the Rift

[PRIVATE] Family

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
You feel your heart squeeze in your chest when Knox talks about Archibald, about his first child being born and dying before it even had a chance at life. You don’t know his brother, but you still feel for him. Tears gather in your silvery eyes and they slowly roll down your cheek and drop to the ground. You can only imagine the kind of pain his brother must have felt and you wonder if its like the pain you felt being abandoned by your father and losing touch with your siblings and mother or if its a totally different kind of pain that rocks you on a deeper level. A kind of pain that tears you apart and leaves you little more than a shell of what you had been before.

Knox says he wants what Archibald had and you don’t know what to say. But then he clarifies, he says that he wants to see his love walking the earth and … it still leaves you speechless. What do you say to someone who openly confesses that they wish to have a child? What did having a child prove? You suddenly found yourself wondering in a shocking display of bitter pessimism. Your father had children and he still abandoned you and your brother, your sisters, and your mother.

He continues speaking and you remain silent and it kills you when he brings up Dovev’s confession of love. You don’t want it to hurt as bad as it does, but it hurts you. He says he doesn’t know if he would have been lying had he been the one to speak those words but it doesn’t help the bitter hurt. He presses his forehead against yours, just below your horn, and you sigh shakily as he says he needs to find out. He needs to know.

What would he have you do? Bear a child for him so he can see if he loves you and the foal?

”Knox…” Your voice is shaky as you speak his name. ”I don’t… what …” You want to ask him the question that you wondered when he first told you that he wanted to see his love walk the earth. ”Having a child… it doesn’t prove that you love someone.” You finally whisper. ”My father had four of us with my mother … and he still abandoned us.”

____
flashback

For a moment, just a moment he is Knox and you smile because you're so happy that he's back. His ears even fall and you feel hope bubbling in your chest because he is listening and he is thinking. You hope shatters, though, when you speak of a future family and his body shifts. Your eyes are wide and you find yourself taking a step back when you are faced with Dovev. He is one that you rarely see but he frightens you more than any of Knox's other ancestors do.

He shouts and you flinch like you've been struck and, perhaps you have. Does he not consider you his family? Are you not important enough to be? You've travelled with him for so long and for so far .... are you nothing more than a companion? Someone for him to speak to when he gets bored?

"A MONSTER LIKE THIS CANNOT BE A FATHER! AND I AM THIS MONSTER!"

"No!" You try to interrupt him, but he only continues to shout at you. As he continues you can see the tears and you wonder if Knox truly believes what it is that's being said or if it is purely Dovev.

"I AM THE MONSTER THAT YOU CAN'T FACE, AYLIN."

"And yet here I am!" You finally shout back because you want so desperately to be heard. "I'm here! I see you! I'm facing you! And I still love you..." You surprise yourself into silence and you stare, your emerald eyes wide as Dovev tells you that a monster kills his family. And a monster is a thing without love inside of him. "You're still my light..."

But you don't think he's listening anymore. You don't think he cares and it hurts you in a way that you've never experienced. You sigh and your gaze falls to the rain soaked ground and you wonder if its even worth continuing to argue with him because he's obviously got his mind made up.

"."

aylin
healing hands of love like the stars shiny shiny from above

Messages In This Thread
Family - by Knox - 08-22-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Family - by Aylin - 08-22-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: Family - by Knox - 08-22-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Family - by Aylin - 08-22-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Family - by Knox - 08-22-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Family - by Aylin - 08-22-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: Family - by Knox - 08-22-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Family - by Aylin - 08-22-2015, 10:59 PM