the Rift

[OPEN] Cover Your Tracks

Maitimo Posts: 14
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 4
Minx
M a i t i m o

He is a tarnished image of a once glorious image. A crumbling mind, with a soiled heart and purposeless existence. He wanders in the grips of dusk. Maitimo is reduced to nothing but scars and malnourishment as he wanders in the growing darkness. The man has taken to watching the world from a distance. Every so often he’ll spy as others interact, simply standing back in longing. The terror that races through his mind always pulling him back to the shadows and isolation.

He wanders aimlessly in the shelter of the grove, remembering the tiny mare who had found him many months ago. Silently he nestles himself beneath a willow and shivers, more out of nervousness than the cold. Despite the serenity of the place around him, he jumps at every sound, expecting some darkness to materialize and drag him back to hell. There is a crack of a branch and he jerks his head in the direction of the sound, a soft whimper breaking past his lips. Desperately he crawls up to his feet and scrambles back away from the noise. He throws his head back and tries to escape from the monsters that surely have come for him.

Maitimo bolts from the cover of the willow, branches catching on the strands of his tail and mane. The stallion is a pitiful sight in his panic, running from nothing but the rustling of the leaves in the wind. His feet carry him several feet before he finally comes to a stop, wide eyed glancing around. The expression on his face makes it seem as though he is staring into the eyes of the devil himself, when in reality all that is there is the cold empty air.

talk talk talk 

The fire I began is burning me alive.

Image Credits

Pixel by Aud
* Only tag in opening posts please
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material. 

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

In the dusk of Frostfall she was like an angel, the red and orange hues from the sunset causing her ivory and ebony coat to glow magnificently with each graceful step that she took. The girl was preoccupied with the hoofprints she was making in the snow to really notice the approaching darkness, and with each hop a smile graced her dark maw. Butterfly wings gracefully fluttered upon her slender back, and she was nearly in the clearing of the grove when she finally heard the presence of another. Pricking spotted ears Myrrine lifted her hazel eyes to get a better view, to find a blue creature running straight in her direction. Blinking in surprise she halted in her tracks just as he did, watching him closely as he reeked of terror. From the looks of him, he was clearly older than she, a lone stallion meandering in the grove with a look of utmost fear plastered on his complexion. She couldn't help but grow concerned, to let her own anxiety fill up within her at the such a sad sight. It reminded her of the day she first met her Vincent, the man a giant yet terrified of such a little foal. Since that day the two seemed to be almost inseparable, and she had helped him in his dark time of need. Perhaps this was a sign from the Gods that she was to reach out to someone in need once more.

Moving her sleek legs forward, quiet and slow in her advances, the filly kept a sweet expression on her features as she began her approach, soft eyes only on his own horror-stricken ones as her creamy tail swished behind her leisurely. She closed the distance to the point where she was only a few feet from him, a soft nicker in her throat as she dipped her head low, attempting to appear as friendly and passive as possible. Her gaze did not once leave him, and she refused to back down, even if he were to lash out negatively in response to her attempts at friendship. He was alone, scared, and had no one or nowhere to turn to, and to her that was the worst thing anyone could experience. She knew pain, knew loneliness and uncertainty, had felt rejection and abandonment along with grief and loss. Her life had been flipped upside down in the first six months of her existence, and it was only when she had come to Helovia had she begun to heal. This wasn't on her own of course, through the help of her friends and those who took the time to see her for who she was, she was able to accept her fate, to embrace her new life and to grow into the beautiful young lady she is now.

In retrospect, Myrrine most likely wouldn't change anything that happened to her, past or present, because she knew it made her stronger and turned her into who she is, and she kinda liked who she was. Smiling softly at her own thoughts she finally returned her focus to the man, keeping that smile present and gentle, as her lilt escaped her in hushed, soft tones, like a gentle chime riding on the wings of a butterfly," Hello there. Are you alright? Is someone coming after you? If so, I'm sure we can find a safe place to hide. Are you hurt? I know a little bit about herbs, so if there are any injuries you have I should be able to assist in tending to them. My name is Myrrine by the way, it's a pleasure to meet you sir!" She was all smiles, all sunshine and rainbows and sickenly sweet goodness that either made others melt or vomit. Not that she ever noticed such things, for she was only focused on what she did for others, not herself.

"Speech"

OOC:
TAG: Maitimo
WC: 652

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Maitimo Posts: 14
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 4
Minx
M a i t i m o

There is another coming towards him. It sends a wave of panic and he throws his head back in panic. He takes several steps back as she nickers to him. For a moment he thinks of the other tiny mare that had reached out to him. As the little creature comes closer he contemplates lingering to see what she may offer. For a flicker of a moment he is actually brave. Maitimo looks the filly in the eyes and goes completely still. Then he frantically starts to shake his head as she starts the tidal wave of questions. It becomes too much and he steps away from her, his pace quickening with each step. Paranoia takes control and all he can think is the little filyl is an agent. She is a trap meant to lower his guard and lure him to captivity. Never again. Never again will he let himself return to His grasp. The stallion throws his head back and keeps stepping backwards for the mare. 

"You serve him," Maitimo says, his voice coming out weak. "I know it. Please.. Leave me alone.. I just want to be left alone." Every instinct screams for him to run but he finds himself locked in place. All he can do is stare at the filly who offers him help. No, no, there is no one who can help him he tells himself. No one who can silence the fear and anguish that has seized his mind and heart. Maitimo is trapped within the hell that has been crafted for him. Even gods turn a blind eye away from him in his suffering. The lionheart crumples beneath the weight of his anxiety and breaks down into a violent fit of tears. 

For a very long moment he simply stands there and weeps. Tears fall from his cheeks and hit the ground until he finally he looks at the little filly. "I'm so alone," he whispers. "I've been alone for so long." 

talk talk talk 

The fire I began is burning me alive.

Image Credits

@Myrrine

Pixel by Aud
* Only tag in opening posts please
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material. 

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

All she had wanted to do was help, to relieve him of his worries and fears, but it seemed she had done the opposite, and it was all going to hell. Her eyes widened as he began to grow anxious, shaking his head and swiftly pacing away from her. Without thinking she slowly lowers her head, her body following suit at the slowest speed she can muster. Soon she's laying down in the snow, quietly waiting for him to calm down. She had spooked him, and that was enough for him to steer away and go into his head, and so she did all she could; wait. It reminded her of that day with Vincent all of those months ago, when all she did was smile at him and he balked, nearly speeding off and begging her to stay away; when he was 19hh and she had been maybe 13hh. She had somehow calmed him, showed she truly meant no harm, and since then they had been nothing but close. She missed him dearly, and often wondered where he had vanished to after the invasion, but she couldn't think about that now when there was someone who needed her. Letting her hazel eyes look at him calmly she let him speak, listening attentively and only focused on him, her brow furrowing in confusion at his accusations, but not growing offended.

Speaking low, she pressed her skull upon her legs to make herself look even smaller, speaking soothingly in a tone that was like milk and honey, "I'm sorry that I startled you Sir, I was merely trying to see if you were alright. I don't know who you are speaking of, but I can assure you the only ones I work for are the Gods of these lands. Only they can direct my path." She smiled softly, watching his every move, watching as he seemed to only spiral deeper into an abyss of sorrow and fear. Suddenly; he's crying. Tears streaming down those blue cheeks and hitting the icy snow, and all she could do was stare with concern. She longed to go to him and embrace him, to brush those tears away with her muzzle and look into those lonely eyes of his and tell him that she would be here, that she would help him should he need it; but she couldn't and it made her feel so helpless.

She took in a deep breath slowly, trying to calm herself so that she didn't make any sudden moves. She wanted to help him relax, not feel that she was the enemy. And so she watched him, her eyes filled with concern for him, and when he whispered those depressing words to her, she nearly lost it then and there. She sniffled, trying to keep her own tears away, for she hated to see anyone cry, and while curling her petite legs to her stomach she watched him, slowly lifting her head and speaking again in that tone of tenderness, "I'm so sorry that you are alone Sir... I truly am. I... I really want to help you. I will be your friend if you so wish, and if not I would be happy to just keep you company for awhile... even if it means I remain right here." She looked at him hopefully, praying that he should accept, that he should bring himself to realize that she really meant no harm. She couldn't make him though, and so she only waited, watching him patiently, silently, begging him to just accept her offer.

"Speech"

OOC:
TAG:
WC: 594

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3