the Rift

[OPEN] Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching]

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?

Though your heart may be soaring, the same can’t be said for the gooey creature that’s writhing less than gracefully at your hooves, mewling in the most pathetic of tones. Bits of eggshell and dirt stick to its wet body, and its fur is the color of sand and stands on end in a random and chaotic fashion, as if it had been ruffled by a giant invisible tongue. It’s a messy scene, but you don’t care. Fascinated, you watch the thing squirm onto its belly and inch toward you as if pulled by some magnetic force. Its eyes are still sealed shut, but slowly it crawls closer, movements jerky but deliberate. Instinctively, you reach down to touch it.

The second that skin touches skin, your world changes forever. It’s an indescribable feeling, but as soon as your muzzle meets fur, you’re suddenly filled with an inexplicable knowledge. For a chaotic instant, your mind seems to be in two places at once, as if a tunnel has shot back into the dark recesses of your brain and connected to something other, something that you know without explanation is this creature. A she-wolf, in fact, a feeling prompts you unbidden. A little female wolf pup is the miracle you’ve watched unfold.

So wrapped up are you in the hatching that you don’t notice any of the testosterone-fueled clash between your brother and your friend. It all goes right over your head—the clipped remarks, the dominant posturing, every lecherous glance that Volterra shoots your way. Even if you had paid the pair of boys any mind, the whole thing still would have meant little to you beyond its value for attention. Only a yearling, you are too young to understand the lust you will one day have the power to arouse in the hearts of stallions. Your lithe body may have grown, but the slender frame is not yet mature enough to support the weight of a lover, much less a life. It will be at least a year before you will understand the large colt’s intentions, and perhaps several more before you will appreciate them. For now, you remain blissfully unaware, shielded from the tension by the innocence of your childhood and the excitement of your companion’s arrival. As the colts size each other up, your focus remains on the tiny life before you. “Hello,”, you breathe over her, brushing your muzzle along the pup’s back, smoothing its flaxen fur. Is she really yours? The new tingle in your heart and mind leaves no room for doubt, but the feeling is so different that it will take some adjustment.

“What is it?” the towering black colt inquires, finally interrupting your distracted silence. “A wolf!” you reply incredulously, nosing the squirming body. “Just like…” you realize, widening your eyes at Ilios. Wordlessly, you dip your chin to the glass pendant he once gave you, where a similar golden wolf dances. Whoa, you murmur, golden eyes blazing like stars in your dark face.

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme

@Ilios
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 08-21-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 08-21-2015, 04:28 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 08-26-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 09-03-2015, 04:36 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 09-03-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 09-05-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 09-21-2015, 03:37 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 09-22-2015, 02:50 PM