the Rift

a day late and a dollar short

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
As the demanding voice of a female called out for my acquaintances, I hesitated to let them go alone until Ranjiri stated that it was her Sultana. Royalty? I knew that my slight protectiveness had no weight against the orders of a herd mate, much less that of a royal. As Ranjiri pulled away from me, her wing slipped from the support of my own and fell back to earth. There was one thing for certain, this mare was far tougher than she had initially seemed, and I was impressed by her loyalty to the Sultana that had called for her. Auds flicked forward at her invitation for me to join her, and as the pegasus mares left for the voice, I stood awkwardly to contemplate the possibility of following.

After a few moments, I followed after them quietly. At the very least, I had to make sure that they arrived safely without any risk of running into something dangerous again. By the time I caught up to the pair, they had joined a larger group than I had anticipated. Aside from Ranjiri and Amani, there was an armoured mare that poised herself with power, a young stallion that hovered around Ranjiri, and a rather loud mare that sparked. A single brow rose with minor surprise to see that every last one of them were pegasi, had I come across an exclusively pegasus clan?

I stepped forward quietly after Amani explained everything that had happened to the best of her ability, though she didn't say much as a whole. Yellow, dragon eyes studied the armored mare for a moment before I dipped my muzzle to her with respect. Her body language, the way Ranjiri stood near her, the armor, everything screamed that she was the Sultana I had heard of. There was a chance that this entire group could turn on me at any second, for who wouldn't be leery of a strange hybrid that just randomly showed up? My deep voice grumbled out, struggling to form words as though the dragon's blood in me wanted to suppress the pegasus blood and restrict my language barrier. Perhaps it was a sign of nervousness, perhaps a self-defense mechanism to appear intimidating, even I did not know or understand. After struggling through a rough growl of sorts, I finally managed to form some understandable words.

"Ssssultana should be proud of Ranjiri. And Amani. They are brave and strong."

My fierce gaze switched to the loud, sparkly blue mare. What a tiny little thing she was, she even made Ranjiri look tall, though that didn't stop the raw power that exuded from her. Was she like a chihuahua? Small yet feisty? "Your Time God claimed our lands were sick, claimed our magic was sick and ultimately claimed this land for your...Helovia. The Bear God is dead, Helovians and Rifters all fought. The Bear God was indeed sick, he didn't want to let us go despite having neglected his lands and people for centuries. I thought he had forgotten about us, to the point where I believed he was a legend. But he was tainted, twisted and changed into something full of greed and darkness. Your Time God saved those of us that made it through."

Messages In This Thread
a day late and a dollar short - by Megaera - 08-22-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Ranjiri - 08-30-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Ilios - 08-31-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Ampere - 08-31-2015, 02:54 AM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Amani - 08-31-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Thantos - 09-23-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Megaera - 09-28-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: a day late and a dollar short - by Ranjiri - 10-01-2015, 01:36 PM