the Rift

Like mother, like daughter

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
PRIVATE THREAD.

Confutatis
You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down / Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground / We are the jack-o-lanterns in July / Setting fire to the sky
The Threshold of Helovia beckoned to her.

Dark pines were a familiar and stagnant silhouette on the horizon, eventually giving way to less-than-tidy underbrush and tangled aspens. Sunlight dripped like honey from between verdant leaves, pooling in the earth's hollows and the divots of Confutatis' scarred spine. Against her time-worn bones, the warmth was as breathy and soft as a lover's caress -- if her lover was not Tyradon. It was a welcome warmth, one that conjured up visions of peace and sanctuary, and she languished in it, as if these brief moments could make up for a lifetime of war. Serene as the scene was, it could not remained untouched by her necromancy.

The flowers around her, blooming red and gold and blue and violet, withered and shrivelled around chipped hooves; and as she watched them, curling in on themselves and browning out, something lumpy grew in her throat, something softened in her chest.

I'm old.
Or at least, she was getting there.

A heavy sigh clawed up her throat, tearing free from between stained teeth. Her ears flickered, sliding back; her eyelids slithered shut over cataract-veiled orbs. As she fell into darkness, there was the familiar, twisting sensation as she took up residence in Mongrel's cranium. When she opened her eyes again, the world was skewed around her into something large and shadowy, grey and gold.

Find her.
They began to move together, leaving behind Confutatis' body. They traveled forwards, south and east, west and north, hunting for their lost someone. It wasn't too long before they found her: their skull-faced daughter.

Mongrel barked, once, twice, at the dark young girl, and then Nymeria began to follow.
Join the Regime.