his hellhole - and all of this felt like so long ago now, such a very long time ago.

Yet there is a question in there, and Entia's gaze turns to Tembovu. Still glad for the company, and glad that there was the opening for such a conversation and perhaps some kind of kinship between him and another here, as he responds to the question at hand.

"Honestly? It's the one place that actually was my home. Still is, despite being on fire... its where I fell in love and where I learned what real grief was, and all those other little things that really make it a home. Though, I am subject to changing my mind; after all, who knows what this Helovia will show me... maybe it'll change my mind," he says, and speaking of death was nothing trivial to him. Entia knew everything died eventually; it didn't bother him at all to think of it.

Better to be dead than succumb to the madness that preyed upon his family bloodline.

He then grins.

"A... glazier. Not heard a term like that applied to a kingdom follower before, but hey, it's all apart of the learning. Crafting can be interesting though... and I actually do agree with you there. It is better to be busy, boredom can become quite problematic after all," he says, his gaze still locked with Tembovu's own.

Then however, that moment is gone and Entia is satiated in that end. Another thought appears, a question he wanted to ask, that had popped into his head when he had felt the tension between Mauja and Caleb. So he says, "Do you know anything of the Aurora Basin?"

It is all out of curiosity. Caleb had been there, inviting him to his own kingdom, but Entia had opted to follow Mauja for the time being. Yet he was curious, and primarily about why there had been such sudden electricity in the air between those who had stood before him, each with their own invitations...

Let it never be said that Entia wasn't  too curious for his own good though.

( @Tembovu )

Tembovu studies the broken horned stag carefully as he answered his questions and spoke of his home. It was so similar to his own past, it was somewhat disconcerting. Though he, himself, would never be returning to Dorobo. The thought was so final, so resolute in his mind, that it caught him by surprise. He hadn’t truly wished to return to the sea of sand, but the idea of never returning was a strange one.

He shakes his head slightly, breaking his stare at the other, “It’s… interesting how you describe your past home. It is so much like my own past in my Dorobo, only I,” his deep voice stops in a pregnant pause, “…I have no wish to return to there.” He ends quietly, surprised by how solemn and serious he has grown. Especially in the company of a stallion who finally was willing to engage in humor!

So he returns the grin of the other, “The words for each job in the different herds are… unique. But I’ve gathered they all have the same underlying structure.” His explanation was simple and to the point, much like the elephant.

He grins wider as Entia agrees and repeats his saying from Dorobo. Though the smiles fades somewhat as he asks of the Basin. “The Basin?” He, indeed, knew of the Basin. And Basiners. For better or for worse. “I hesitate to speak poorly of a place where I’ve not visited. Though it has been described to me as a beautiful winter land by a… a lovely lady who resides there,” his deep voice carries a myriad of emotions now, though he ignores them for the moment. “I, for one, do not enjoy cold. Not in the slightest.” He snorts his obvious dislike of the chill.

“However, I can tell you that it seems those who reside there are of an interesting character. They are intelligent, though perhaps in a more cunning or conniving way. They were a strictly unicorn herd when I arrived here, though I briefly met their Lord in the Threshold, who-“ he paused, for Lord Thranduil had left a sour taste in his mouth, “who quickly corrected me, in with his self assurance, that that is no longer the case.” He shook his head, surprised by himself, “Though here I am gossiping like a filly! Have you an impression of the Basin? Or Basiners?”
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Entia

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
Entia
Still glad for the company, in the form of the very tall horned fellow standing with him, Entia was still looking towards the Edge and the world laying out before him. And even when he spoke of his home, the black creature heard the way his voice shifted when he said he'd never return and he wondered for a moment, wondering if there was some shared feelings of places like that. Entia recalls Broken Wings, the Ravens Cliff, and the storm that raged when his sire picked him up by the throat and threw him over the edge - and then that memory was pushed back, pushed away. He had no desire to think of it.

"You have yourself a good home here though, it seems..." he does add on, and trails off... not much more to add into that really.

He took the words about the herds easily and their title names; each was different, each to their own it seemed. Yet when he heard the way Tembovu spoke of the Basin, and he sees the smile fade, he wonders what he had just put his foot into.

"Ah. Cold. No I'm not a fan of snow myself; I lived on a mountain for a period of time in my life. Never again; cold and myself do not get along. The hot springs were the saving grace there," he says simply, shaking his head at the thought of the cold. "Aye. I met one, Caleb, who came to invite me there in the Threshold. He was an interesting fellow... not sure what he made of me but I know I'm not one for making the best impression," he says, giving an odd little bit of laughter - somewhat darker than it had been.

"I haven't... gossiped.... quite like this for a long time. I will tell you, though, the one time in Liridon when I was younger, my best friend and I were sent to a place and well, it was full of women and it was a bit of a gossip fest - but my bro and I, we rocked the colour pink when one of them decided to dye us," he says with a wink, and laughing to himself, proper with his grin there. "Sorry, might be an overshare for you; the point is I talk a lot, and gossiping can have some... amusing consequences." He finishes, and then adds,

"Sometimes, anyway."

[note] @Tembovu - sorry for the delay D: anxiety + university + commissions ate my soul D: i'll try not to let it happen again <3333 sorry! D:

He nods in affirmation, “Indeed, a home,” his deep voice rumbles. There is obvious comfort and contentment beneath his words. For he had travelled so far to find a home. He wanted to build instead of destroy, and it seemed that that, indeed, is what he was doing.

He chuckled as the other spoke of mountains and cold, heartily agreeing with Entia’s words. The warmth and good humor finally returning to his face and mood. Though it quickly flees— “Caleb?” The question is sharp, as is the obvious animosity that steals across his broad features. His ears tilt back, further amplifying his clear feelings towards the hybrid colt, “‘Interesting’ is one way to describe him.” He snorts derisively, “I would not concern yourself with making a good impression with him.”

He half-heartedly joins in with his laughter— at least it was dark humor that was easier to join, given his sudden, dark mood. He shakes himself, wishing to leave the thoughts of Caleb forcing his Rexanna into unthinkable arrangements. The beach was a place of peace. Of healing.

So he forces his mind to what Entia is now saying. His ears flick forward in surprise, “Pink, you say?” An amused, disbelieving snort escapes him. “And full of women? I hope there was a happy ending for at least one of you— especially after being dyed,” he laughed richly then, determined to steer his conversation towards more jovial waters. “And not at all. It is not often that I run across a man who is so easy to laugh and talk with. Overshare all you’d like, my good man,” he good-naturedly bumps the black stallion’s shoulder.
image credits
- table by Niki -

SO sorry for my delayed response, too!

Please tag Tembovu.