the Rift

[OPEN] no flurries, some worries.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
What sounds like a shouted profanity draws my ears back, though I do not look back at first, instead taking in his snow and pine scent, freshly layered over the smells of foreign lands as my own, figuring its probably some wanderer or another, perhaps even a patrol unit; perhaps they feel the weird feeling I feel and just don’t know how to handle it, have tripped on their own feet, or have some weird cursing syndrome – I don’t know, nor do I really find it any of my concern.

It’s followed there after by the muffled crunch of approaching hoof beats, however, and so I spare a glance behind me to find a narrow bodied, bay stag who is perhaps only a year or two older than I am. I feel like I should know him, because he seems familiar, and because there is something to the way he moves, the lines of his figure, and the opacity of his horn that reminds me of d’Artagnan, the grumpy old doctor who had constantly berated my mother’s leadership with remarks that, quite honestly, might have got me kicked across the Basin for laughing if I hadn’t prudently expressed restraint.

Perhaps one of his sons, I muse, finding him walking alongside me in short order, my eyes having roamed ahead once more so that he may or may not know that I knew he was coming up on me at all.

He seems amiable enough, earning a sidelong glance from me that is accompanied with the faintest of friendly smiles (a sorrowful light shining in my eyes regardless), which I use to cover up the ache in my heart that I don’t really want to give away to this guy. I’m not really sure how eager I am to be making new friends just yet, but I don’t really find bridge burning all that appealing of an aspect, either.

Besides, if he is the doctor’s son, we likely have more in common than I will with most.

"I guess," I answer, rolling a shoulder in nonchalance as we walk, lying by avoiding the truth; I have slowed my step to allow for better conversation, obliging the company of this red pelted stranger and his companion, whose shadow cast from overhead drifts like a charcoal ghost across the snow, "is that why you’re out here?"

[ OOC: Dense Rikyn totally has not noticed that Roux is blind yet. xD Pay his idiocy no mind.

Also Nessie feel free to jump in still. I just wanted to go ahead and respond. :3 ]

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
no flurries, some worries. - by Rikyn - 08-17-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: no flurries, some worries. - by Roux - 08-18-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: no flurries, some worries. - by Rikyn - 08-21-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: no flurries, some worries. - by Glacia - 08-25-2015, 12:38 PM