the Rift

Looking For Shared History!

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
I am currently designing my newest boy, Thantos. Some of you may remember the first design for him I had a while back, but with this new plot I am giving him an upgrade! He is a pegasus x dragon hybrid, with a blood bay base coat that is fluffy, and black scales/horns/hair. His scales and horns will glow with a warm, moving ember-like glow. His hind legs will be dragon talons, front legs are normal horse hooves.

I want this guy to have a sense of purpose that may have been lost when the Rift drama went down, and what better way than for him to know someone else from there and eventually be reunited with them? There can be more than one charrie he knows too!

His personality is going to be honest, usually blunt and to the point. He's got a good heart despite his intimidating appearance, and he has the potential to be a leader but would rather stand guard instead. He is very respectful of authority, but has a strong will when it comes to his moral compass. If he believes someone is wrong, even if they are above him in rank and power, he will absolutely stand up to them. Only then will he refuse an order.

I can see him as someone's guard or a general or something, because he has a desire to protect others. He's got some scars, chips on his horns, minor tears in his wings...So he is no stranger to combat and hardships, so someone could have turned on him, his home could have been destroyed, he lost an important battle and was shunned...Any number of possibilities! I'm open to all ideas!

-----------------------

UPDATE:

Thantos was Captain of the Guards of sorts for Urd, aka "Hell". But, due to his strong moral compass - Thantos never much liked the idea of slaves, helping 'gifts' that were offered to him as reward (mares, personal slaves, etc) escape from the potential cruelty that awaited them if he simply turned them away. Once, he had been asked to punish a slave that he knew did nothing wrong, crossing his personal line of what was acceptable and he began to realize how much he disagreed with his rulers. Trying to free the people from the tyranny, Thantos helped formulate a plan of action with a group that wished to overthrow the rulers. But the plan spiraled out of control more than he ever could have predicted, the rogues turning on his trust and unleashing upon everyone. Doing his best to protect the lives of the innocents, Thantos managed to help some of the others escape - though he doesn't even know if they are still alive to this day. He blames himself for the plight of everyone that he was only trying to help free.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Updated his history, but I can still update for friends, ex-lovers, someone he helped rescue, slaves he helped escape, battle buddies, enemies, etc!

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Just throwing this in here for future reference so I don't forget: Valhalla, <3
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Oh! It would be neat to have him connected to my girl somehow. See this thread.

Maybe since she wants to be a little fighter she could have had a case of hero worship for him. She could try to convince him to teach her fighting moves XD He could indulge her or laugh her off or whatever but once she eventually gets her magic to go full sized she could hunt him down and ask for legit lessons. 

She also could have helped him stay in touch with any of those that he helped reach freedom by flying around passing on messages.

LOL - Oh that is the funniest image I just got, the itty bitty bug pony practicing fighting moves on his nose! He'd love that, but he wouldn't take it seriously. I can definitely see her helping him with those he helped escape! She could be his little messenger, since it'd be hard for him to just wander off unnoticed. They could be unlikely friends that kind've pester each other sometimes too, like if he laughs at her moves she bites him or if she gets too big of an attitude he swats at her with his tail lol.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
XD I figured, which makes it all the more fun. She will be serious as can be and about as impressive as a flea. Then I like the messenger idea a lot! It makes sense with him not being able to just wander off.

I love this (:
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Gashad Posts: 6
Deceased atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 21hh :: 30+ HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Gashad used to be a soldier way back when, perhaps they could have a connection somehow? Allies, enemies, son of an ally or enemy or something, idk. Gash is probably a whole bunch older than your char, (30+ undead lol) but as he turned gross and went back home anyway there might be stories about him, or nasty rumors (since he killed his entire family) - or maybe they just clashed at some point after he'd attacked others somewhere within Thantos' jurisdiction?

Thantos will be about 7-8 years old, so yeah Gashad will be considerably older. I can definitely see them having clashed at some point though, where Thantos came to defend whoever Gashad was attacking. :)

Ragnarok Posts: 5
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hands :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
*shoves Ragnarok at* Your boy could have tired to stop him from killing and or stealing a couple of times maube he knows @Zelda as well since they are partners in crime lol

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
I have Adonné she was a very sick filly and he could have known her father who died and he could have known her as a sick filly thinking she died. Because she was royality and her fathers only child he could have gotten upset loosing all ties to them , and then he finds her alive looking a bit different because she had no black markings as a filly but he realizes it's her when she says her name and we can take it from there, but I will say she is manipulative ... Her name means addiction ;) I think that would be super cool!

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

@Ragnarok, Thantos definitely could have come to someone's aid from a killing or theft from him and Zelda!

@Mortuus Knox -- Oooh, she sounds very interesting! Perhaps (and we probably need to ask Nev about it) the Valley she was from was the land above his underground land, and Thantos acted as a peacekeeper for his royals and her father? In doing this, he could have been her father's friend as well. He probably wouldn't recognize her at all until he heard her name, so long as her father spoke about her or something. Maybe when he finds out that she's "died" (did her father die too at some point?) he is no longer needed to go up to the Valley and so he stops making his routine visits. @Voodoo - What do you think about this?

Zelda Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
OMG YESSSS! They can be a trio going around stealing and killing!!!

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
That works!! Yes he died like a few days before she did :) but that is a great idea and it works out due to her only being 3 . I'm pretty excited :)

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
I'm fine with whatever! From my end, I'm just going to keep Val pretty distant from any ties because all she's ever known has been Urd (the underground system that she was born in) and she thinks the whole world is like this, so once she makes it to Helovia she's going to be pretty shell shocked.

Poor girl hasn't ever seen the sun or smelled fresh air. ;-;
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!