the Rift

[OPEN] something wicked this way comes...? [Bloodfall report]

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai

From the vast, clear blue sky a bullet fell, faster in a nearly uncontrolled dive, and just as he thought the Sultana would smash into a sticky heap of broken bones, brain matter and scattered feathers she spread the vast wings and landed in the precious new grass. Even in the midst of his heart-throbbing panic and exalted state Cathun couldn't help but feel admiration and mingled envy at the expertise she showed in the air, the sheer power and agility she exuded as she hurried over, looking sharp and brisk just like a leader should. She was miles above himself in experience, maturity and skill, and with a renewed sense of self-loathing he recognized the possibility that she wouldn't approve of his decision to leave the battle without even attempting to lend a hand.

But that could wait until later. He turned towards her and hurried on with the report, words tumbling over each other as he hurried to get it over with.

"The Time God is battling a monster in a part of Helovia I've never seen before. Heck - sorry, ma'am - I don't think anyone has seen the place before, it was like it just appeared form nowhere!

"Ranjiri and.. I think it was that Aithniel girl, was there, and a whole bunch of others, and there were foreigners all over the place, and you haven't even seen people as strange as them before, ma'am! They were glowing and swirling and had all sorts of crazy colors and horns and wings, and I have no idea which side they were on but by the sound of it, the thing that was fighting the Time whatever is their GOD so I can't imagine that they'd take kindly to being ripped from wherever and thrown out here."

He had to pause and draw breath, afraid that what he was saying made no sense whatsoever but still struggling to convey the sheer madness of what he had seen. Fire billowed and swayed around him in tune with the agitated pacing, just as hot and restless as him.

"Anyway, the battle was still going on as I left, I figured it'd be best to let you know, to prepare or something in case it doesn't end well... There were a bunch of others there, like I said, I doubt I would have made a difference anyway..."

He breathed heavily, stopping in his tracks to look at Megaera, as if to seek assurance he wasn't sure he would find. The words that steely unicorn bitch had shouted after him still rang in his ears, hot and furious, scornful at the cowardice of running in the face of a battle.

Was he even a man, if he didn't fight? Was that all there was to being one? If so, she'd had more balls than he did.

@Megaera

Wonder Why A Lone Wolf Don't Run With A Clan
only Trust Your Instincts And Be One With The Plan
Credits

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: something wicked this way comes...? [Bloodfall report] - by Cathun - 08-21-2015, 11:27 AM