the Rift

[PRIVATE] Paper Moon

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

A M P E R E

It was right there on the tip of her tongue. That thought, those words, a committment.
"Mesec, stay with me. Touch me. Hold me. Keep me. Love me..."

They drifted away on her next breath, and then with his they they were lost to the ocean breeze for good. Somewhere inside of her their echo remained, sinking down deep inside her heart, nestled somewhere in the roots of her being where she hid her weaknesses and her truths. The absence of it hurt, the way something raw and abrupt does, like a skinned knee. She felt like she had fallen, and in the process shore off little outside bits of her heart.

How long could she keep it up before it got too small?

"I'm so sorry," - that was what she tripped on. Before that she had been walking, or running, maybe flying; but she'd been going, and it was great because there were no storms regardless of whether or not she could outrun them and whether or not he thought or she thought she could. Because for once there were none, and running didn't matter, and he was here and she was ready to tell him to stay.
Was.

"I'm so sorry."
She lurched, visibly, when those words left his mouth. Up until then her lips had drawn up in a smile, a response to his confidence in her, and to his helpfulness in her request. Gently those muscles faded into a face puckered with interest, while her eyes lifted up, curiosity intent in the blue wash of her face as she saw and trailed the bird descending upon them. She couldn't remember it now, but she would later when she replayed the moment back for herself like some kind of personal hell - she'd remember that she thought the bird was so beautiful, and what a treat it was that something so wild and free would choose to grace them with it's presence. For that brief instant she had been happy to see the bird, because what else could it be when it was Mesec?

What else could Mesec be besides her happiness?

"I'm so sorry."
"I'm so so..."
"I'm s..."
"I..."

Falling.

The softness with which they were spoken did nothing to silence the roar that they filled Ampere's head with. Like a furious wind they whipped and ripped through her, a hurricane blooming from her heart and winding up and around her lungs. She choked, gasping for air as she retreated quickly, recoiling from the sight and the sounds he gave and all the notions and all the horrible things they represented. Because if it was true, if Mesec had BONDED to that bird, then she had nothing left, or more appropriately - no one.

None but her son, but in a mind engulfed by the desire to have someone, her child was not on the forefront of her thoughts, nor was his loyalty to her heart. Instead she could only see the world Mesec had created for her crashing down around her, ripped up by the hurricane that brewed with those bird's wing flaps.
She responded by beating her own wings, upper body erupting skyward in an energetic rear that exposed the coils of energy running through her like a power line that had fallen down. All around her sand gave way to blue sparks, the little bundles of pure energy spitting and hissing in a wreath of emotional wreckage. At some point she started screaming, or shouting, or both, but an audible (or somewhat anyway) "NO!" bellowed out of her nearly empty chest. Her forelegs were thrown up like hands trying to block an image or keep at bay a storm which they could not hope to defeat (or both).
She became aware of her screaming amid the anger that stung her eyes. Why was she screaming? Why was she - air filled her up and took her away. Literally carried off by her own storm, Ampere rose into the air with a thrust of her bunched limbs, wings battering against the ground as she barely managed to jump aloft and away from him. Sparks trailed after her like a comet blazing through the night, and so Ampere was, burning up amid the night, a force of destruction turned in upon herself.

Her trust in that stallion was the dust she left as her trail, scattered there along the beach and the diffused lightning.

GOT THE DREAMER'S DISEASE

katanimate.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Paper Moon - by Mesec - 08-14-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Paper Moon - by Ampere - 08-20-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: Paper Moon - by Mesec - 08-29-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Paper Moon - by Ampere - 08-29-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: Paper Moon - by Mesec - 08-31-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: Paper Moon - by Ampere - 09-03-2015, 12:05 AM