the Rift

Seeking Divine Approval [sun god]

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
[Image: tortable.png]
Torasin moved swiftly across the rocky bridge, Kiba flew on ahead scouting out the path up to the shrines. The paint hadn't come into contact with any of the gods yet and was rather nervous about meeting one of them. He flicked his tail as the land bridge came to an end and his hooves began the ascent following the young brown. It had taken them a while to find this island, Tor was keeping his eyes on the glowing rocks beneath as he carefully navigated his way along the narrow path.

Upon reaching the pinnacle, Kiba returned to his friend's side and rested on his back as Torasin peered at each shrine before finding the one he wanted. The Sun God. His namesake beat high in the sky and Tor wondered if this god had something to do with the heat. Clearing his mind he approached the shrine. "Honourable Sun God, I ask a favour of your divine powers"the golden paint stood with his head slightly bowed, waiting for an answer.

sooty-bunnie @ deviantart | george-kirk @ deviantart

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

For the most part, the God of the Sun had ignored his post at the Veins, content to avoid those other two vile creatures the world considered to be his equals. Of all the stupid and foolish notions. Any thing could clearly see that he was glorious. He and he alone controlled the ability of this land to sustain life, or so he believed. A subtle, nagging pull alerted him to the fact that someone wanted his attention, and his temper flared. What fool thought that disturbing his peace after his defeat was wise? Still... Might as well see what sort of fool was nagging at his shrine.

A bright, magnificent pillar of fire shot down from the sky and leaked over the side of the stone island and straight into the blue magma. The pillar descended and took the shape of the golden god, and his liquid, gold eyes narrowed on the creature before him. So far the stallion was not an entire loss to him; he was a palomino pain, light in color and seemingly bright. Though he was an outcast, his lack of loyalty to any other herd sponsored by his enemies weighed in his favor. The way in which the outcast addressed him was appropriate and the bow stroked his cracking, fragile yet giant ego.

"Are you a follower of the Sun?" the god asked in a voice as smooth and burning as a shot of Vodka. "Ask me what you want and I will see what I can do for you, though I may demand something in return. I may send you on a task." The god warned Torasin of the contract he could be signing with him, and the sun god shook his mane, sending a cloud of black, billowing smoke into the air.

Deceased
imi

Torasin jumped as the flaring fire flew down and molded into the form of the glorious Sun God. The paint looked up at the huge wings and for a moment wondered what on earth he was doing here. Kiba tweaked his mane, the little brown was conveying signs of fear and awe at the same time and all of a sudden Tor was glad he was not alone. Plucking up his princely courage, Torasin carefully addressed the Sun God's first question "I admire the sun a great deal, Sir."

Next came the real reason why he was here, pausing slightly to gather his request into his mind. Torasin spoke keeping an eye on the plume of smoke plummeting from his mane "I understand I may have to work for what I need... I seek a healing ability to trace blood flow and heal the three vital blood vessels of the body." As he finished Torasin wondered if the god would honour such a request, sweat was beginning to form behind his ears and between his legs as the heat poured out from the mighty presence.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

The Sun God was proud of this light stallion's courage, and he smiled kindly at the brown dragon upon his painted back. Brown scales wrapped in creamy mane. He was careful with his words, not wanting to devote himself fully, so it seemed. The Sun God narrowed his eyes slightly, not overly interested in those whose asses sat on the line and never crossed it. With a great sigh, he listened to the stallion's request. Where have all the warriors gone? Are there none who want great pillars of weapon-like fire? Are there none with fire coursing in their veins?

Smoke billowed from his nostrils as he snorted, and the Sun God flicked a spiraling tower of fire from one of his wings. "Healing with fire..." he mused. "I suppose there are more useless things to ask for. Fine. I will grant your request. But, you must do something to earn this... " The Sun God trailed, wanting to say 'pitiful magic'. "... skill. As you might have notices, my faithful servant, Ra, has been overthrown. I need you to go and speak to three individuals about the glory of the Sun and the strength of my powers. Do this, and I will grant you what you seek."

Deceased
imi

The paint listened to the God as he spoke his task for him. Kiba had shuffled his way further up his neck to peer through his lobes. He spoke of the fall of Ra and his quest to glorify the Sun God. Torasin thought about it a moment, since he had had a hand in the death of Ra he felt himself flinch inside. He now faced the prospect of carrying out the duty his old foe had.

Swallowing, he turned to the god "I accept these terms sir and will return to you when I have found the three and spoke of your glory and strength." He wanted to help his friends and if this was the only way then he would do it. Kiba took to the skies and he turned to leave.