the Rift

a lost bird [joining]

Ria Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
There was blood staining a sharp, hooked iron gray beak. Yellow talons shifted, digging in long black claws. The winter winds were chilling, and Ria sought to find someplace to nest down, maybe find a horse who would protect her, unknowing of the mercenary's nature. She was a mercenary, but unbeknownst to her, she was about to join a herd. A sleuth, a spy, a hawk in the shadows. The jagged beak clicked, and the regal head swiveled, haughtily taking in her surroundings. Not her favorite place to be, but better to be in the home of equines than the be-damned skyrats' or horned savages' territories. Another foul wind blew, ruffling her dark brown feathers that glinted with gold around the edges. She extended her massive wings, equivalent to a small pegasus'.

There was blood on her reputation, untold stories of war in her sharp yellow eyes. She was a warrior, no good girl gone bad, no evil spinster sitting in a web. In truth, she was one of those rather heart-breaking cases; where so many lies had tightened a sharp net about her, and no longer does she dare to trust, to love, or even to hope. So she justifies her rage and fury, longing too, by her hunger, by her powerful attacks on any who oppose her.

Ria needed a home. Even if she was a lone bird in a heap of ugly horses.

{{OOC}} I was wondering if she could be 'forced' into the herd by someone?

Zamoro Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Zamoro climbed through the hills, that surrounded the beauty of snow. It was cold, he felt the icy wind bear against his seal brown hair. His mane softly trickled flowing through the soft freezing wind. He trotted through the sided small path, as he paced himself slowly. He put his ears down, to keep them tucked away from the dead icy wind. As he continued curious, yet grumpy of the coldness. He found himself walking upon the same tree's of which he passed through on his first day. Under the bared tree's he walked, and quietly stood there. Attempting in most cases to get small shelter to cover him. He felt the wind blow right through him, making him shudder, shaking the small frost off his black mane. He shifted, noticing in the corner of his eye from above. Lye a sharp eagle of a beauty. Noticing it, Zamoro shifted and looked up saying jolly below. "Hello."

Unregistered
Ria's wicked beak snapped shut, and her hawks' eyes sharpened with distrust at the sight of the horse wandering below her. The form was a dark, rich brown, with faded lustrous golden flanks, an equine. Not too low on the food-chain, certainly not worth attacking. Yet. Ria ruffled her wings, taking a side-step on the thin brown branch. The wind moaned, sending the tree's bare, cracked gray-brown branches cackling up against each other.

"Hello," The stallion announced his presence to her, looking up. Scorn dripped from her words as the Wedge-tailed Hawk replied.

"And just who are you? A bumbling idiot wandering through the valley? By God, pathetic horses are little better than skyrats," Ria's gray beak clicked, and her talons tightened around the branch, gouging deep tracks into it.

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily

Solstice& Azale Moniet
No bond is ever stronger, than that of a Mother and her Children

"And just who the HELL are you, to be speaking in such a rude manor?" Just like that, the no longer pregnant Solstice and her newborn daughter arrived back in the Foothills. She dipped her head to the stallion already present, the smell of the Foothills was already clinging to the newcomers coat. However her hazel eyes were focused on the birdbrain.

Azale in the mean time was curious. She stretched her first set of spotted wings out, followed by the pair that was only one-fourth the size of the first. She stuck close to her mother's side, her pure white coat almost blending in with her mother's ivory patches. She would shift her small legs one by one, the rose gold vines catching the sunlight every now and then. Her orange eyes looked to all present curiously.

Solstice could not help but break her gaze at the bird, feeling her daughter moving at her side. Gently she nuzzled the filly's neck and whispered "Be still my little one, we will settle in soon. We are home." After all what kind of mother would she be to send her newborn off into a herdland she did not know? There could be more of these rude birds about, or worse yet.... anyone who did not like pegasus.[/align]

"Azale speaks"
"Solstice speaks"

Unregistered
Ria squawked furiously, spreading her wings and glaring at the idiot who dared to challenge her. "Ha! You call me rude, sassy mare? Fine, fine. I'm sorry." The hawk spits the words from her mouth, yellow eyes glowing in fierce contempt. "Now that we've settled our differences, I've come to offer my help to this herd." Herd of dumb asses. Ria thought furiously to herself, ruffling her wings indignantly. Despite her vision, she could hardly tell the horses apart. They all looked the same; spotted or bay or white or yellow and white. She hops from branch to branch, until she lands on the ground, snow crunching under her talons. "Look, missus, I am sorry. I simply mean to... find sanctuary for the winter and thought" Wrongly. "That you would welcome an innocent bird into your midst." Ria didn't smother on honey thick to her voice. They would accept her as she is, or they wouldn't. If not, she could fly south and chase down those delicious mice and rats alone for the winter. But it would be so much easier to stay and do errands for a herd.