the Rift

[OPEN] imprompteu

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn

Signs of Birdsong peered through the gossamer cloak of winter, such as the increased number of winged figures against the bright blue heavens, or the longer days, the dwindling dark. The Sun was warmer than it had been most of the year and it had been days since the last snow fall, the storms which had dumped snow now besieging the land with wind and threatening with the shadowy clouds of rain.

Rikyn noticed very little of it.

He spent most of his days alone, wandering the Basin or fighting imaginary foes, burning off the excess energy that seemed to flood his being now that his hormones had become active. When he wasn’t aimlessly gallivanting, he could be found with Ulrik, helping his father carry things from one place to another or talking more of the time he’d spent outside of Helovia. It seemed that his father was proud of the son that had returned home, even if there were times when Rikyn was not always a boy to be proud of (such as nearly locking horns with Ashamin over, well, nothing – which Ulrik had found funny, rather than something to scold his son over), and for this, he was glad; the worry that his sire would be mad at him, or, even worse, forget of him was very easily cast away in the first few days home, and the gold marked son of the Engineer soon found himself spending more and more time away from Ulrik, seeking to verify his validity in the often grumpy, dark coated stallion’s life much less than he had at first.

This, of course, led to boredom, when most of the caverns had been explored and the valley was, as far as Rikyn could be considered, conquered by his long steps and eager eyes. He couldn’t leave to view the rest of Helovia, as the land was still sealed in by the trench of snow that had nearly buried the herd alive in the last legs of Frostfall, and was left to aimlessly walking the same paths he had walked the days before, working out the soreness of his muscles and the new bruises and abrasions he had won in his spar with Ashamin (it had been a friendly one, honest!).

It reminded him, painfully, of his days walking with his mother, helping her tend to her stupid business. He certainly did not miss those days, when he had been forced to stand like a shadow alongside her and wonder what sort of fun his friends were getting into, but he also couldn’t help but think of how ironic it was that he was still wondering the same things.

He loathed being bored for such reasons. It allowed the mind to slip into dark trenches and other such places he normally sought to avoid, as with anything let to lay leisurely for too long would be covered in soil and filth.

He supposed that he should try to maybe make some new friends, but that would require a lot more effort on his behalf than he was truly willing to put forth at this time. Besides, his friends found him (besides Aithniel, of course, but she was his sister, after all) – it had been that way from the very first meeting in which Erebos had wandered up to him, all the way down the line until Furen had walked up to him that fateful afternoon in the meadow of the Nightwalk, and asked the young prince of Helovia if he’d like to learn about war.

That he was a prince no more did not affect the proud sway of his step, the height of his crown alluding to the arrogance that lies beneath. He had been raised beneath the towering gaze of these mountains, taught that they were his, and while his mother was gone, her legacy still remained, guarding the gates of their land, marking the histories of the two who his father now claimed ruled alongside Deimos with her boons and blessings. As far as Rikyn was concerned, he would always own a part of this valley, no matter who dared deny him his right, and he dared anyone to challenge his self given authority.

For all he tried to be someone other than his dam, the boy could not shake certain… qualities of himself that were spitting images of the golden bitch who had raised him, qualities that, if asked, had absolutely nothing to do with her.

Still, he couldn’t help but feel his desire for the stupid place lessen the longer he went without finding anyone of emotional value to him aside from his father, and more and more often he found himself haunting the threshold to the Basin, looking to see if he could escape and venture out into the world beyond, where surely his friends waited for him.

Today was a day of no luck, as those before it, and the chocolate dappled stag found himself venting his frustrations at having to remain in the snow bound realm by pressing his legs to carry him swiftly about the shoreline of the lake, the pale sand flying up behind him in the wild rush of his cloven hooves and his dark, tangled mane slapping against his neck with dull cracks. He’s always taken delight in this particular venture, the gritty feel of the sand clinging to his skin and the heat of the sun above almost making him forget that, just to his peripheral view, the snow still waits, still bars him in the vale that he had been so eager to return to.

[ OOC: Random swap to 3rd person ftw ~ ]

@Enna @Zunden

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare

Almost done, but first she needed a rest. Having a hell mutt bite you, and a crazy bitch try to shock you to death would wear anyone out. The storm girl was no exception. She needed to go home where she would be safe and rest. The hulking sentinels seemed to rise out of the snow ahead. Now she only had to go a little to the left, and find the little ice trench she had made to get out. A lot of planning and thought had gone in to where to make this secret escape. It had to be close enough the the sentinels that intruders would not be able to get in, but out of sight very every nobody in the basin. It's not that she didn't want anyone to get out, but she had done all the work, so there was no need for them to be using her hard work to go gallivanting God's knew where.

Speaking of where, she had been so busy the girl had forgotten to speak to her brother. She assumed he had been busy learning things about blood and everything else smart people wanted to know. She paused tender left rear leg held up, when was the last time she had seen her bay brother? Fear prickled through the storm girl, was he gone? Had he left the Basin and not told her? She stood frozen for a moment everything blocked out her face blank. The it crashed over her; manic panic. Flying through the tunnel, still limping, she threw herself forward voice calling out, "Adelric? Adelric!!" He had to be here, had to be, there wasn't anywhere else he could be! Wait. There was one other place, maybe he was visiting the their incubation chamber in the Falls. maybe he'd only truly been absent a couple of days.

Lost in thought of her missing brother she almost missed the vaguely familiar form racing around the lake. There was something about him that made her think he had been friends with Adel. He was much taller, muscular, dark brown black, golden accents, and a long furry tail. It was hopeless to even try and thing of his name, she had no idea what it could be, silently she wished she could remember. Gold and green watched the young stallion running for a moment her heart flipping, before she managed to get a hold of herself. "Hello, uh, I think you used to know my brother, Adelric? You haven't happen to see him around anywhere have you?" LAME! God why did she have to be so freaking lame?

-----------------------
Talking
OOC;
Words/Tags; 436 @Enna
image credit
- table by Niki -
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

After another restless night of practically snowed-in moon watching, you finally begin to feel your body wearing down, the relative warmth of the little cave that you had found for yourself suddenly too alluring to deny any longer. You are virtually unaware of the way that the sun is shining, of the birdsong and skittering of life breathing back in to the valley, used to sleeping during any time that you could actually manage to. It is as your heavy, heavy eyelids close that the screeching of a particular voice catches your attention, mismatched eyes snapping open, your heartbeat loud within your ears as you strain to listen. The voice had been urgent, but you are loathe to lose out on your rest and so as the stunned quiet returns to the noise of the business of the birds and bugs you close your eyes once more.

Ever-curious, however, you find it impossible to relax once more, and with a heavy sigh you stumble to your feet and into the all-too-bright wilderness outside. It does not take long to spot two figures: one running (god what would even possess him to do such a thing, you do not know) around the lake and the other making a bee-line for the unsuspecting fellow. It is not hard to put two and two together, as she’s already yabbering away to him about something that you can’t hear, even as you march purposefully towards the pair, trying your best to hide the scowl that you feel is permanently stuck on your face, that she’s the one responsible for being so inconsiderate. You glance towards the dark-skinned boy, the skepticism in your eyes well-hidden in the folds of restlessness and welcoming. You can assume that finding faces (both of them strangers, and you shift on tiny heels at the thought before settling near to them, a second glance tossed at the girl) that you do not know in a family so large is hardly something to be alarmed about, but there is still an unfitting edge to your voice as you address the downy gray girl.

“Some of us were still trying to sleep, you know.” You give the young girl as firm a look as you can muster, which is barely a look at all; too tired to waste too much energy on scolding those that wouldn’t give a single shit about what you have to say. Upon actually looking at her, however, you can assume that she is of an age with you, just beginning to shed the skin of youth and blooming into the body of a woman. You judge the boy with the dark skin and lion’s eyes to be at the same cusp of life, and your gaze softens considerably, your desire to make friends overruling your momentary lapse of faith in the soldiers that you had trusted to keep the Basin safe thus far, popping the grouch-bubble that you had been stuck in since being woken up. “I’m Enna,” It is both an introduction and an invitation for the two of them, your eyes resting on both of them equally in turn. It is only then that you notice the way that she carries her back limb, and your brows furrow, face messing up with concern. “What uh, what happened to your leg?”

i didn't know how obviously her leg was injured, but i thought it would be useful since this is supposed to be a teaching thread for her to mention it and maybe put some medicine on it or something? i'm not sure, just a suggestion :3
i apologize about the quality of this post. that being said, they will most certainly get better~
@Rikyn

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Яikyn
“Hello, uh…”

An ear flickers to the sound as his body swiftly approaches, the lack luster wording easily ignored. Its what she says next that makes him actually take the time to get a better look at her.

“I think you used to know my brother, Adelric?”

Zunden, as if pulled from his thoughts, stood framed in the snow, her dark tipped legs buried in white and her twin horns now those of an adult, not as he had seen her last (though one is broken, which makes him wonder as to why only briefly, and not long enough to ask – horns could be snapped, he would not curse his by talking of the befouled fates of others); the name which fell from her lips, his own forgotten, not remembered, made his heart spasm in a strange way he’d come to associate with loss, and the worry that it would be as if he never existed here at all.

He hadn’t paid the figure much mind when he’d first noticed her rushing through the valley with a limp to her step, hadn’t given the shouting that ushered from her lips a second thought; he truly had just kept running, intent on ignoring her, and so it was with some measure of surprise that he actually looked at her to find that she was familiar to him, though the sound of her voice surely had not been.

Hauling himself to a stop in a spray of sand and chilly dampness, the blackened russet youth stood staring as vapidly at the roan mare, staggered by the sudden appearance of a childhood acquaintance.

She’s asking him he’s seen him around, with a sort of worry to her voice that makes Rikyn’s ears twitch atop his head in sadness, wishing he had even more than he already did in all of his loneliness.

Sure, his dad was around – but it wasn’t the same as sharing a true companionship with a guy your own age, and the former prince had spent many hours since returning wondering what he had done to piss fate off so much that it had stolen all his friends and suitable companions away while he was gone.

"No," he answers honestly, his tenor voice rich and elegant, thankful to hear the arrival of another set of hooves and turning his golden eyes away from the sad, gold embellished green eyes of Adelric’s twin.

He finds himself smiling at the surly tone of the woman, just a little slip of a smirk that makes his ears pull forward again from where they had fallen back under Zunden’s sad expression. The tone of her voice does not match the sweet grace of the woman what so ever, the threat held it its pitch lost on the smallness of her frame, how very pretty she was.

She lightens quickly enough, however, introducing herself as Enna (a soft name, he thinks, delicate as she) and even inquiring as to Zunden’s leg, which Rikyn only now has the decency to notice.

Good question, he thinks, feeling very little shame over having given zero cares before and perhaps only half of a single care now.

"Rikyn," he says with his golden eyes cast in Enna’s direction, meaning himself, hoping she gathers as much and doesn’t think he’s answering her question to Adelric’s sister with nonsense, turning to the roan girl after a short pause, "what did happen to your leg, Zunden?"

@Zunden
in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Zünden
She watched the young stallion before her curiously. In her heart she knew Adelric was fine, probably off learning somewhere with his deer. Back to the boy though. He seemed to ignore her, continuing to run until she said Adelric's now. That had taken the fear for her brother right out of her mind. 'What a dick. A sexy beast, but a dick all the same.' She thought in aggravation as he finally turned towards her. Her own ears flicked back in a moment of flickering annoyance. How dare he a ignore her until she brought up her brother. A soft snort ripped from her muzzle as he slid to a stop and faced her. God's had he gotten tall, and thickened up. She could vaguely remember him following around Illynyx. That's right, he had been the prince, pampered, and... "Rikyn!" Even though she blurted his name it was just loud enough for him to hear.

His reply was short and simple as; he had not seen Adelric. The sound of hooves falling upon the still frozen ground drew her eyes away from the handsome stud. Tiny, weak, dainty, rude. Dual colored eyes narrow as grey ears flick back her own voice sharp, "Excuse me, for trying to find my brother that I haven't seen in a week." She snorts before turning back to see Rikyn nearly pissing himself at this new girl's arrival. If her leg didn't hurt so much she would have been very tempted to kick the boy. Rolling her eyes she turns back to the silver haired mare. So what if she was small and curvy, not every guy wanted a flower... right? Her heart twitched unwillingly. Why did this of all things chip a piece of her heart away? Damn hormones were a freaking killer!

As the girl examines her and Rikyn she seems to lighten up, but the damage has been done. Trying to mind her manners the storm girl relaxes, slightly. Her injured leg cocked slightly trying to keep her weight off of it. Enna was her name, guess that meant she needed to offer up her own. "I'm Zunden." She dipped her head a fraction of an inch. Then they brought up the subject of her leg. She shrugged before speaking again her voice bland, "I was bitten by a hellhound a few days ago." She watched the concern spread over the dark girl's face and saw nothing on Rikyn's. "It's not a big deal though." She watched the girl for a moment wondering why she cared. Rikyn sure didn't so why did Enna? The young lady didn't know here at all, even this colt knew her better than she did. "Why do you care anyway?" There was no malice in her voice just real wonder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Words: 464
Tags:  @Enna
Notes: Sorry it took so long xP
Talking Thinking

Image Credit
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

Excuse me for trying to find my brother that I haven’t seen in a week.’ For a split second you cringe, your heart leaking sympathy for the girl. There had been only one time that your brother had gone missing, and you had only found him when the smell of death hung like honey, so thick in the air. It pains you now to think about it, a thin mist of tears clouding your eyes before one look steels you against her, every ounce of sympathy fleeing as something about the impudent little brat rolling her eyes sparking rebellion in your veins. “Ever stop to think that he doesn’t want you to see him? Cause, fuck, I’d be hiding from you too if I could.”

You stare squarely at the girl now, wanting to see her squirm; eyes narrowing just the slightest bit before you smirk, knowing full well the daggers you have aimed straight for her heart if she shares even a tenth of the closeness with this brother of hers as you had with yours. Is this how you deal with hurt now? Aim straight for someone else’s throat to make them bleed with you? It is only as the boy speaks up with his name that you realize he is still there, staring at you with a smirk that sets you slightly on edge. Maybe if this … thing wasn’t here, and she hadn’t dragged you out from bed certain that the end of the world was happening you might have appreciated the attention, even reciprocated it, but all he receives is a tempered smile. ‘I’m Zunden.’ But you do not even glance at her as she speaks, where curiosity lingered before nothing but dislike for the girl remains.

“It’s nice to meet you Rikyn.” Despite your obvious plan to ignore her she answers your question anyway, and you finally look at her, the look on your face a mask of placidity with contempt bubbling just underneath. ‘Why do you care anyway?’ Was she always so fucking obnoxious? I don’t.” It’s only half a lie. You do not care what happens to the girl, not personally now that she’s proven herself to be a right brat, but the fact that you have been charged with the care of the herd makes you partially in charge of her well-being. You grit your teeth against the annoyance that swells in you like disease, finally explaining why you had asked in the first place with a huff. “I’m one of the Time Menders; the well-being of those that live here is my responsibility.” And that, unfortunately, means you too. “Do you want me to help you or not?” impatience makes your tone harsher than you had originally intended, but you do not seek forgiveness for it, refusing to bend to the girl’s insolence despite the stupidity of you giving it right back.

sorry bunnie - i tried to include rikyn as much as possible but seriously struggled with this post. i hope its enough for you to reply to? if not i can try redoing it <3
@Rikyn

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Яikyn
The women do what women do.

Like two cats with backs arched, invisible sparks crackle and fly. I watch with a slightly bemused expression, aureate eyes slipping from one to the other as tongues lash and ire rises, a slip of a smile tilting my features that falters ever so slightly at the verbal cut delivered by the smaller of the two.

They had been twins. I don’t know much about the bond between such siblings other than it seems close, and maybe Adelric really is missing; I feel sympathy for such a plight, having just returned from a long absence myself, and the ache of emptiness, born from the absence of the girl I call my sister, is fresh in my heart.

I glance over the dainty, silver maned stranger with a new air of wonder, pondering what other sort of thorns she wears, and if I should be cautious myself to avoid them.

"You might regret such a statement if the boy truly is gone," I caution quietly, taking a gentle front against the cruel toss of a whip towards something as sacred as familial bonds between herd mates and horned kin. The prince that remains in me, faded from the long absence of any true princely responsibilities, won’t stand for it.

"I’m sure Adelric is fine," I add as an off note, mostly believing it; the colt had been a big, strong fellow with some measure of sense to him. I’m sure, if it’s a survivable situation he’s stumbled into, he’ll make it back alright, and that if he doesn’t, it was nothing any of us might have changed.

Aggression stains the air regardless of my attempts to dissuade it (my gaze passing between both with less amusement than it had at first), though I understand – it’s hard to let the knot of anger loosen once its bit down for some of us, and while I don’t get why Enna is being so cruel to Zunden, I’m sure she has her reasons.

I can’t get offended when I so very recently nearly bit the Haruspex in half for simply trying to make friends. Sometimes we all have bad days.

Ladies do seem to have more than most, though.

[ OOC: For some reason I had it in my head it wasn't my turn. D: Sorry for the forever wait you guys I am a ditz. ]

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots