the Rift

[PRIVATE] dragged and washed with eager hands

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

That’s where I found Orsino! I had to trick a raven.’ You follow his gaze to the small glade, your heart curious, starved for the knowledge of the world and its mysteries. “That’s very impressive.” You smile then, a challenge laced within the little thing as he winks, your eyes narrowing ever so slightly as you look back upon his dark face. “Ravens are said to be exceptionally clever.” Whether he would understand and indulge your lust for knowing is anyone’s guess, but before you have time to continue he asks something of you: ‘What do you think of the forest?’  Forests had always held darkness and the unknown for you; they were forbidden and all too dangerous, hiding things that could swallow you whole without a second thought. You blink, examining the boy with a peculiar look, surmising that telling him of these fears would provoke a less than savory reaction.

Instead you try your best to look as thoughtful as possible, trying to cover the doubt that had seeped into your heart. “There was one near the sea, where my brother and I grew up. Ama never let us near it though.” For a moment your expression turns to something wistful, something hurt – as if you had touched on a memory, while cherished, something that you hadn’t visited for years, even though he has never been far from your thoughts, never strayed from that corner of your heart that you had built just for him. It is only a moment before the same easy smile makes its way back to your face, disguises the things that could so easily break you.

“He used to tell me stories about the terrible things the shadows hid…” Your smile skews to a smirk, something mischievous sparking in the depths of your eyes, as if daring him to delve into the possibilities that you have harbored all this time. “I used to be afraid of it.” Even now, you still are. But your fear is almost non-existent next to him, nothing more than a skin that you have shed, as easy as a chameleon changes its colors, his brazen and unabashed excitement and bravery breeding boldness into you where before nothing but weakness existed. At least, that is what you would like to think. It would be a lie to say that you do not like the way that it feels to be near him, the way that you are somehow different, better, the way that he is different, in such a good way, from everyone else that you have ever known. And all of this, all of these things you keep secret, afraid to ever let him know.

@Erebos
im so sorry for the wait/quality heather
been sick so, you know, fun stuff.
they'll be quicker/better in the future <3

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
dragged and washed with eager hands - by Erebos - 08-21-2015, 05:28 PM
RE: dragged and washed with eager hands - by Enna - 08-30-2015, 07:01 AM