the Rift

Fight or Flight

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
There's still a fire in my heart, my darling,
But I'm not burning for you

The feeling was dank and eerie, a cacophony of manic noises echoed in the background like a soundtrack to a horror movie, it played on constant repeat, as if a broken phonograph was stuck on the same part of a cracked record. She wasn’t quite sure where they were coming from and she certainly didn’t want to know.

That was the rift to Dacianna, a sick universe that repeated itself over and over. There were monsters here, monsters there and monsters everywhere.

Sometimes she tried to find solace as she remembered she was a slave no more and the gold mines were not her prison. Except, when she looked around, she had found freedom for a few glorious glimpses and then run headlong into her next cell. She couldn’t even compare it to hell, it was more like the domain for the mentally impaired and she had accidentally stumbled into it. Typical. Daci was an expert in finding new chains to wear, even the metaphorical ones. Still, she lingered here and there, helping where she could and avoiding the nasty looking creatures. However, the place she looked at now was odd, it was the rift but different. Like there was another world trying to invade somewhere, it changed the landscape to more of a waterscape, but the sickness still hung to its very fibre. It had been doing this for a while now, one could not really say how long in the Rift, time was distorted here.

A different noise broke through the eerie background wails and the roan raised her head sharply. Another creature? They seemed to pop out of the abyss endlessly roaring into the ill void. Her muscles stiffened and she tried to convince herself to stay away, that it was on its own, not hunting or hurting anyone. Her white tipped lids closed tightly over her gilded eyes as the many possible scenarios bombarded her sensitive mind. What if... But what if"Are you serious" she muttered to herself as she burst into a gallop and headed for the explosive sound of water, finally losing the battle with her conscience.

Her surroundings looked much like a sandy cove and, if not for the plague like rift, would probably be a beauty spot. There were no beauty spots in Dacianna’s rift. She didn’t even dream here.

Soon she caught a glimpse of a fleeing mare though her gaze was quickly drawn to the beast that chased her so rabidly. It was, in a word, quite disgusting. Sharks were not Daci’s favourite creatures in the world and least of all four-legged ones with blades for teeth. However, she didn’t have long to be disgusted when something weird and green threatened to catch the scaly mare and Daci’s thoughts reeled in panic as she urged her legs to go faster. "Come on" she pleaded to herself as the girl in front turned to face the shark head on and lowered her blade like horn. Was she going to fight it?! 

"No don't!" she screamed to the mare in hopes to grab her attention when she thought she had caught up enough. Determination set a grim line onto her lips and she tilted her head to one side to try slice (or at the very least get its attention) the monster with one pointed horn. She didn’t stop running, however. "Hey let's go! We can’t stay here" she urged the mare to follow through pleaded and breathless tones.

Let’s not die in this mad world.

[eeee nice opening post! :D I left the control of the monster up to you I wasn’t sure if you had a plan for it :3 <3 Let me know if there's anything wrong ^^]
@Aquila
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Fight or Flight - by Aquila - 08-23-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: Fight or Flight - by Dacianna - 08-24-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: Fight or Flight - by Mbizi - 08-25-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: Fight or Flight - by Gashad - 08-30-2015, 12:05 AM
RE: Fight or Flight - by Aquila - 08-30-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Fight or Flight - by Dacianna - 08-31-2015, 07:03 PM