the Rift

Riding the Winds

Seren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SEREN
interstellar
The crimson light shimmered all around her, and while it was eerie at the same time it was soothing to her ruptured mind. In that fight she had been lost, and she was still sore, with skin a little puckered here and there from the burns of the blood, and her eye... across her face the one dark hair was white, thin, and one of her eyes was still a little swollen as the flesh healed, but the eye itself was dark, the pupil clouded over and her vision was gone, and that eye did not move like the other. Seren had lost her sight in one eye, she didn't think it was something that would simply heal in time either.

Perhaps it was part of her penance. Perhaps not, but it did not concern her. She was here, alone, for no longer. A voice was nearby, coming from one who was the colour of the rich earth beneath hooves in a wonderful place, with a horn rising from his head that curved backwards. He was so different to her, so much richer in his colouring while she was simply vibrant, and indeed, when he spoke there were numerous words, much was said by him as he spoke. Seren listened and watched him out of her working eye, her skin tight over her taught muscles, tensed and ready to run should she need to.

Old habits die hard.

When he was finished, she realised that she and he were no longer alone. There was another one, and this one gave his name - and how it matched his appearance. Seren's eye looked over to him, seeing his black frame with red crystals growing from his form, shining in the red light. He seemed to be a part of the landscape in some manner, and yet she felt less fear from him than she did from the stranger but only because she knew he too, was from the sick world that had ruptured.

"I..." she begins, her voice brittle, and fails quickly. Seren took a moment to find herself, her courage, and she lifted her head a little, trying to appear although she wasn't ready to jump out of her skin. "Burned. He burned me with his blood. I rose against him and I paid with part of my vision, it always comes down to that... whenever I try something, I fail," she says, her voice cracking a little. "No matter where I am..." she adds on in a quieter voice, trailing off.

"I am not a fighter. She was once, when she was little but she was crushed and I took her place... I just wanted to help, destroy the god who ravaged us in that place," she says looking over to Crystarius. "He was terrible!" She says, looking at him although she were imploring him to understand, though he most likely did.

After a moment of silence, she says, "My name is Seren... " She says, giving her name to them both, and she finds herself calming a little by the presence of the red crystals, by his strong presence there near her, and the unicorn who spoke words she had believed she would never heard again in her lifetime; praise.

She is silent now, nothing more to add, but Seren is glad for the distraction to the pain that had begun to grow beneath her skin up her face and around her broken eye - and any distraction was good now.

@Caenan @Crystarius

Messages In This Thread
Riding the Winds - by Seren - 08-22-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Caenan - 08-22-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 08-23-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 08-26-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 09-03-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 09-26-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 10-24-2015, 11:28 PM