the Rift

Riding the Winds

Seren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SEREN
interstellar
Seren looked about - and was met by a wall of black through one eye, unable to use it. She was barely even aware of how it might appear, and yet across her body she was broken, the burns seeping despite them beginning the touch of healing. Yet even as she stands there with her head down, her gaze stuck looking down at the ground, at the moving water and the brilliant blood red colour that gave everything such a strange appearance here, she heard his words.

Somehow they pierced the fog of her mind, and her head lifted up slowly; her silver eye fixed on him, the one with the crystals so matching to the glowing around them, and upon her lips a small, sad smile appears there. For a moment she remembers her younger self, brash and full of life until that terrible day, the day when she had learned that the world was not hers, not in the slightest - "You.... you speak words my younger self would have heard and ignored, but words she should have heard," she says, even her voice quiet yet so poignant.

Seren manages to move, ignoring the pain that reached across her, and she manages to stand up a little straighter - and across her was the bears hide, won in the fight. It was a consolation to her somehow, and it laced hope into her heart.

"He is gone. We're free," she says, closing her eyes and letting the moment rush over her. "And thank you but for the moment I will let it hurt. Pain is a reminder for her, for me, but perhaps it will teach me... something..." she says, with a grimace as she moves a little. She still feels the misery in her heart hanging there, the tendrils of fear wrapped so heavily around her that struggling out of them was so difficult; but she tries - how she tries.

"You were in the Rift as well, weren't you?" she suddenly asks. She lets the pain keep her awake, keep her alive - and she wanted to talk. Words were distractions to the world, and Seren had not spoken with anyone in such a long, long time... stuck in that place and left to her own mechanics, she had fallen into her own little world until the Rift opened - and here they were...

@Crystarius - <3 I adore him just so you know :D i think Seren secretly does too... shhh :D

Messages In This Thread
Riding the Winds - by Seren - 08-22-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Caenan - 08-22-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 08-23-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 08-26-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 09-03-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 09-26-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 10-24-2015, 11:28 PM