the Rift

[OPEN] Golden Throne

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

A chill raced up my spine, following every single nerve all the way to their delicate endings where it would then hop over to the next and then the next until the chill had raced all over my blood red frame. The cold was something I held onto tightly, like a child to it's mother, one thing that our home always seemed to carry and no matter where Edison and I found ourselves if it was cold, it was home. Since I became a murderer I hadn't been able to make my way back to the Basin, even with the assistance of the kite's eyes I was near worthless. I had taken the life of another creature and for that I could never forgive myself.
A cluck of worry broke through the cold and silence as silver eyes drifted to where I knew the red bird was perched. I knew he wanted me to go home, back to my family and back to the safety of a herd. But how could I go back to my mother and my father knowing that I had taken a child away from another mother and father? How could I go back there without Sacre by my side? Was he happier where things were warmer and away from our family? Dark tipped harks flicked back into the tangled strands that hung along my spinal cord before snorting in the birds direction and stepping out of the cave that had been our shelter till today.
Today, I would finally give into the bird's demands and make the start to go home. There were plenty of murderers that thrived under the watchful gaze of the Basin, who was to say I would be any different? Although I prayed the fact that there was another's blood spilled at my own hand would remain a secret between Jiji, Sacre, and myself until the time was right. Excitement raced through the mental bond of the kite and myself as he took off into the air, thrilled to finally be going home and getting out of the dark cave for good. The sun was tucked away from the sky, leaving me with nothing but a blanket of white and a sky of black to lead me home maybe by the time I got there I would be able to breathe past this lump in my throat.

"Speak!"
"Mindspeak"
"Edison speak"
Tag;; whoever!
Words;; 396
Notes;; merp. I promise it will get better as it goes! First post ever with him.
image credit
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
Spice

I'm flying because it's not snowing and I want to be cold. I want to be cold because what I feel inside is so warm. I'm at a slow glide maybe one hundred feet off the ground, Wayne fluttering beside me. I glance awkwardly over at her and smile. I've been trying to communicate more like this with her, since she's still a little one. And there's a sense of recognition sparking through our bond. I can feel it.

I smile wider and scan the snowy ground for anything. Well, more like anyone. I want a little company that's actually a talking equine. I would feel nice just to talk to someone new. Because in Helovia, I felt I could find someone new very quickly. Many, many that I've met here in this new land have been just wandering about, it seemed.
Befriending a majority of them was why I came to this land in the first place.

To find others, to acquaint myself and to befriend other equines.
To not be alone anymore.

So when I spot him I falter as I glide. For someone who seemed so alone, he was very handsome. Horn and all, I'd already taken a liking to him. Not in a I-like-you-so-get-over-here-right-now (weird) way, just the regular you-seem-interesting-hi! Way.

That's normal.

So, I pointed my wings down, and that was where they took me, the air gliding over them easily. Landing in the snow was cool and welcome. I liked the cold, but not when it was snowing and windy. That just wouldn't do. Now it was quiet and still. This was perfect.

"Hello!" My voice breaks the silence of the world as I feel my darling Wayne perch in my forelock, settling in. I've landed ahead of him, so he should see me.
A short, dappled pegasi framed in white with a bird in her forelock. Intesting sight...

"talk talk talk"

Coding by Tamme

@Roux
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

A sharp trill broke through the sound of my hooves tearing through the thick snow as the red bird warned me of some kind of oncoming company, ebony tipped harks flicked back and then forth again in hopes of  figuring out where the other was coming from before images of a flying creature was slammed through the mental bond. Disgust wound it's way through my nervous system as I continued tredging forwards, I wasn't quite as horribly racist as most of Helovia believed the Basiners to be, but that didn't mean I wanted to spend my time conversing with bird brained equines. "Ass." Edison's word interrupted my thoughts and a chuckle spilled forwards into the cold air, so maybe all of the bird brains weren't bad. But something about the pegasus varity rubbed me the wrong way unless they were painted in black and bronze.
"It's landing." Before I had a chance to turn and race back into the safety of my dark cave where nobody would ever know that I had been the reason for the pale child's death in those caves, the feathered creature had landed in front of me. She stood much, much shorter than myself, thicker and a color that was just dark enough I could make out her form from the brightness of the snow we stood on. Steam billows from charcoal stained nares as silver pools shifted across the mare's feathered frame while a simple greeting fell from her lips, ruining the once silence I had been travelling in. "Hello!" The girlish noise fills my eardrums, rattling them against the canals while my gaze shifts back to her face only to find a strange bird had settled itself between her ears. The kite glided down from his lookout point in the starry sky to settle easily on my withers where he twisted enough to look over at our new found company. Although I knew his eyes would have become my own had the sun been out, I was thankful to have ran into these strangers in the dead of night when I could see on my own.
"Hello." Conversation had never been my strong suit, my darker twin always had been much more of a conversationalist than I ever would be. But maybe I could pretend tonight in hopes that maybe this moon colored creature wouldn't find me totally insane. Clearing the lump in my throat temporarily, my ivory horned skull bobbed up and down in a greeting as a tentative smile tugged at the corners of dark stained kissers before underused vocal chords sprang to life. "I am Roux, and this is Edison." There, I had done my part and introduced my better half and I to the feathered mare. Mother would have been proud of me had she been standing here.

"Speak!"
"Mindspeak"
"Edison speak"
Tag;;  @Spice
Words;; 471
Notes;; Woot, a little bit better than that first one. Thank you for the quick reply <3
image credit
Now waking to the sun
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
Spice

The man is tall from where I stand before him, taller than me with that horn as well. I don't very much like it, but hey! It's someone new, right? A light smile is on my lips as he says his hello's.

A bird to which I don't know the type settles on his withers. All I know that it is larger than Wayne, and a bird of prey. "It's okay," I whisper through the bond. "It won't hurt you." My tone is light and soft to get through to her more easily. There's a rustle in my forelock. I take it she's trying to settle in.

"I am Roux, and this is Edison." His introduction is bland, boring. I wonder if he doesn't like me. Someone of such tallness, and such cuteness couldn't be that bland. "I'm Spice." I say, and then with a flick of my ears to appoint his attention up there, I say "and this is Wayne."

I decide to bring up a small conversation now, I can't just keep on going without saying at least something about it. It would be rude of me.
Clearing my throat, I speak once more. "Are you okay, sir? Have I disturbed your silence? Because it was very nice down here when I'd landed..." You seemed so lost in your own world. It was nice to see someone like that. I want to say, but it would probably be creepy.

-"Odd."-

She speaks one of her rare words. My feathered sidekick. I smile internally, inside, my eyes brightening and congratulating and...
Outside I'm just like him. Straight-faced. Only the remains of a smile on my face as I await his answer.

"Congratulations Wayne! You just SPOKE!" I announce to her to fill in the silence taking over my brain bit-by-bit. -"Yes, Spice."- She flutters around up in my forelock once more and I smile outwardly now. 

"talk talk talk"
ooc No problem!
Coding by Tamme
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

It seemed like my lack of conversational skills didn't affect the small bird and her companion at all. Without skipping a beat, the grey spoke up, her girlish tones filling the air and my ear canals as she introduced herself and the strange little bird resting between her forward pricked harks. "I am Spice, and this is Wayne." The left corner of my sooty kissers turned up into a half smile while silver pools shifted up to the odd colored bird, Wayne, if the moon had been shedding just a little more light Edison would have been able to show me the colors staining the creature's feathers. But right now, he was nearly as blind as I am. Dark tipped harks flicked forward with the downward motion of my red skull once again. "Pleasure to meet you both." In reality I didn't know if meeting this Spice was a pleasure or not, as of right now she was just succeeding in holding up my travelling home. I knew there was no going back to my cave now, Edison would rather pick me apart than be trapped in the darkness once again. "You right." The kite's smugness rolled through the bond like a tidal wave, only to be distracted by more words coming from our road block.

"Are you okay sir? Have I disturbed your silence? Because it was very nice down here when I'd landed..." The weight on my withers shifted once again as the kite shifted to peer around me once more at the tiny bird and the obstacle. He then began to go on and on about the little ball of feathers, but the words fell upon a deaf bond since my focus had already been shifted back to the conversation at hand. Apparently my obvious discomfort with speaking to another of my own species was a bit more clear than I had originally expected. Ankle length ebonite strands smacked against my hips and weight shifted back into what I hoped would look like a much more relaxed position so maybe the grey bird would be able to rest easy knowing that she hadn't bugged me too terribly. 

Even though I would have loved to be on my way back to the Basin, I wasn't about to be rude. She was small, young, kind, all things that I wasn't ready to ruin by simply turning and walking past her feathered frame and continuing on my way. For all I knew, she would wind up being useful in someway. "I am fine, and you haven't disturbed me. I am merely on my way back to my home, what is a bird like you doing up here? Won't your wings freeze?" The question was a simple mix of politeness as well as curiosity, the red kite had issues flying in the cold sometimes, preferring to hang onto my back than risk the crystals of ice forming between his feathers and causing discomfort. I couldn't imagine that the grey, nor it's tiny bond mate would enjoy the feeling either.

"Speak!"
"Mindspeak"
"Edison speak"
Tag;;  @Spice
Words;; 510
Notes;; Sorry I was a bit slow on this one. But, at least the length is getting better :3
image credit
Now waking to the sun
</style>
pixel by nikkayla