the Rift

[PRIVATE] And we're burning all the bridges now

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Alysanne &

Miykael
It felt like he had been waiting for ages. Long enough that it made him nervous, made him wonder if Eliana would succeed at all. Did she even want to talk to him? He can sense that Eliana is okay, their tight bond reassuring him of that at least. He paces, a hint of his inner turmoil showing clear in his sky blue eyes. He tries to focus on the sweeping golden grasses brushing against his legs, on the sun's warmth on his back but his own mind is far too loud. For a second, he considers giving up. For a second, he considers heading back home. Eliana's sudden call pierces the soft rustling of the fields, causing him to pause. Miykael stands frozen for a moment, his ear flicks to the side - zoning in on the zephyr.

But he still doesn't turn his head. Fear of the rejection he saw as impending holds him back. He feels Eliana as she soars closer to him. Feels her as she lands upon his back, comforted by the feel of her claws upon his withers. So consumed by his companion, he doesn't hear Alysanne's approach. 'Mi...' her voice, sweet as it usually is, seems different somehow. Almost pensive. And it tears him apart, little by little. He breathes deeply, fighting against the tumultuous swirl of emotions in his chest; anger, guilt, sorrow, fear, disgust, and the lingering remains of his love for her. As he turns to her, his blue eyes quickly and easily find the familiar emeralds, sending an ache coursing through him. In that instant, he's glad she kept some distance between them. It gave him the chance to at least attempt to say what he needs to, no matter how much he wants to just forget their arguments and erase the distance between them. "Aly..." he begins, purely out of habit but then he falls silent, pinning her with his tortured gaze.

The words evade him, choke him, render him speechless for several heartbeats.

"I'm sorry." the words practically burst from his lips, more abrupt than he intended. "I never should have pushed you. I should have gone to you... when we thought... Naerys..." but he can't even say it. He can hardly think about that messed up day. He'd been so fueled by Eliana's panic that he hadn't been thinking clearly. "If I cared for you as much as I believed I did, I should have been there for you when you needed me most." With that he drops his gaze. What else could he say? He'd been a fool. She had been wrong, too but to him... she wouldn't have made the choices she did without pressure from him. He'd pushed and pushed and pushed until she'd broken. He could see it here and now, the dimness of her once bright and joyful light. It was all his fault. Time had proven that much to him.

"I am such a fool..." he murmurs, his voice a mere whisper of breath, the words tainted with an intense anger - for himself.
Obsidian Dawn, Evelivesey, ISOStock
table by Sevin

@Alysanne
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: And we're burning all the bridges now - by Miykael - 10-26-2015, 11:26 PM