the Rift

[OPEN] It's Darkest Before Dawn

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

There had been something about this giant that he had thought he recognized but until now he hadn't been able to pinpoint exactly what. Hearing as the story reveals itself his heart breaks further knowing all too well what the pain of loss felt like. While his "created" family was alive that didn't account for the loss of another one closer to his heart. Letting the man speak however long he wished he just listened with the occasional glance over to the beast. He appreciated the sympathy from the boy and took each comment in stride knowing there was a lot to the story that had not been spoken of. "I am sorry to hear about such a nightmare. I could only imagine how horrid that would be. You are stronger than I for being able to bare such pain and move forward." He replied sincerely meaning each and every word of it.

Letting a brief silence come between them the grey tried to figure out what to say. Should he go on to explain or should he just shut up and let it be? Talking about it might just break the barriers he had worked so hard to build up only to be torn back down in an instant. Parelia had been the only other soul he had ever mentioned it to and somehow she had seen beyond it only to stab him in the back. He had done everything for her to be happy and never asked for a single thing in exchange. Had all that been a game to see how much she could get and how far she could push it? What more did it matter, she was still gone and nothing was going to change that. Kiara hadn't liked her much from the start but had tolerated it for the sake of his happiness. He should have seen through the walls and discovered what her heart really desired for then they would not be standing in the same situation today. "They are still here yes, but the loss goes much deeper than just this. My daughter seems to enjoy spending time with me but as for the rest to them I am as good as dead. I would give the world for my kids and then some for I will never be like him."

Pain made his heart swell and his chest tighten yet anger still lay dormant after all these years. All the lies, his life had been one giant lie. One after another since the day he was born it only seemed fitting for it to continue now. A couple weeks ago an old forgotten memory had resurfaced only adding to the pain when he realized a whole year had gone by that before now he had not remembered. Again it was another difficult blow for him to stomach especially at the same time as everything else had been going on. "Have you ever woken up one day and realized you were living a lie? That nothing you knew was actually the truth?" At this his voice cracks but somehow he still manages to hold the suffocating pain back. Taking a moment to bring his heart back from the dead he chooses to let the memory continue. "Ilios and Areli are not my only children but they are the ones I could remember at the time... My mother long ago managed to strip my life memories from me with magic only to replace them with anything but the truth. As long as there was magic the curse would stay in place as long as I needed it. She had been trying to protect me only recently did I discover the reason." Needing a breather he shifted his weight as his eyes closed for a minute or two to stop the demons from overtaking. He could feel Kiara's eyes upon him obviously concerned for he had yet to share any of this with anyone until now.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Tembovu •• NOTES: tried not to put a novel haha ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Messages In This Thread
It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Tembovu - 08-14-2015, 09:16 PM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Ciceron - 09-10-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Tembovu - 09-14-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Ciceron - 09-17-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Tembovu - 10-03-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Ciceron - 10-05-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Tembovu - 10-06-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Ciceron - 10-07-2015, 01:02 AM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Tembovu - 10-12-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Ciceron - 10-13-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: It's Darkest Before Dawn - by Tembovu - 11-01-2015, 10:58 PM