Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
Make a space for my body
Dead or whole push this side apart
This is what I'm controlling
It's a mold, the inside that I cart

He had walked this road more times than he could count—east and west, across the face of Helovia, trudging across the open expanse of the Thistle Meadow to come to either the Threshold or the Edge. It had been many years until he had thought to stop in the Meadow and see what it held, who he could find, and what would happen; for a long time it had simply served as his highway.

And now it did again, because he was back in the Edge. Back where he had begun in Helovia half his life ago.

It was odd to think of, really. He had been a bloodied executioner on the run from those he had served, and despite having suffered the flaws of those ideals he had carried them with him—met the lady of the darkness and set up a sect to cleanse Helovia of the impure.

The hornless. And look at him now: King of the Edge again. No Plague. Mixed herd. The wheels had turned and spun and the circle come back to its starting point, but everything had changed. The premises were all different. As the ground began to gently slope up, Mau craned his head to look at his companion. A black stallion with a broken horn. Entia, here to give the Edge a chance to show its worth. A unicorn—about the only haunting element of his bloody past.

He didn't even know what he wanted anymore. What he wanted from his herd, from his kingship. He hadn't meant to become King here again, damnit—but Kahlua had chosen him, and he hadn't had the brains to say no.

Hiding behind racism had been so easy. It had given them purpose and unity, dreams of glory, a future, a path of blood and war to march proudly down, horns held high to the sky. What did they have now? What were they but just another stagnant, stationary piece on the face of Helovia? He had signed up for their wicked peace and now he was stuck in the face of that giant machine.

Early spring trees changed to evergreens, fog slowly claiming the horizon. The sun was slipping down behind the tall needle crowns, creating ghost-lights through their thick trunks and striking the broken glass wall with a soft, golden glow. Mauja paused next to it, waiting for Entia to settle beside him. "The Edge," he said, quietly, brushing his plush muzzle against the cold glass. "This is our official border, a remnant of a narrow-minded herd long since past. Watch the edges." And then, he stepped through the gap where a large chunk of it had fallen out, and into his woodland realm; beneath the last soggy slush of winter the moss lurked, and from somewhere further up the forest came the scent of brine, and the distant call of a lonely sea gull.

Home, he thought, stepping aside to let Entia through and peering at him. What would he think of it?

[ For @Entia to check us out, I'd love some company from another Edger though! ^^ ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Entia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Entia
we could write a bad romance
He followed the white horned king, trailing not quite behind him but close enough - he walked at his flank, keeping a respectable, personal distance but he did not follow like some line of sheep moving about the pasture together. Entia knew though, he was best to watch everything the king did; and so he followed him, moving from this place herein the entrance to the world called Helovia, a vast new place for him to get to know as he had once Liridon, and even Nocturne despite all of the terror that had come with it. Here in the world, he was a newcomer - he had not been for a very long time - yet now he was again.

There was no talking, no questions asked. All Entia did was follow along in silence, but he didn't mind the not speaking.

He was too busy observing everything.

While he came off as such a strange creature, bizarre words with what seemed to be a failure of respect for those around him, regardless of who they were (even gods) he was always watching and learning. It was something he had begun to do before his tenure as king of Ilir.

No thinking of Ilir now, he reprimands himself for letting those thoughts into his mind. He was too busy there for a moment, that he missed a few of the words that Mauja spoke. From behind him though, he followed almost the same pattern of footfalls and followed him readily, making sure not to step too strangely - and then he was through, behind the white king.

And for a moment, Entia wished that it wasn't so familiar to him. Deep inside his heart he felt that pang as he looked through the land, and came to realise now, with a sudden twist of his own features, how much the World's Edge appeared to be like Ilir; his Ilir.

Every minor smell and scent was starkly different, a brilliant contrast to what he had been used to, but the smell of the ocean and the woodland about him was the same. For a moment gone was the smile, the curiosity and replaced by the sensation of nostalgia, sadness and a longing for what once was.

Yet the past is behind him and cannot be changed.

He looked to Mauja, "I'll be sure to watch that entrance; falling down one cliff in a lifetime is enough," he says with a dark chuckle that does not reach his eyes. "And yet... is it strange to feel both although I am a stranger while some part of me feels this is... this is something like a home?" He says, cocking his head - more asking himself but none the less, the words were out there now.

After looking about, and seeing a few others littering the kingdom before him, Entia realised he was actually quite tense - and he relaxed himself, "I know a thing or two about narrow-minded leaders, indeed. Though, this is... well, this is far more than I was thinking it would be. I like it here already, and just on sight!" He proclaims, with a grin on his face.

He held the right to change his mind - but somehow, Entia didn't think he would be.

(@Mauja and anyone else who wants to join in! <333)

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
The Threshold seemed unnaturally empty after her mother’s departure. It should’ve smelled like spring—Nym could see the wildflowers blooming in the sunlight, bright pinks and violets—but all she could scent was her mother’s magic, the reek of rot and decay lingering in her nostrils. As snow melted around her and the earth grew wet and moist beneath her hooves, Nymeria breathed, in and out, until at last Confutatis’ touch faded. Smoky dust motes curled in around her. Sun kissed her hips and shoulders. 

For a long and deliciously warm moment draped in sunlight, the spider imagined a life without her mother’s schoolings.  What would I be? Who would’ve loved her? Her gaze strayed, roaming over snowmelt and fresh flowers and her mind rolling back—to Elsa, to Ampere, and to Hotaru, all proclaimed saviors who never did anything, never acted on their promises.

Lilómiel fluted wordlessly, his acidity neutralizing her bitterness. 
Thank you.

No matter her longing for something else, for something different, she was raised to obey. Choked and leashed firmly to Confutatis’ iron will, there was no evading the metal collar’s prongs tightening in on her neck. She had no choice—had no will. What she wanted was what her mother wanted, and to say her ambitions and hopes were what she was forced into… well, it was a lie. Like mother, like daughter; like father, like son. World Eater was chiseled into her, and there was no off-road-ing on fate’s path. 

Chance happened to be favoring her today.

They passed by her quietly, like two ghosts on a breeze, all monochrome and blue and red. With them came a smell of seasalt and sand, pine and moss; and one of raw wild and chopped rock, a smell like she herself had carried. It was more than this that drew her attention. It was Mauja’s way of moving, like drifting snowfall, and Entia’s scarring, his red eye. 

They were here and then they were going, and she was drawn to them like all manner of cliché sayings (what comes to mind is that of moth to flame.) Or, a starving Labrador Retriever baited with chocolate.

Nymeria took up a swift step, taking after them silently. Their pace was such she found it easy to keep pace, and retain her quiet. Each movement was taken with care, lest she alert the strangers to her presence; and she herself stayed a good kilometer back for them, instead using Lilómiel as an intermediary. There was a vague sense of irritation to his thought pattern, an erratic spike and surge of anger, but she ignored it in favor of caution. There is a purpose to this, she avowed to him as he flapped and flew and grumbled beneath his breath; there is something important to this. 

Call it a woman’s intuition. 

The traveling took up a good piece of the day, and by the time they began to slow again the sun was crawling down towards the horizon. Mist began to weave around dark and greasy tree trunks, white veils illuminated by a shock of sunlight. Dew glowed on cobwebs; the ocean rumbled in the distance. When she flared her nostrils, Nymeria could taste the salt, almost feel the ocean spray against her cheek.

Soft voices murmured across the dull forest, words muted by springtime growth. She hesitated, caught between curiosity and caution; to approach? Or to stay back, within her safety net? 

Forward, Lil prompted.

Otherwise, what purpose would there have been to following the stallions for so far?
And so go forward she did. Around mossy trunks and draping lichen she moved, soundless as a deer, before halting a mere twenty feet away from the two, obscured by woodwork. There she sat, patient, mute—watching and observing.

Nymeria & Lilómiel
Caught in the fire, watch it burn,
Ash to ash, now it’s our turn,
Take their kingdom down and smash it to pieces

image credits
@Mauja, @Entia

OOC: Please feel free to catch her spying! :D

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
OPHELIA
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget

Though this was her "home", she felt like a stranger. Thus, she rarely ventured deeper within the trees than was necessary. The Goddess of the Moon may be seen among her boughs, and Ophelia needed no more reason to be hated by the gods. She was the perpetrator of needless violence and murderer of her nephew and those she called her friends. The cold way the bodies were left still chilled along her spine, and she frowned, leaning casually against the dark, roughened bark of one of many trees. Her strange, dual colored eyes watched their land from here, Tinek's gaze reaching much, much further than her own. 

She heard the masculine rumble of two distant voices, one of them familiar and the other not so much. Mauja was here with another, then, and she pushed her body from the tree, curiosity ever the driving force behind her actions. Quietly, her cloven hooves depressed the ground, blinking her strange, dual colored eyes at this dark stranger. He was shorter than Mauja, but then again, most were. A broken white horn was on his brow, surrounded by a strange marking that illuminated his red eyes. Were she a paranoid creature (well, more paranoid), she would warrant a guess he was related to her father in some way.   

The body type was different though, and she walked forward, bowing her head in respect to the lead and his follower. She hoped that her appearance would not dull his enthusiastic views of the World's Edge, and she stood plainly, her lithe pale figure dipped in bloody crimson. Interesting that he called the former leaders of this herd narrow minded; she had always been confused by the wall, but Mirage had not been unkind to her - neither had anyone from this herd really. Except him. The irony was astounding, actually. 

"Welcome," she said quietly, her voice soft and feminine, belying a true spy and manipulator beneath her attractive features. At the root of nearly all Helovia's wars was Ophelia. Either she fought, her she had conducted the business to ensure the fighters. In that way, she was much like her father - a warlord in a much more subtle way. "I am Ophelia the Forsaken, Munnin of the World's Edge. Spy, if you will. Knowledge seeker." 

Tinek chirped from above, and she blinked, using their bond to look through his eyes. She recognized this stranger instantly. Her strange gaze fell to Mauja, seeking his crystalline blue eyes. "We are being watched..." she whispered, finding that her mental magic generally had no effect on him. Otherwise, she would have spoken silently in his own head. "By my niece, nonetheless... Tyradon's child. Or, well... One of them." Ophelia would let the lead decide what he wanted to do about the little interloper.  

Image by Twistyh-stock @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
[ Really sorry for the wait, been a few hectic weeks <3 ]

He wasn't sure what to make of Entia, and it was for all the wrong reasons. He was a charming stallion with an easy smile and curious attitude, but—and this was the reason it bothered Mauja—he looked like a villain. He was draped in midnight black, with a few white accents, and one red eye. He looked like he would be grumpy, or evil, hiding as many daggers beneath his smile as Mauja once had. (Well, maybe still did. He hadn't thought about it in a while.)

But never had Mauja caught a whiff of animosity from him, of evil plots and nefarious intent, of.. of anything but the kind of muddled hope people tended to bring into Helovia. He just seemed like a mostly content charming fellow at ease with his place in the world, curious about a new home, maybe a tad of longing somewhere in there to spice things up...

And that was what made Mauja uncertain. There was no obvious flaw. There was.. he almost seemed too content, and as someone who went around these days feeling like he had been turned inside out, had had salt rubbed in his veins and the inside of his skin flayed, Mauja couldn't trust it.

Finally, he revealed a hint of darkness, though, stating he had fallen down a cliff once. One of Mauja's 'brows rose, and he was tempted to ask about it, but he let it slide—for now—and besides.. either he had come a long way since he'd taken that unfortunate tumble, or Mauja could try and gut him right here, right now, and he'd still smile that charming smile and act like everything was alright.

So. Entia remained a mystery, and Mauja hated mysteries. They made him feel uncertain, like his own place in the world was coming loose.

It was, he supposed, why he clung to the ice cold of his logic and rationality so hard—because it made him feel safe. A false safety, true, but safety nonetheless.

"It is a home," he agreed quietly, watching the mist and the trees. Maybe it would seem cold and damp to some, but Mauja had spent so long here, running as a ghost through the fog, sunlight making him shimmer as it refracted in the water droplets clinging to the edges of his hairs... And Entia went on with a grin; it should've eased Mauja, breathed some warmth back into the cooling embers, but all he felt like doing was just staring at him. Somewhere, his expectations had fallen into the gritty gutters of dark bitterness, and the easy joy and curiosity was so at odds with it that it nearly gave him a headache trying to understand.

Fortunately, Ophelia saved him, in the kind of roundabout way that things always tended to happen. She greeted the stallion, introduced herself as a spy and knowledge seeker, and Mauja was tempted to just dump Entia on her and bleed into the woodwork until things leveled out in his head again.

But that would've been rude, and unproductive, and, well, all sorts of things. Besides, he didn't have much longer to entertain the thought as Ophelia murmured about being watched, by.. her niece? A daughter of Tyradon; one of two?

Who the fuck was Tyradon?

Irma?

The owl slipped down beneath boughs and needles, a white flash seeking Tinek, finding him, and then, the child herself; smoky gray with a white skull plastered on her face, eyes of beautiful red, and a black shadow-dragon skulking with her.

"Skullface?" he breathed in surprise, but—no, this was a child, a yearling. The Skullface he had met with, the one who had called him Fallen, had been a mare grown, riddled with scars, accompanied by a beastly hound. "Wait, no—that's not her." He glanced at Entia with a slight frown, then raised his 'brows in mild amusement—but he still didn't say anything. Part of him was tempted to put on some kind of scene, in case she was there to spy (why else lurk?), but... He couldn't think of what. So instead, he shrugged to them both and turned to stalk into the shadows, until he stood a few yards in front of her—unless she ran—and simply stared at her in curious silence with his ears forward.

Of course, it would be far easier to simply question her, but Mauja had always enjoyed .. testing .. to see what would happen when he did not behave as expected.

[ @Entia @Nymeria @Ophelia ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Entia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Entia
we could write a bad romance
While Entia stood with Mauja, taking in the new surroundings after having made his way along that rather treacherous path, the solitude here and the serenity really began to sink into his mind. It was so similar to Ilir, so much so that there was a little feeling of homesickness sinking deep inside him, and for the moment he was wrapped in his own thoughts.

And it was turbulent inside his head. He had not seen Mauja's expression though, he was too wrapped up in the way this world appeared to him.

He turned his gaze from here to there, and he walked a few paces about, inhaling and storing these scents, his eyes wide. When the moment settled though, and Entia felt the initial rush of adrenaline from entering the kingdom fading, he did feel the eyes and he turned his head, looking - but he was distracted quickly.

A flash of white, with brilliant blood red filled his vision, and he fixed his eyes on the unknown one, a mare with a long white horn and hair the ended in crimson, and brilliant eyes - Entia was momentarily startled by the similarity in his eyes to her own, one red and one blue but hers seemed different enough, while his own white eye was caused by the leakage of the white from his broken horn, suffered so long ago on a terrible stormy night. By her, with her, a little dragon flew, seemingly attached by some invisible strand of life to the crimson-touched mare.

Entia turned about and he in turn inclined his head politely to her as he listened to the words she spoke. He placed her higher up in the kingdom rankings though, she was not simply a fellow herdmate. In return though, he gives her a smile, a grin almost, while his eyes shone bright; "Pleasure to meet you, Ophelia. I am Entia; newcomer, et cetera... and may I ask, what is a ... munnin?" he inquires, tripping over the strange word a little.

Shortly after though, and he watched as Mauja moved. He was unsure of how to react around the white unicorn himself actually; he got the feeling that the sovereign wanted to ask him something earlier, but it had passed - for now. Yet he watched as he moved towards where the one who was hidden stood, the one whom Ophelia had pointed out.

Entia watches, his eyes shining - his expression calm but he was amused, wondering who it was who lurked there - "Oh, good, I'm not going crazy just yet then," he says quietly. There is so much for him to learn now; this even here was a little overwhelming. He barely heard what Ophelia had said though, but he knew it was something to do with the feeling of being watched. So he fell silent - not wishing to disturb them - but Entia watched with curiosity, standing with Ophelia and her dragon.

So much to learn... and it would begin by finding out who it was who was lurking there - and eventually, more words and conversations with both Ophelia and Mauja - all in good time.

[note] @Mauja @Nymeria @Ophelia Sorry for the delay <3 Anxiety, university and comms D: <333

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer

Lilómiel’s wings rustle and sigh, their hollow cadence an inutile complaint of his wearying temper. Her ears twist, flick, towards the sound, hardly audible and yet all too loud and out of place in the chill forest’s immortal silence; and her nostrils cusp, peaked ridges portraying vast disapproval. Why must he complain?  From deep within her temper rises, dark and foul, her ancestry’s  simultaneous gift and curse (determination and cruelty, all in one); and there in the dwelling of their minds, the overlap of him and her, she impresses upon him her weight, pinning him down, weighting each of his lithe limbs; and he fights, writhes, against her selfish constraints, snarling and snapping internally to no avail. Stop, he cries out—but she does no such thing, instead tightening her grip into a choke, and it is only moments ere Ophelia’s arrival that she softens her impassive control, lets loosen the tether between the two of them. 

The dragon makes no sound, nor movement, but he seethes, eyes glowing with vermilion violence and amber rage, each muscle locked in adamant obedience. While he does condone the hierarchy, and the order of things as were made in life, this, this raw need sowed in Nymeria (one which grows every day) has only ever chafed against his soul, has only ever acted as a noose would around his neck, one which threatens to, at any moment, pull tight. 

Together their eyes, quadruple, wrathful suns, are tugged towards the pale figure who appeared. It takes a second for Nymeria to place that pale figure, the marble shoulders and bloodied mane, the bicolored lenses; but only a second. Who wouldn’t know Ophelia, who had, at some point, become a legend, a figurehead?—the Forsaken, a distant story, an island unto herself. And her and Nymeria were related, if but only distantly; and a strange thought that made, the moment it crossed Nymeria’s head, because it reminded her that her bloodline was bred of heroes and gods and champions. That was always what Mother said, in her calloused inflections and acidic tones—that Volterra and her were meant to be legends, that they were born with blue blood running through their veins. Sometimes, it was just easy to forget that. 

Muninn, Nymeria’s aunt declares, and her silver dragon lets out a chirp, akin to those that Lil so often vocalizes. The daughter of the skull-faced and bone-painted (who was so different than all her ancestors and more akin to all of them at the same time) blinked, breathed, easing back a step as the Forsaken murmurs something indecipherable. Twisted up at the top of the tree Lilómiel watches, sharp-eyed and silent.

There is no sound as an owl, great and white, slips between the dark trees; and there is hardly a delay before said owl is right in front of Nymeria, golden-eyed and fierce. 

Nym’s breath seems to snag between her teeth, and she chokes on her own saliva. 

Sinews creak and groan as there is movement from those standing together. Betting on stillness over a swift escape, and hoping to go undiscovered in her utter immobility, Nymeria only breathes, heart thundering too loud in her ears. She isn’t certain how the denizens of this place treated children—but she did recognize that she had (to some degree, at least) breached thresholds of courtesy in what she had done. It doesn’t matter anyway. They wouldn’t find her (surely?); she had been so careful, so quiet. And, as it is written out, it mattered not what she hoped in face of what was, for blue eyes like chips of ice pinned on hers. Yet there is no word, and only repose; thenceforth Nymeria returned the favor in thick silence. 

Not for long.

How would you feel, if you were only a girl staring in the face of an old man with no words for you and judgemental eyes?
Victimized, perhaps?

Nymeria too. 
On his tree Lilómiel quivers in wrath and rage, burns and smoulders at the indignity, and flame licks up from his nostrils, plumes of smoke spiralling around his face.

There’s nothing she can think to say, so instead she asks the question bleating on repeat in her head: “How did you know I was here?"

Nymeria & Lilómiel
I'm a wanderess
I'm a one night stand
Don't belong to no city
Don't belong to no man

image credits
@Ophelia

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions