the Rift

[PRIVATE] if youre still breathing

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
With nothing more than a few deep breaths, I felt the snow begin to slowly cover me with its blanket of ice. The feeling was almost too surreal. It seemed as though I couldn’t even feel the bitter chill of the snow. I was just numb, and had been in recent memory. I couldn’t help but remember my history more and more. Being the rejection, the accident, the pawn in a sick little game of war. The struggle of it all was just bearing down on me after I had spent so long trying to forget who I truly was that it seemed to almost creep up on me in the worst of circumstances. My head hurt, my heart hurt, and I couldn’t help but almost feel blind when it came to the creature trekking up to me.

Teal orbs that used to be full of life and deceit were now hollow. A blank stare off in the distance as a darkened creature approached me. It was difficult to make out at the time seeing as the snowfall blanketed out the more iconic features. My heart pumping slowly for how surprisingly cold I was. The snow that should have been slightly beginning to melt as it fell along my backside just seemed to pile and almost begin to cover me whole. Yet despite it all, my eyes stayed glued to the figure in the distance, not particularly caring so long as it wasn’t who I was so upset about.

And of course, it just happened to be the one stag I really would have rather not seen. The beast known as Caleb was approaching me, his darkened figure beginning to swallow up the ivory ground beneath him. His wings and horns icons to my memory and the idea of how I had caused so much pain between the both of us.

He stepped closer within ear shot and the moment his vocals broke the silence of the snowfall, I twitched lightly. A sharp shiver like I wasn’t expecting anything. Blinking a few times to him after he spoke some words in a strange language, I shook my head back and forth lightly trying to bury my face into the ground further, yet my golden horn marked the spot like a tombstone.  ”Don’t.” My exhausted voice broke from the snow. It felt as though I hadn’t spoken in months and the last person I wanted to talk to was the one trying his best to speak to me.

I wondered if I had hurt him nearly as much as I hurt myself. And in that moment I wished it was only me to wallow in my own pain.

you're the lucky ones.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Caleb
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
if youre still breathing - by Rexanna - 08-12-2015, 11:38 AM
RE: if youre still breathing - by Caleb - 08-13-2015, 03:26 AM
RE: if youre still breathing - by Rexanna - 08-13-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: if youre still breathing - by Caleb - 08-24-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: if youre still breathing - by Rexanna - 08-25-2015, 01:52 AM