the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gather round the hole

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

Candles lit up the room, drew curious shapes in the shadows that bounced of the Wall of History. Maren sat there in her halo-light, gaze glued to the Wall’s potential secrets like in the modern time a kid would look at a TV screen. But the pupils in her eyes were constantly moving, kept searching and searching for connections between the semicolons and etchings. Her mind was drifting through universe after universe of endless puzzles and exciting riddles. (Yes, the Heart Caves were a magical place). The smell of the cave was musty and the air thin, as always, but she did not mind or care. Whenever she came here to put her eyes on the sacred inscriptions, time would be lost to her, for she needed to know everything. She hungered for this wisdom, this science. For she knew the path she walked was in reality so fragile and worthless, so easily turned and rearranged. But this… These written-down pieces of history were something so unbelievably real and confirmed... — There is so much worth in them, so much knowledge… —

Her nostrils trembled as she suddenly turned her winged head to the entrance of the room. From further down the cave she heard the shifting of feathers, the echoing of hooves on the ground. Someone was in the Sanctuary.

Immediately she interrupted her studies and walked up to the entrance of the rotunda where she took a halt. Her eyes lay on the boy that had fallen into her vision, and for a moment she simply stared. In all their feathery stillness, her wings lay quiet on the air next to her alabaster cheeks. Then, suddenly without apparent reason, a frown appeared  — looking almost confused.

“We… were patrolling?” she blinked her long white eyelashes as she spoke in her outlandish tunes. “Are you Ilios or Cathun?” she asked, puzzling.  —No, wait. I have seen Cathun before, and she had seen his failed attempt at becoming the new Edge King: A slightly embarrassing memory. She looked forward to meeting the boy. 

“Ilios,” she concluded in a whisper accompanied by nod as she finally started to approach him. His coat was light and bore interesting earth-like markings while he was both winged and horned. He was an interesting mixture of DNA. “Greetings, I am the Diviner, Maren.” And she followed his eyes that were admiring the scenery earlier. “Have you been in the caves before?”

Maren
FORGET ALL I'VE SAID AND HOLD ON TO NOTHING

yewrezz | x x | larfsalot
on deviantart

Sorry that I couldn't conclude Nasreen into her post! ; A ; It would just be too typically Maren to already be there, drooling over that stupid wall. :C

@ILIOS
@NASREEN
@MEGAERA
@CATHUN
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Gather round the hole - by Ilios - 08-22-2015, 04:40 AM
RE: Gather round the hole - by Nasreen - 09-04-2015, 05:59 AM
RE: Gather round the hole - by Maren - 09-09-2015, 05:12 AM