the Rift

[OPEN] Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching]

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"I'm gazing upward, a world I can't embrace..."

A chuckle rumbled around the lavender flowers as Areli jerked her dainty head up in surprise. Silver eyes sparkled with glee as she sneezed and looked at him in confusion. He hide the sadness growing in his heart as he looked her over. She had grown so much in such a short time. She had filled out, her wings were much larger, ready for flight, and she had shot up. He surveyed her in brotherly way, trying his best to etch every last bit of her features in his mind. She was only a hand shorter than himself and he was sure she would surpass him in height. There was no hiding how beautiful she would turn out to be. She was so much more graceful than himself, leaning more towards Parelia than their father, Ciceron. He dropped the flowers and smiled warmly down at her. He stands proudly before her, bright sparkling eyes glued upon her golden gaze. His heart swelled with pride as he watched her trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. He realized how much he must have changed for her to look so confused. As the thought settled in a sharp jab of lose pierced his young heart. He had done this. He had left her; abandoned her. If he had staid there she would know him, and he would know her.

Laughter bubbles brightly from his chest as she suddenly comes to and starts rushing him. He braces himself and throws his wings wide. She barrels into his side his wings close around her his neck trying to cover her's. "Oh Are, I've missed you so much." His bass voice rolls from him in a whisper. "I love you so much Are." He smiled brightly and pulled his wings back to his side. "Look how much you've grown! Has mother taught you how to fly yet?" He beams down at her proudly his gaze moving to his charm around her neck. Joy rushes throughout his body; she had kept it. Maybe she didn't hate him like he feared. Relief then floods his heart. How could he feel so many emotions just from seeing and talking to his baby sister?

He laughs again as they turn towards the egg. Ears prick trying to catch every word she offers to him. "Slow down Are, or your going to have a heart attack!" Still chuckling he watches her then speaks again, "You never know what's in one until it hatches. It could be anything that our kind can have." He smiles softly down at her, that is, until a deep masculine voice sounds behind him. His ears flick back towards his skull as he wheels eyes searching for the source. If Ilios had been a coward he would have deflated and slunk back from the hulking black and white painted form. Since he wasn't the colt bristled for a moment, until he glanced at Areli. She was ecstatic and even know the stallion's name. He turned back just in time to see him checking Areli out. He puffed up his chest in aggravation at the brash move. Areli was much to young to be chased after in such a way. A snort ruffled his large nostrils.

He turns to Areli as she asks about someone else, or was it a companion? He didn't know and really didn't care. He longed to ask how she knew this brash brute. Grudgingly the young stallion turns toward the other, "I'm Ilios by the way; Areli's big brother." He is careful to put emphasis on the 'big' part. Silver try to meet scarlet attempting to silently tell him to back off of his sister. Satisfied the stud turns to watch Areli touch the egg. He steps forward lowering his horned head to look at it, trying to share her interest and push nasty thoughts of the other away. Then a small crack appears followed by more. "Areli, don't worry, it's hatching." He whispered transfixed on the breaking egg. This was the most magical thing he had ever witnessed. Just as the last crack happened he looked at the smokey blakc and golden girl. The look on her face mesmerized him completely.

I L I O S
My heart's an endless winter filled with rage...
image credit

Tags; @Volterra
Words; 702
OOC;
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Messages In This Thread
Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 08-21-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 08-21-2015, 04:28 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 08-26-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 09-03-2015, 04:36 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 09-03-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 09-05-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 09-21-2015, 03:37 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 09-22-2015, 02:50 PM