Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

Luck was on Mesec’s side, though really - it was less luck and more cowardice. Lucius had been his companion for most of Frostfall but still he had avoided Ampere steadfastly, worried about her reaction to their new bond. He had always been on her side, even if he had not completely agreed with everything. When he watched Ros bond with Chico, when he was nothing more than a tiny green worm-thing, he had not felt sick to the stomach or overwhelmed with how wrong it all seemed. That they had formed a bond seemed only right, it made him happy to know that his little sister wasn’t completely alone now. And, in her own way, he knew that was what his mother had intended for him with the giving of this task, this gift, that was his companion.

Such thoughts commanded Mesec’s attention whenever they returned to the Throat and Lucius was getting tired of it. The zephyr was almost completely grown - moving through the young awkward stages with speed and grace. Now, the young companion was the size of a bald eagle, with four massive wings that cut through the air with more grace than Mesec would have thought. On his back gleamed a silver mirror image of the crescent moon that was already starting to shine brighter as the sun slipped closer towards the western horizon.

Despite how mature he looked - when Lucius wanted to chide Mesec he had to do so wordlessly as he had not yet learned how to speak. He was more than capable of shooting his bonded dirty look as they flew alongside one another, coasting above the ocean off the southern coast of the Throat. That look served to remind the demigod that it was ridiculous to think that they could avoid the blue and black mare forever. He was going to have to spend more time in the Throat eventually seeing as how he wanted this to be his home, more than just these flybys to see if he spotted any of his friends. And perhaps, Mesec argued with himself, by delaying the inevitable he was only making it worse.

But the thought of Ampere upset over something that he did was enough to cause him to veer back from the coast before landing. They would fly for just a little longer, enjoy the cool air over the ocean and the clear evening sky, and keep an eye out before going in. Exasperated, Lucius released a crisp clear cry before looping so that he was flying above Mesec, in a symbolic, if useless, show of distancing himself from his bonded and his worries.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

for @Ampere :)
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Are you ready for
The perfect storm

The season had blown by cold and fierce, which was not abnormal for Helovia, though the warning sent int he flames still suggested trouble - whatever the trouble was it wasn't the weather then. In fact, all of Helovia seemed to have hunkered down for the season. The gods were quiet, the herd had set itself into the work and the task of survival, and with time Ampere forgot the warnings and the troubles beyond the sands where she rarely ventured, not fond of the pale wonderland. She even managed to avoid Gaucho, and with the absences, she found a certain calmness.

It didn't seem real though. It seemed like she was just stuck, waiting, like a darkening horizon where no clouds gathered yet.

They still hadn't.

So Ampere flew on, at ease and taking her patrol in easy stride, yawning even with dullness rather than weariness. Still, her eyes were sharp, and movement near the sea drew her eye as anything near the herd's edges did. She circled down, landing not far once she recognized the shape as a herdmate. More than that though, it was Mesec.

"Hey!" she called out as she trotted up, wings flaring slightly as she was still laying them on her sides. "Long time no see," she teased with a smile, reaching out to nudge his shoulder good naturedly. She had seen the bird circling up above him, but that it was bonded to him had never even crossed her mind. Because Mesec, he wouldn't.

He couldn't.

[I wasn't sure if Lucius was really high up or right above him D: so I went with high]

A M P E R E
HALO OF COLD HAIR & _LIGHTNING

schwartz.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Fight the darkness,
It is simply your past.

Mesec did not know what the chances were that the first of his herd mates to find him was Ampere, or that she would do it so quickly, but it almost went so smoothly it was as though someone had warned her. Gaucho had seen Lucius when he was still a fledgling, though he did not see the Sultan gossiping about such things. With two companions of his own, he did not doubt that Gaucho had felt Ampere’s wrath at one point or another.

There was no wrath in her voice yet so she could not know just yet. "Ampere!" He did his very best to not look too guilty when he returned the greeting, though she had surprised him. And then he was keeping his eyes on her so that they would not shoot up to see how far away Lucius was. Far enough, for now. The zephyr had grown quickly, and as the light began to fade with the setting sun his markings would glow all the more. With a nearly full-grown companion at his side, it was going to look as though Mesec had been hiding this secret for quite some time… which he had, kind of. Perhaps it would have been easier to break when Lucius was nothing more than an angry puff of black down.

But those worries were pushed to the back of his mind, they weren’t going to help him anymore. And his smile was genuine when he moved forward to touch her shoulder gently in turn - he could not deny the wash of happiness that usually came with her presence, her teasing voice. “Too long.”

Don't come down yet, Lucius he pleaded with the zephyr who had circled a little lower, piercing eyes examining this new creature. "How have you been?" He asked, lamely, unable to think of anything else to say aside from the truth: 'Oh yeah I haven't been around too much because my mom gave me a companion and I'm pretty sure you're going to kill me when you find out'. He was sure those words (or a version of them) would slip out eventually as he was uncomfortable with the idea of lying to her, instead he found some other words to say. "Still outracing the storm?" There was a grin, though even as he said it, he worried that the storm was closer than she expected.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

Are you ready for
The perfect storm

As always she felt lightened around Mesec. His presence seemed to soothe her soul, grounding her wayward, sporadic lightning trails into solid beams of light cutting through the dark; he made her into something akin to the stars which could guide your way. She sighed inaudibly as his voice hummed against her ears, relieving tension she hadn't even noticed. How had she let him hide for this long?

In that moment, whether she even realized it or not yet, she decided Mesec was someone she couldn't lose. She hadn't know then, so long ago, just how fateful her meeting him on the beach had been. The moment proved pivotal, in the same way Gaucho bathing in the oasis with her became. There was no denying the sway of emotions she felt for the dark knight beside her, nor for the Wildfire. Yet, there was a clear difference in how they affected her.

His touch rippled across her like wintergreen, tantalizingly cool, yet numbingly warm too. Her hide shuddered in response, invigorated by it. "Always," she breathed with a laugh, their joke as present as ever. "I've yet to manage it, but not for trying." She didn't want to talk about weather today though. She didn't want the storm clouds to gather and the rain to fall, because it blocked out the stars and it hid the moon. If that happened, how could she avoid the fire?

"Mesec..." she began softly, after the jest and the smiles fell away into thoughts and desires that jumbled together. She had never done this before. Whatever she'd had before, she'd never had to think about it or tip toe around it. The feelings came and she acted, and the other responded, hot and sudden the way fires flared up. This was something gentle though, something more precious which took time and patience to cultivate, and she was afraid to lose it the way you lost a good dream when you woke up. She didn't know how to love darkness.

"I-" she stammered, then faltered. Her feathers flared in response as she felt a flush run through her. Shaking her head, Ampere glanced away. "I was thinking the Whatch could use a statue." Not what she wanted to say. She diverted away from the uncomfortable of the unknown, grabbing for anything she could relate to him, and the Whatch was the first thing aside from weather. "Some place horses can meet us easier, to ask for help. Do you know of any stone crafters?"

She didn't know what she was trying to tell him. That she wanted him to what, stay with her? What did that even mean? How could she ask something of him she didn't understand? He was in the herd, it wasn't as if she didn't see him; maybe the winter absence just made it seem worse, made him seem gone. That was it...

[idk]

A M P E R E
HALO OF COLD HAIR & _LIGHTNING

schwartz.deviantart.com

Fight the darkness,
It is simply your past.

The familiar joke brought forth a laugh from her, the sound warm on him as her touch had been on his skin. “If anyone can outrun it, you can.” His words are sure, even with the grin that he still wore. He had faith in her, if the storm did come, if she couldn’t outrun it she would weather it and come out all the stronger. 

But his grin faltered with hers, his eyes intent on her as she spoke his name so softly - wondering what was coming next. And then, in the next moment, she seemed to change her mind on whatever it was. He felt unnerved by the contrast between how she had said his name and what the sentences were that followed it. Had something else been on the tip of her tongue. A dark foreleg moved as he went to take a step towards her during that pause, instinctively wanting to touch his muzzle to her - encouraging the words, but when she looked away and spoke of the WHATCH he placed his hoof back on the sandy ground. Statues. Was that really want she wanted to discuss with him? He watched her carefully for a moment, concern and curiosity radiating from his calm silver eyes, before picking up a small smile and responding. “My cousin, the new Earth child, might be able to help us out with that. She’s rather good at shaping earth and stone.” The small smile grew as he thought about Little Earth, who was going to be towering over him in the same manner as her father soon - if she wasn’t already.  He wasn’t entirely sure whether her magic would be exactly what Ampere was looking for, but she could definitely be a start.

Before he could explain any further, however, he became very aware of movement in the air above. 

Alerted by his bonded’s flush of emotions, the circling shape ahead started to descend faster - wondering why Mesec had gone from feeling unnerved to suddenly happy. What was going on in that little conversation? Sharp eyes could watch the pair but Lucius began to feel as though his presence, magnificent as it was, might be needed to help keep this mare from further disturbing his bonded. Lucius Mesec warned in a hiss through their connection, but this time it had no effect. Curious, he needed to inspect this mare that had such a strange effect. He could feel the tug of emotions, the ones that ran deep within Mesec - even knew the name of the one that caused twists and pangs. But if the demigod felt that way about this mare then why could Lucius not come meet her?

It was going to have to happen sooner or later, but he had been greatly hoping for later. He would rather face the monsters that the dragon had accidentally unleashed, rather face his mother or one of her brothers in combat than face what was about to happen. “Ampere…” But where when she had spoken his name, it had been soft, there was nothing but pain ripping through his voice when he said hers. “I need to tell you something.”

A flap of wings overhead as Lucius slowed his descent, the almost-grown zephyr with his silver markings shining in the thickening darkness, matching perfectly those of his bonded that already began to glow. “I’m so sorry.” But those three words, they were soft. Soft as the wind in the still night, punctuating the action of Lucius landing gracefully on a black-feathered wing. And though he wanted to look away, to not see what was coming, he would not further be a coward. There was that stupid hope that maybe, maybe Ampere would not be as angry as he feared but when did the lightning mare ever not put her entire soul into something? Her stance on companions was more than just an opinion that bothered her sometimes,  he knew there was real passion there. 

The storm was here and he could not change that now.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

okay so I'm obssessed with this song and listened to it on repeat while writing this WHOOPS

A M P E R E

It was right there on the tip of her tongue. That thought, those words, a committment.
"Mesec, stay with me. Touch me. Hold me. Keep me. Love me..."

They drifted away on her next breath, and then with his they they were lost to the ocean breeze for good. Somewhere inside of her their echo remained, sinking down deep inside her heart, nestled somewhere in the roots of her being where she hid her weaknesses and her truths. The absence of it hurt, the way something raw and abrupt does, like a skinned knee. She felt like she had fallen, and in the process shore off little outside bits of her heart.

How long could she keep it up before it got too small?

"I'm so sorry," - that was what she tripped on. Before that she had been walking, or running, maybe flying; but she'd been going, and it was great because there were no storms regardless of whether or not she could outrun them and whether or not he thought or she thought she could. Because for once there were none, and running didn't matter, and he was here and she was ready to tell him to stay.
Was.

"I'm so sorry."
She lurched, visibly, when those words left his mouth. Up until then her lips had drawn up in a smile, a response to his confidence in her, and to his helpfulness in her request. Gently those muscles faded into a face puckered with interest, while her eyes lifted up, curiosity intent in the blue wash of her face as she saw and trailed the bird descending upon them. She couldn't remember it now, but she would later when she replayed the moment back for herself like some kind of personal hell - she'd remember that she thought the bird was so beautiful, and what a treat it was that something so wild and free would choose to grace them with it's presence. For that brief instant she had been happy to see the bird, because what else could it be when it was Mesec?

What else could Mesec be besides her happiness?

"I'm so sorry."
"I'm so so..."
"I'm s..."
"I..."

Falling.

The softness with which they were spoken did nothing to silence the roar that they filled Ampere's head with. Like a furious wind they whipped and ripped through her, a hurricane blooming from her heart and winding up and around her lungs. She choked, gasping for air as she retreated quickly, recoiling from the sight and the sounds he gave and all the notions and all the horrible things they represented. Because if it was true, if Mesec had BONDED to that bird, then she had nothing left, or more appropriately - no one.

None but her son, but in a mind engulfed by the desire to have someone, her child was not on the forefront of her thoughts, nor was his loyalty to her heart. Instead she could only see the world Mesec had created for her crashing down around her, ripped up by the hurricane that brewed with those bird's wing flaps.
She responded by beating her own wings, upper body erupting skyward in an energetic rear that exposed the coils of energy running through her like a power line that had fallen down. All around her sand gave way to blue sparks, the little bundles of pure energy spitting and hissing in a wreath of emotional wreckage. At some point she started screaming, or shouting, or both, but an audible (or somewhat anyway) "NO!" bellowed out of her nearly empty chest. Her forelegs were thrown up like hands trying to block an image or keep at bay a storm which they could not hope to defeat (or both).
She became aware of her screaming amid the anger that stung her eyes. Why was she screaming? Why was she - air filled her up and took her away. Literally carried off by her own storm, Ampere rose into the air with a thrust of her bunched limbs, wings battering against the ground as she barely managed to jump aloft and away from him. Sparks trailed after her like a comet blazing through the night, and so Ampere was, burning up amid the night, a force of destruction turned in upon herself.

Her trust in that stallion was the dust she left as her trail, scattered there along the beach and the diffused lightning.

GOT THE DREAMER'S DISEASE

katanimate.deviantart.com