the Rift

[OPEN] over the hills [herb gathering]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Someone else is in the heavenly fields, lurking in the shadows and wholly unimpressed by these jealous squabbles and awkward interactions...

IT IS I, VICTOR THE MEDDLING FLY TRAP, FROM VENUS OR MAYBE MARS!
(Or maybe just that pond by the fields)

You see, I had the faintest tickling in my throat. That was where it started. Something unexpected flew into the scope of my magnificent jaws, and being hungry as I was I snapped down those magnificent leafy teeth without a mere glance at the thing. And what would you know, it wasn't even a fly. How absurd, it is, for a fly trap to eat something other than a fly!

Perhaps you've heard differently, and that any bug will do. BUT NOT FOR VICTOR, I SAY! No, only the purest diet of grain fed flies for me. Occasionally one that's been bothering a horse, well, that is a treat. Which is why I've even come to this realm, you see--for the horses. They make an awful stink and the flies just love picking at them throughout the day. Thankfully Birdsong is back and so too is the overwhelming stench of dung, ready to attract flies. Delicious, tasty flies...

But I digress. I had snapped down upon something I thought was a fly but clearly could not have been, for it lodged itself in my throat. At this point I called upon my neighbor, a wolf mother who was rather lonesome now that her pups had grown and left her, and insisted she carry me to somewhere that I could be helped.

Note that though Minerva is a wonderful neighbor, she does not have the delicacy acquired to remove such obstruction. Visiting her and expecting to not get senselessly gnawed upon to cure the nausea of fading motherhood is a miracle enough, I wouldn't then ask her to fix my problem.

But, she was obedient, if not dumb. And so with my roots clinging to the fur at the base of her scruff I pressed her onwards until I found a small gathering of horses, apparently healers, and settled to watch from the shadows.

Sadly, whatever it was that I swallowed had given me such a horrible cough! And just as those four settled down their chatter, I let out the loudest whooping one you ever did hear. I'm afraid it gave me away!

[[....HAVE FUN. There will be a small prize.]]

@Lena @Demothi @Tiamat @Enna @Tangere

Messages In This Thread
over the hills [herb gathering] - by Lena - 08-17-2015, 04:09 PM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Demothi - 08-20-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Tiamat - 08-20-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Enna - 08-20-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by NPC - 08-23-2015, 06:20 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Lena - 08-23-2015, 08:22 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Tiamat - 09-03-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Enna - 09-16-2015, 04:27 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Tangere - 09-26-2015, 04:06 PM