the Rift

[OPEN] When daffodils begin to peer [Spring NPC]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The mother robin, overwrought, continued her pleading within the forest, but to her relief, mere moments later came a larger being – one of those unicorns always prancing about- with strange, multi-colored eyes and questions floating through the air. In no place to judge, she had after all, knocked her own egg out of the nest, the tiny bird fluttered down towards her fallen child and courted a few sad songs. “Oh yes, child. I would greatly appreciate that!”

The question remaining was: how?

She didn’t seem to possess any tools. The next one arriving, a large male, didn’t offer much support at first either (don’t fret – good heavens, what on earth am I supposed to do?). In truth, there were some snippets where she yearned to perhaps glide along his nose and peck him, air her frustrations through violence and movement, but neither would have done anyone any good (and he certainly wouldn’t help her then – and her egg was the most important thing now). She nodded to him, listening – not really sure what a sling was, but it sounded more promising than losing all of her feathers.

Another woman, announced whatever his proposal was could hurt her egg, and she immediately flew back down to it and threw her body across its form. Good heavens, were these creatures going to help or hinder? The way they conversed was hopeful, and then dreadful, and it was searing on her nerves. And a nest on the ground? Where there could be predators? Oh, this one had obviously not raised any children! “Goodness! If I were to leave my babe on the ground, it wouldn’t last long! Hunters would take it.” She narrowed her eyes, speculative, wondering if perhaps even these horses were one of the beasts willing to take her child for themselves…

But perhaps serenity and heaven came in the form of the winged maiden! At the very least, she’d be able to fly! And she was much bigger than herself! The suggestion of her tool was a grand idea too – and the robin wouldn’t have to leave her egg on the ground. “Can we try that, please?” Her eyes snatched on some long twigs and stems, and hastily fluttered to them, grabbing hold with her beak to demonstrate their strength. “Maybe these?,” she spoke with a mouthful of vegetation, but not enough brawn to snap or pull them back. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: When daffodils begin to peer [Spring NPC] - by NPC - 08-25-2015, 05:43 PM