Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

and the water is risin' quick
and for years I was scared of it
we can't be sure when it will subside
so I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side

When she had been a girl, Megaera had always wished for the sky. She had watched, day in and day out as her father, his sons, and every single bitch of a mare in that herd had soared above the tundra while she remained on the ground. no sooner would new feathers grow but her brothers saw them plucked and scattered and hurt trapped. She and wished, wished with all her heart that one day she could fly, up and un and away in to the sky that had always called to her heart. Flight, when it finally came, had been independence, freedom, power. And each time she was in the air again it was like coming home.

So how could her daughter not want that? Now could she not feel so outrageously ecstatic that she’d also been given that gift? So maybe Mordecai didt need to escape, maybe she could function and live just fine on the ground forever but who could receive such a gift and not want to at lease know how to use it?!

When Mordecai twisted away from her Meg, let her front hooves smack the water’s surface with an angry thrash. “Ohara!” she shouted after the girl, trying to will her not to go any further. “Vo hrazef laz yoma evethiz, Not swimming, Nhizi, it is too far!” Though she struggled with the foreign tongue, Meg forced out as much as she could. Mordecai had always favored it so perhaps that would make her listen, make her understand.

"Can't make me.”

The challenge from the girl was almost too much and megaera lost control of her volume to shout at her. “Kirekhdirgi yer ahhaqat ahhaqat mhari? Why, Mordecai? I cannot understand why you are so angry! What are you afraid of?!” Was that it? Maybe the girl was just scared, but unfortunately that hadn’t occurred to Meg before she lost her temper. “Anha yeri mai! Why don’t you trust me?”

translations:
ohara - daughter
vo hrazef laz yoma evethiz - no horse can cross the poison water
Nhizi - raven (pet name for Mordecai
kirekhdirgi yer ahhaqat ahhaqat mhari - Why do you give me a headache?
anha year mai - I am your mother
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
nope. - by Mordecai - 08-24-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-24-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: nope. - by Mordecai - 08-25-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-25-2015, 06:31 PM
RE: nope. - by Mordecai - 08-25-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-25-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: nope. - by Mordecai - 08-26-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-29-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: nope. - by Einarr - 08-29-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: nope. - by Mordecai - 08-29-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-29-2015, 10:33 PM