the Rift

Riding the Winds

Crystarius Posts: 13
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
So much had changed in such a short amount of time. I had been born and raised in the Rift. Later, I had even become a victim of my family's arrogance and desire for power. Their discovery changed me and the rest of the warriors. I had been spared at first because they hadn't wanted to experiment on their beloved son if the red stuff turned out to be toxic or something. To their delight, it hadn't been. Instead, it granted immunity to mind control magic and massively enhanced strength and senses. Highly desirable traits for warriors. That's all it took before they started me on the red mineral, too.

That was before they realized that it was alive. And addictive. And likely to turn us all into crystal behemoths. That was all it took for me to quit. The crystals had already begun to grow through my dark skin, lining the rest of my pelt with red cracks. But I wasn't a monster, not entirely. I hadn't lost the stallion that I was before the red stuff, not yet. Quitting the red mineral, however, meant leaving my family for good. That was big change number one.

Upon leaving, I intended to put as much distance between me and them as I could. With tired and aching muscles, I found myself in the Blood Falls. That's when old winter came at me - terrorizing the way he always did. With his rancid breath in my face, his teeth and acidic drool mere inches from my nose - my whole world changed. Just as I thought I was about to die, I was granted a second chance. Sort of. This place... Helovia, was it? Helovia was another land, ruled by gods. Another place to be made miserable by power hungry beasts. What's worse? I come with a deep disadvantage: my addiction. The withdrawal symptoms had begun before the battle with the corrupt bear but the fight itself had been enough to keep the desire at bay.

Now that it was over, the adrenaline faded from my veins only to be replaced by the need blazing and spreading quickly. My whole body aches, though nothing could compare to the pain pounding in my skull. Sweat beads and rolls down my neck and sides. My nostrils flare with each quick and shallow breath. The shard hanging from the chain around my neck only adds to my agony. It practically sings to me, soothing and haunting all at the same time. A groan rips from my chest as I force my limbs to move me towards the red liquid pooling at the base of the falls. I had hoped the change of scenery would be a good one. That maybe the water would calm me or distract me but the color merely acted as a deadly reminder.

I stood, red eyes staring into the pool, vaguely aware of the presence of others nearby. After several long moments and several forced deep breaths, I had calmed the desire and it's irritation raging inside of me. Only then did I take notice of the voice, though I honestly couldn't tell you what was just said - only that something had been said. I turn my head then and my red gaze drifts to the pair. One, the glowing and star-dusted girl, quickly drew my attention. She wasn't from here either, I could see it on her face. She is just as lost as I am. The other, a stallion of earthy tones and a sharp horn upon his head (the speaker, no doubt) . "You talk too much." I say, my words clearly directed to the male. My voice is rougher still than it used to be. Edged from the strain of fighting off the withdrawal symptoms. It didn't help either that exhaustion was likely setting in but I couldn't sleep - not now. Instead I snort softly, allowing my gaze to drift to the young mare. Her glowing self softens the grumpy edge right off my face. "I'm Crystarius." I offer simply.

I don't say much but I'd never been all that chatty. Besides, the other guy had already done enough talking for the two of us.

CRYSTARIUS

@Seren <3

Tagging is preferred

Permission for all except death and/or dismemberment
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
Riding the Winds - by Seren - 08-22-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Caenan - 08-22-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 08-23-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 08-26-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 09-03-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 09-26-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 10-24-2015, 11:28 PM