and for years I was scared of it
we can't be sure when it will subside
so I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side

"Yer vo tawak mai!”

-

-

-

It was a dagger to the heart.

Megaera still struggled with the language but the girls meaning came through like a blazing meteor. In the seconds it took the mare to translate all her fire seemed to die. The fierce dark eyes dimmed, the wings that puffed when she was riled wilted and she recoiled like Mordecai had slapped her in the face. She could do nothing but stare.

Long seconds passed and the horrid words hung in the air, some fearful blazing sign that exactly what Meg had feared was coming to pass. On the day the Earth God had worked his magic, the warrior had been utterly terrified. The mare that had given birth to the Sunspear had been a hateful harlot and those that had raised her had been near as bad, so how could Megaera be a mother? If that was what she come from how could she be any better? She had felt so unprepared, so unsuited for the task and not because she had not wanted to help the child but because she had not believed herself to be good enough. The tiny black filly had been so new, so perfect and had deserved so much more than a soldier for a mother. And now Mordecai… Perfect, precious Mordecai, would not even look at her.

Because Megaera wasn’t good enough.

Not since she had been a child had Megaera ever wanted to run away, to weep, as she wanted now. How could that be true? How could Mordecai feel that way when all of Meg’s heart wanted to burst with loving her?

“No…” She made no move forward, and when she spoke it was barely more than a cracked whisper “Please…you know that is not true.” It was a plea, a prayer, if the girl denied her again she felt as if her world would shatter. “I have tried… you were not born of my blood but... but I have chosen you every day after that…. every day.”

"Because you are mine, you were meant to come to me and I was meant to be your mother. You have made me better and with my every breath I pray that I will be good enough to deserve you.” She paused to pull in a shaky breath.

“Mordecai, please….please tell me you know that.”

@Mordecai
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
nope. - by Mordecai - 08-24-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-24-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: nope. - by Mordecai - 08-25-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-25-2015, 06:31 PM
RE: nope. - by Mordecai - 08-25-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-25-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: nope. - by Mordecai - 08-26-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-29-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: nope. - by Einarr - 08-29-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: nope. - by Mordecai - 08-29-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: nope. - by Megaera - 08-29-2015, 10:33 PM