the Rift

[OPEN] and it hurts with every heartbeat

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

B A D G E R

I hadn't been able to believe it when Shadow gave me the opportunity to name her child. I hadn't taken her up on it - because how could I take that privilege away from her father? - but to even be asked had made me quiver with gratitude. I will never get to name a foal of my own, so to be offered for someone else's...it makes my heart ache with unsaid thanks.

Shadow asks for shelter and a healer, and my ears flip back slightly, nervous. What if the herd's residents don't take kindly to her pleads? Worse, what if nobody comes at all and we have to trudge halfway across the world to find somewhere else? I don't know if she or little Erthe will survive that journey. But finally, someone comes. He is larger than me, and horned; he also has one of those lovely deer things beside him, and I feel my heart yearn for the egg I missed out on. He introduces himself as Thranduil, a Lord, and I pray he will be able to help us. But his words are not kind, and they are not the words I hoped for. He turns and moves towards the great metal statues that I have been desperately trying not to look at, and I think that is it - we have been turned away. My head hangs, dejected. But then...then he changes his mind. I perk up, my tired head lifting, my ears pressing forwards.

He asks us all to tell him more about each of us, and I feel my flesh shudder anxiously at the idea of having to speak about myself in front of a group. Although Thranduil then addresses Shadow, his earlier question is unanswered, and I finally steel myself enough to speak. "My name is Badger, a Healer of the Dragon's Throat. I am no relation of those you see beside me, but I helped heal Shadow with herbs when she bled badly during childbirth. However, I know my mediocre knowledge of herbal healing is nothing compared to an actual magical healer, so I have come with them to make sure they get the help they need, and offer any assistance I can towards their aid." To see this job through.

Another arrives, this one a horned mare. She introduces herself as Lena, and congratulates Shadow on her birth. I can't help but beam at the kind words, even though the child is not my own. She states that she and someone named Enna can help heal, and I fully intend to watch closely. Even if I have no magic, perhaps these two mares have a technique that I could use in the future? One that will further my ability to fix the cuts and scrapes of Helovia. Enna herself soon arrives, an antlered woman who seems cold in contrast with Lena's warmth. I have noticed that all the Basin's residents seem to be horned, and the thought makes one of my hooves paw against the ground anxiously. What if they will sabotage the healing of Erthe and Shadow because we are not horned like them? Well, Vadim is, but he has bred with a pegasus - that could be the Helovian equivalent of a hanging offence.

But I trust them to do their best, because no healer will willingly hurt, surely? I bat one ear back, then flit my gaze between all the gathered horses, curious what will happen next.

@Shadow

Messages In This Thread
and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Erthë - 08-19-2015, 03:43 AM
RE: and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Badger - 08-19-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Shadow - 08-21-2015, 07:48 AM
RE: and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Vadim - 08-21-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Lena - 08-23-2015, 09:02 AM
RE: and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Enna - 08-23-2015, 05:15 PM
RE: and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Erthë - 08-29-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Badger - 08-30-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Shadow - 08-31-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: and it hurts with every heartbeat - by Lena - 10-04-2015, 08:18 AM