a day late and a dollar short

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

"RANJIRI!"

I could hear Megaera's voice coming from the direction of the battlefield and I turned and looked back in that direction. I really had no desire to go back to where we had laid waste to a god from another land, but my Sultana called for me and I needed to heed her call. I had turned back to Thantos, the dragon stallion I had followed once the battle had finally ended. "I have to go." I said and it occurred to me that I should probably explain a little. "That voice was my Sultana." And I looked back toward the battlefield again. "She sounds upset..." Obviously Cathun had made it and told her about the battle, so I was sure that she was upset because she hadn't made it in time to fight with us.

I turned and started to walk away then paused and looked back at the dragon stallion "You're welcome to come with me if you like." Then I was walking, slowly, back toward the battlefield, my wing dragging the ground beside me because I couldn't lift it. It was like dead weight attached to my shoulder and there was this fear that made me blood feel like ice in my veins because what if I couldn't fly anymore? What if my wing was completely ruined and there was nothing to be done to fix it?

What would I do?

My whole body ached, though, and I couldn't help the grimace that my face was locked in every time my wing bumped against rocks on the ground, or when what was left of my feathers would get snagged on sticks and twigs. It made me slow getting back to Meg, but when I got there I was surprised to see that I was the first one. "Meg..." My voice trailed because tucked there in her leather armor I could see the glint of my golden feathers. "...my feathers."

ooc://
timeline wise, this thread is before jiji was infected with boils.
post bear, pre-infection setting in

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
a day late and a dollar short - by Megaera - 08-22-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Ranjiri - 08-30-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Ilios - 08-31-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Ampere - 08-31-2015, 02:54 AM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Amani - 08-31-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Thantos - 09-23-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Megaera - 09-28-2015, 08:34 PM