the Rift

[OPEN] The Mountains Cage the Monsters In

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real

]The eerie stallion started towards a large fire pit that was in the middle of the of the patches of grass in the Basin. He was bored and needed something to do so the ghostly stag decided to clean up the fire pit he had been using. Nox snapped the permafrost underneath his weight, but the warmth of Birdsong was starting to show its face and he happily flicked his tail as he started moving the heavy stones that kept the fire from spreading from his dirt pit. As he moved the stones over he thought it would be nice to be in the company of someone, but he enjoyed being alone as of right now. When he finished rolling the first stone to the edge of the woods he began with the next one, there was about twenty more heavy stones  that had to be moved before he could clean out the ashes and the burnt logs. His muzzle was soon cover in ash and soot, but the white ash was the only thing viable on the black stag giving him a white milk mustache that was not noticed by himself but that could be noticed by others.

He stood near the half cleared pit and took a breather as he hung his head low to smell the last bit of the winter. Smoke form a fire was the most common smell in the Basin to him because you had to stand near one to stay warm in the nights. All of that was going away and he would spend his first season of Birdsong in Helovia and he was actually happy about it. His gray dead eyes looked around him to see the mountains that trapped him in here like a prisoner. Or did it barricade the other deadly creatures out of the Basin. He wasn't for sure but he did plan to go out and adventure around a bit when he got a chance, but back to reality. The voices in his head talked to him in Latin tones and he just listened to  what they had to say about life right now. He started pushing out the rocks with his large crowned horns varnishing the small emerald with soot and ash. When all the stones were finally pushed out away from the pit he then had the task of getying them all back to the woods again. He took another small break with the ask milk mustache still over his muzzle."I wonder if there is any one around here..."" He questioned softly talking back to his voices in his head. He kinda hoped that no one was around so he could enjoy his time alone and catch up with the voices while they were not screaming at him to kill someone. He flicked his thick black tresses over the rocks to clean off some of the ash before he would start moving it again towards the wooded area where other rocks were.

OOC:: This is for Mortuus to meet
@Enn and learn a bit about mending while cleaning up a few fire pits in the Basin 
Image Credits!

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

It takes the sound of his voice, sharp and invasive within the stillness that had laced itself around you to bring you away from the consuming numbness inside of you. You do not know how long he has been there, how long you have been here, a slight shadow amongst the shadow of trees, evidently too small to be of any consequence. You suppose that much of your life could be considered the same in the middle of it all, so small and insignificant in the face of the world; and the same for the life of anyone else. How, then, how could someone do something that changed you so profoundly? When he had taken you, made you his in a way that no one had before, a way that you cannot fathom anyone ever experiencing again, touched you in ways he shouldn’t have (you tremble at the thought), he had broken something within you, taken something that you do not think to ever obtain again.

How, if it is all so terribly insignificant is it so detrimental to you? You suck back the moan that threatens to escape you, tumbling forwards before the tears can come again, into the sun and towards the unfamiliar man, unable, in the prospect of company, to stand the thought of being alone any longer. There’s something distant about you, even as you smile, as if your soul and mind are both a thousand miles away, leaving only the flesh of your body behind, bruised by the hands of a man you hoped to never see again. “Someone might have wanted that to stay there.” It is a murmur against the relative warmth of the wan sun, the sound of birds and life, suddenly too loud to be comfortable as it echoes in your ears. You pause a safe way away from the dark-skinned man, your eyes examining the broken ring of stone before resting on his large face.

@Mortuus Nox
sorry for the wait bb, been sick and blah blah blah

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
His eyes flicked up to the mare who just approached. Her body was petite, but he knew better than to judge a book by its cover. Her golden like eyes pierced like needles looking at the black stallion and he antlers crowned a skull full of thick hair reaching towards the ground brushing the dampened earth under their feet. Then she spoke, her words hit him like a thick shot of whiskey , they burned from deep inside showing the fire that raging from deep within the feminine form. He smiled softly hearing her spiteful words christening his black ears and he shook his head softly. His heavily crowned head reached to his onyx stone like legs to wipe off the ash from his muzzle to speak to the mare. He had to word his speech carefully with this little firecracker, he knew starting shit with a woman was a loosing battle. He planned as he looked to the sky flicking deep black tresses over his back as his dead, cold, stare meet the gaze of the mares. The demonic stag seemed slightly softer at this moment, he always had a better side for the mares. They were just easier to speak with and they really never were too cocky.

" It was the fire I my self was using. I would never break apart someone else warmth with out permission. ""He smiled softly as his deep Latin voice floated within the wind carrying his tones to her ears." I am Mortuus Nox, You may call me by Mortuus or Nox; it is all your choice. I figured i would start to clean up some of my mess, The site of burnt logs and ashes is not very present when Bird Song is creeping up on us. " He smiled softly again as he started pushing the other stones away from the pit. He did not expect the mare to help him one little bit, but her company was nice right now. It broke the silence of the whispering wind and the chattering trees. He wondered about the mare, who was she and he wondered what position she held within the Basin. He rolled the rocks further away from him and closer to the woods, but he kept his distance for the mare. He always tried to give then their space, because he does not really like others in his own bubble. His gray eyes looked up the the mare waiting for a response. In the mean time he kept himself busy with cleaning. He was never a messy type of person even though his mane and tail would spiral into some dread locks. He always kept his areas clean and the cave he chose was not too far from this spot, it was hidden in the woods. Even though his cave was easy access to walk into it was very hard to find. He hated the site of the ash and burnt logs every time he passed it, so he decided he would stick to his cave fire for now and clean this one up.

OOC:: Im sorry it took so long i started classes, and sorry it susck.... I will get better just got a lot going on! :(
@Enna
Image Credits!

You simply blink as he explains that it is the fire that he had assembled, gives his name and says that it is all your choice. You feel as annoyance creeps through your veins, your patience wearing thin for unspoken reasons. Maybe it is the way that he speaks, or the words that he had said, because none of it really matters, but your eyes roll in their sockets as he begins pushing more stones towards the treeline. “I don’t think anyone really cares.” You stare for a moment, walking on the fine line between leaving him by himself to seek out your own solitude and indulging in company. At the thought of being alone there is a distinct ache in your chest, reminding you, making up your mind for you right then and there.

So instead of unleashing the churning flames in the pit of your stomach, your black tongue, on an unsuspecting victim, you begin to help him clean up the little pit, following his lead, your daintiness proving far less useful at bossing rocks around than his comparative brawn. It feels like ages have passed by the time you have moved two and stop, unaware of how many trips the black-skinned man had made. It doesn’t even look any different, and the little patience that you had left is all but worn. With a huff, you idly knock your forehoof against one of the stones, ears tilting back slightly into the tangled mess of locks atop your head. “How did you make a fire anyways?” Your mind reaches back to the black and blue boy in the forest, amongst the snow and all the ill company, to the flames that erupted from him at his will. You look in the direction of the man, something like a sheltered hope igniting on your face. “Do you have magic?”

@Mortuus Nox

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
His deep gray eyes flicked back to the mare. She had the look of annoyance glazing over her eyes as he spoke, and at that he shut his mouth. If the fair lady wants to play a bitch, she just met the king of ass holes. His eyes would cut to the corners of his sockets as she would speak to listen to what the mare had to say. How sweet of her to introduce her self...not. Her words did not bother the stag though he simply ignored what she spoke. He walked over to a large rock picking the material up with his demonic horns and throwing it into the woods. His patience wears thin with a ornery woman letting his anger build up. He found a way to release it by throwing the stones instead of rolling them now. He found this to be much quicker due to placing them between his towering horns and chucking them away. Then his eyes caught the mare helping... Hmm so she will help him clean up a fire pit, but wont tell her name. She looked sour about the whole thing, her expressions were clear she truly did not want to be here. That was not his problem, some how raging bitches always found their way to him.. he was never the seeker of them. As far as he was concerned if she was going to bitch she can turn her pretty ass around and go right back the way she came.

The stones were now getting to the point to where there was only about five left and his large skull stopped for a second to look over the dainty creature. She held antlers on her refined skull, with long weeping hair christening the ground below her. Her words were never sweet, always bitter and stabbing into receiver. They cut into his ears live blades, but his pail eyes just gazed into hers with a cold feeling. They looked as if he were dead holding a postmortem feel at all times. They even had the gray tint a dead bodies eyes would get, they never sparkled nor reflected any light. They were hazy listening to what the sour little mare had to say next. She questioned in aggravation how he made it, but would he really take the time to explain? She wouldn't care anyways, then she asked about magic. Oh how this little mare was funny, if he even had magic he would find a way to not have to use it. He liked doing stuff for himself. His onyx forelock felling his eyes giving a ghostly feel to the stag as his Latin twisted words sunk from his mouth. " No, I made it my self with out magic. Metal stricken hard enough against rock will create sparks that will start a fire. " His words were simple and not too strung out. He simply answered her question and that is it. Then he got a little bug up his ass and asked her " Soo you seem so ecstatic to be near me, but what is your name? " He called her out in an easing way so she knows he sees that she is annoyed, but his tones were not sharp with her.

@Enna
Image Credits!

@Enna

“You will have to show me sometime.” Flat and passionless as it is said, you had never heard of his method of making fire, never even given it much thought. You had not needed such things in your life before the snow, before the chill that has seemed to seep into every corner of your soul, and even now there are those who command the power to simply make it appear. As he speaks again you laugh, the sound slightly more sardonic than you had meant it, the grin that lingers holding just a touch of warmth, an inkling of amusement. “And what makes you think it is because of you? Have you wronged me?” It is partially rhetorical, but the edge that you cannot remove from your voice somehow works to unsettle you further. Another day, another time, you may have pushed him further, pressing the buttons that you are sure are there, jesting with him whether or not he would be a willing participant. But your patience, your humor, once again wears thin, the spark in your eyes, that little glimmer of anger, of humor, of liveliness, fading with your interest.

“I’m Enna, one of the Menders, alongside Lena.” Perhaps the second part is not necessary but you inwardly shrug, taking pride in the one thing in your life that actually feels right; that is constructive and not a path leading to spiraling self-defeat. Everything else had gone up in flames—your heart, dreams, fears, aspirations—all of it dissolved in to ash, insignificant in its emptiness. Brows furrow once more as you look him over, swallowing hard as you fumble with questions in your head, not one of them producing more than an ember of interest, none of them something that you truly care to know the answer to. But the idea of listening to something other than your incessant thoughts is too comforting to deny, quickly forcing you to pick the one that would encourage him to answer questions rather than asking them. “Have you discovered what you want to do here?”

@Mortuus Nox

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
He smiled listening to her speak, she had a fire to her that kept him interested with what she had to say. He chose to smile softly and speak now that the fire was fully cleaned up.   " I can show you some time, thats not a problem.. and well I just did not want to bother you, with my conversation if you did not please to speak with me.  " He simply shrugged as he looked to the mountains that surrounded them. They enclosed in the unicorns of the Basin keeping the beasts away from the outside world. Perhaps it kept everything from the outside away from them, but what would they need protection from? I mean the Helovia could not be that convoluted, but what did he know about this new world.

His eyes drifted back to the mare as she began to speak again her name was Enna, and she was a Time Mender. How odd she was much different from Lena. Lena had a softer personality and will Enna was more like an iceberg. She seemed like the sweet mare from first look, but her personality blows up and proves to have a deadly like tone. She could be very misleading, but he was not to judge. Look at him he was a eerie ghostly stag that was never really socialized until he came here. He shook his heavy skull looking back to the mare as she spoke again asking him if he found a place here. " Well it is nice to meet you Enna, and believe it or not I have found my way into Mending. I have already met and spoke with Lena, but I am always looking to learn more. If you have anything you could share to help me grow, I am open to listen. Unless this is not a good time for you.  "  

He did not want to push anything on the mare, but if she spoke he would listen to what she had to say. He wanted and needed to learn from the Menders as much has he could. He really wanted to know everything, but that would not be possible for medicine is always changing. Maybe, just maybe she would be interested in sharing some of her knowledge. At this point he did not care if it was about herbs or wounds, even a sickness. Nox always was looking for opportunities to grow in this field so he can help his herd.

OOC:: Sorry this took so long and its crappy..... there has been a lot going on...

@Enna 
Image Credits!