the Rift

[OPEN] Love Thy Neighbor

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

I can't believe my eyes when I see her standing at the water's edge.
I've taken to the skies to get a closer look from above, and frankly, to get to the water hole faster, but whatever. It doesn't matter.

I just want to see who this woman is. This woman who looks a lot like my mother. This woman who seems to have taken my mother's looks and slathered it onto a different body. When I come closer, I can see her drinking a little and then stopping. She seems careful in her actions, and the slinking walk is something I take note with.

I'll land only a few feet from her so she has no reason not to speak to me. Yeah. That's what I'll do.
And so, I do it, landing only a few yards from her. I wonder if she's afraid at how fast I'd spiraled down. Maybe she knew I was there. Maybe she knows who I am...
But up close, she looks less like my mother than I'd hoped. She-

She isn't my mother. Let's just get that out of the way.

I step towards her, but there's this thing about my body that's changed I feel a little bit more confident than I had before. Wayne's perched in a nearby tree, whistling out a short tune as she watches me. I can feel her interest through the bond. It stuck out in my mind like a sore thumb. But...not in a bad way. The sore thumb was more like a bookmark.

"Hello?" I say, and then realize that I'd said it like a question. NOW I sound like and idiot. "Hello." I say like I'm confirming something. Now I'm about a yard from her, because I've been advancing this whole time.

Now I stop and wait for her response. Maybe she doesn't think we look alike at all. Maybe she thinks I'm weird. Oh Gods, I don't exactly want her to think I'm weird! Alarms buzz in my brain and I close my eyes and let in a breath.
Calm I focus on that word and it's meaning.
It means to stay orderly and smooth.
Be smooth. "I'm Spice." I blurt.

Totally not smooth.

"Talk talk talk."

OOC;; ooc notes here
TAG;; tags here @[----]
Image Credits
- table by Niki -
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Messages In This Thread
Love Thy Neighbor - by Nasreen - 08-11-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: Love Thy Neighbor - by Spice - 08-13-2015, 05:51 PM