the Rift

a virgin pure

Nuray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Cold claws dug into exposed, naked skin. The long and soft hair positioned on her hide did little to protect her from the lingering effects of winter's bite. Teeth clanged against teeth as shivers crept beneath her skin and settled into her bones. Shelter was nigh impossible to find. Like her body, the trees were bare aside from a few leaves that signified the coming of spring. A season which was not coming near quick enough. The land was a miserable blend of melting snow, mud, and other debris. Disgust made her nose crinkle as she lifted her head to the sky. 

In the moonlight the cream lady was highlighted: an ethereal entity born from another reality. Questions nagged the ignorant mare despite her protests. This land was not from any tale spun by a storyteller. Nothing was recognizable to her scrutinizing golden eyes. The darkness that blanketed the sky did little to help reveal her location, but the stars and moons were much welcomed company in these strange lands. 

Careful steps enchanted by otherwordly grace carried her forward. Mud and dirt clung to her long tail and gushed into her hooves. The lady blessed by the moon's elegance was appalled by her current condition. She had hardly been here long and already the land threatened to taint her presence. What she would do for a warm bath to stop her pitiful trembling and rid the filth that clung to her like needy foals. 

She detested this new land so, yet at the same time she could not hide her awe at the underlying beauty it possessed. The essence of magic was strong and intoxicating. If naught for the circumstances she would be admiring the ravishing mountains that overlooked her and the small signs of spring's early life.  Alas, this situation did not call for distractions. Dangers lurked in the wilderness, especially at night. The mare didn't know whether or not this area was truly dangerous but she couldn't afford to label it as safe. 

"What magic has captured me so? What ritual was invoked to summon me here?" Barely audible questions were quietly spoken to herself alone. Her chest heaved as a sigh forced its way out of her mouth.  She struggled to remember any clues to what sort of ritual, what type of magics, brought her to this forest. However there was nothing. Her mind was blank of anything about her journey her: her brain only capable of supplying the knowledge of waking up from a nice slumber to this strange new world.

Another tremble vigorously shook her body and she was brought back from her thoughts. Asking such questions would do no good if she did not soon find shelter. The wind that buffeted against her exposed body threatened to make her skin numb and raw. With a wary gaze studying her surroundings, muscles tensed and ready to spring at any sign of danger, she slowly made her way through the muddy earth that wished to drag her into its sick embrace.      

ooc;// come at me <3

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Again I found myself wandering back to the North, back home, with the comfort of the moon sitting high above me. Tingles of excitement passed through my red frame, slowly shedding out to show the shiny coat beneath the winter coat that had kept me warm and alive through the harsh winters the North has. Dark rimmed harks flicked back against my skull as I continued onwards, pushing through the slush that was slowly giving way to shoots of young grass beneath it while the bird of prey rested happily on my withers picking off clumps of hair that wasn't entirely ready to sever it's ties with my follicles. For some odd reason it seemed I would return home after another midnight visit to the wonderful door way into our strange land. A threshold that I had never used for myself, even when all seemed bleak here I had remained in the comfortable grasp of Helovia.

Once more mismatched limbs carried my sleek frame easily through the thick boughs of the slowly blooming trees. Guided by the moonlight there wasn't any need for the kite's eyes on this journey, to replace the moon eyes that decorated my otherwise plain features, so Edison sat happily on my withers napping now that he was content that my grooming was up to standards. Normally sightless pupils drifted side to side, watching as the moonlit trunks flew past me while I carried myself at an easy extended trot, content with the fact that I would probably return to the Basin empty handed once again. But at least I had been there when Deimos and the silver princess had been reunited at the entryway once again, it was always good to see families mended, even if I still had yet to actually go speak to my father. Or find my mother. Surely she would know that there was blood on my hooves and a life resting on my shoulders. I couldn't face her just yet, Sacre at least knew and wasn't judging me too terribly for becoming a murderer just like the good majority of unicorns. 

A flash of pale, pure white caught the corner of my eyes as I moved past a small clearing, distracting thoughts of murder and shaming of families, pushing them back into the recesses of my mind where they belonged. Red harks flicked forward once more while my path shifted to put me back to the clearing that had distracted me from myself. Once close enough I picked out the pale, moonlit shape of a unicorn that didn't quite look like most of the others that I had been able to see. Something about her stood out, maybe it was the sleek lines or the proud way that she carried herself, even laden with mud, whatever it was even I had to admit that she was stunning and looks tended to fall towards the bottom of my totem pole. I cleared my throat, coughing a little to alert the mare of my presence, not wanting to give the pale goddess a heart attack before she even had a chance to be worshiped in these lands. "Welcome to Helovia lady. I am Roux, and this is Edison."

I gestured back to the slumbering kite while pulling my frame from the tree line and out into the moon light that was causing her own frame to glow with a surreal haze. Of course it was probably just the way the light hit off of her thinly coated frame, but at this moment, without the reason of Edison talking in the back of my mind, I was going to tell myself that she was a celestial creature. One that I was determined to get back to the Basin to show off...but first I would have to get her to allow me to help with that horrid shivering she was doing.

"Talk?"
647 . @Nuray . <3
roux
maybe, you're going to be the one that saves me
cause after all, you're my wonderwall
image credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
What was he doing at the Threshold at this hour? He was a creature of habit, and habit dictated he be asleep at the Edge at this hour in order to be awake with the rising sun. Though the night was cold, it was not as cold as the evenings of Frostfall- and he had managed to sleep through those. So it was not the cold that kept him awake. It was likely the brightness of his Lady Moon. She was almost in contest with her Sun brother, though her light was ethereal and cool- not harsh like daylight.

So the great titan meandered through the trees, seeking the thinner parts of the forests for the better lighting. The ground was sludge, to be certain, though it was thicker now than it was this afternoon, lacking the melting warmth of daytime. It clung to his hooves, his fetlocks, and the wiry strands of his thick, black tail. He supposed it was time to find a pool to bathe in now that weather was becoming warmer.

Movement attracted his deep blue gaze. The moonlight alit on an exotic wraith, smooth pink skin almost pearlescent in the gentle white light. Her sculpted features looked to be feminine, but she was so unlike any creature he had seen that he could not be certain. The silken hair on her rump caught and glowed in the moonlight. The elephant was entranced, slowly approaching.

His rapture was broken as he realized the reason for her glowing fur was that she was trembling- visibly shivering in the night’s coolness. Indeed, as he approached, her heard the audible clacking of shivering teeth. Immediately his strides grew longer, carrying him closer to the mare in order to share his warmth. Though he, himself, detested the cold, he found his immense size radiated a considerable amount of heat.

As he approached, another stallion, equally as captivated by the look on his face and stare of his extraordinary silver eyes, also advanced on the mare. The blood bay unicorn reached her first, and he heard him extend a welcome. The elephant nodded a greeting to him, though turned his attention to the lady as he reached them, “I second his welcome,” his deep voice rolls through the stillness of the night.

“I am Tembovu, of the World’s Edge here in Helovia,” he continues his deep voice, though it is quieter than its normal booming volume, “May I ask from where your exotic beauty comes?” His azure gaze, turning a light blue in the moon’s illumination, is caught by her vivid golden eyes. They were almost eerie as they glowed in the darkness, striking pools against the delicate, unpigmented skin of her face. He takes a halfstep closer, wishing to share his body heat with her trembling body, “You are lucky to have missed Frostfall, for I don’t think your coat would do much against the freeze,” he offered a lopsided smile with his easygoing comment.
Image Credits
@Nuray @Roux

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
Beloved moon, dazzling stars, light my path and guide my steps. Quietly she prayed with her head elegant dipped in a bow. The constellations twinkling above were of no familiarity in appearance. However the star's divine light and their beautiful shimmers remained pure: a heavenly aura that kept the creeping shadows at bay.

For a moment she stood there, basking in their glory. What stories did the patterns of these stars share? Tiny souls connected together to commemorate those of legends in her domain. Of what nature did they bear now? Did the eyes of ancestors of old still protect the mortals they watched so diligently? Even now the brave souls were fighting to keep the shadows at bay. Again the female arched her neck down in respect.

A cough - thankfully deprived of any signs of sickness - managed to slowly drag her out of her trance. The mare did not start in fright: predators did not make their presence known. In one fluid motion she positioned herself to clearly see the one who had found her in the crisp night air. A work of art she was as a small smile was painted with careful, precise strokes.

Eyes caught sight of a remarkable ivory as its handsome features were illuminated by the moon's rays. Behind the captivating horn she peered at a blood bay and a presence of strength. Muscles rippled beneath the sheen of his coat. Striking golden orbs attempted to steadily meet his silver eyes - the window the one's soul.

Perceptive, she noticed immediately the sleeping state of the red kite. Peculiar. The way the bird slept peacefully on his rear was such a strange, strange sight to experience. Her voice came out soft and poetic as she tried not to disturb the slumbering slumbering bird of prey. "A pleasure, dear sir."

Helovia. The names of these lands held a deadly beauty to them. Burning questions were held at bay, much to their exasperation, as another presence joined the scene. A stallion of great heights stood before him. His appearance was akin to that of a titan and he held himself with no shame. Her smile grew at this as she bobbed her head slightly. She held back the surprise at seeing yet another unicorn. Where she was from they were a rare species.

"The World's Edge." she repeated, voice still quiet as to not disturb those fast asleep. A curious, curious name that implied much. "Does it stay true to the word's meanings?" A rhetorical question mused to herself. "A brave soul it must take to live by the very edge of this unfamiliar world."

"I come from a land that knows no taint." All around her she could feel the hum of this land. The sounds of nature was soothing, yes, but an underlying tone could be heard beneath the lullaby. "My domain is gifted with celestial finesse. 'Tis a place where the stars walk along our sides and the moon speaks to us in caressing whispers." An ache caused her heart to burn. Was she to be trapped here?

The brute of the World's Edge released an easy-going atmosphere as he spoke once more. Frostfall sounded like a time. Perhaps even a season. The mere word was enough to make her shiver as she thought of the cold nights when the moon was eclipsed and dark. "Yes. I will take any small blessings that come my way." Still her body protested - it needed more than words that spoke of luck.

"Oh my, I appear to have forgotten my manners. My name is Nuray." she spoke to both Roux and Tembovu yet it felt as if she was speaking to them separately and individually. "Might I inquire what this world - this Helovia - is like?" Nuray's gaze flicked from one stallion to another, hoping to hear both of their interpretations of this world that she had been transported to.

@Roux @Tembovu

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Thick ears perked forward to catch the velveteen purr of the silken mare. At her words, a low, soft chuckle escaped him, for there was a quiet magic that seemed to entrance the trio- and he would not be the one to break it. “Indeed, it feels like the edge when you stand on our cliffs overlooking the sea. It’s unique beauty- and as far west as you may go in Helovia,” he pauses, for that may not ring true in the near future, “However, you come during a time of exploration and expansion. So that may change, soon.”

His dark blue gaze flickers to the stallion of handsome red hue, for he was here first. But the exotic woman continued to speak, answering his question. “The pleasure is entirely mine, lovely Nuray. You’ve gifted us with beautiful words of your stars and moon. However, you’ll find that our Lady Moon is a more mischievous and cunning woman of darkness,” he pauses, considering what depth he should go into of the moon. Nuray’s wraith-like appearance made him shelve the topic for another time.

He pursed his lips in contemplation at her broad, open-ended question. There were many aspects to Helovia: love, lust, heartbeak, magic, deceit, power. So many he hadn’t yet discovered, and even more arising with new lands appearing. “What is it like?” he repeated her question as he considered it, “From the little I know of Helovia, it is a place of change. A sanctuary for the frightened, a challenge for the bold, a temple for the holy, and a conduit for the wicked.” Gently he bobs his great horn in affirmation of the thoughts that spilled from his thick lips.

He then smiled lopsidedly, “And you are currently in our Threshold, a place of choices. I will offer you a home in my herd, the Edge. While I am certain this good man will offer you residence in his,” he motions towards Roux and the sleeping kite. “I can tell you there are four herds, total. Though I can only speak honestly of my own,” his easy smile continues, though he still finds the enchanting golden gaze of the lady unearthly.  
Image Credits

@Nuray @Roux

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
stars in your multitudes, scarce to be counted. filling the darkness with order and light.
You are the sentinels. silent and sure. keeping watch in the night.
"Tis the wise who seek to explore and expand their knowledge." The pure maiden murmured quietly as the small smile painted masterfully on her face grew. "Beauty is always unique fore its all in the eyes of the beholder." Everyone had different tastes. Some may find winter to be a wonderland while others may prefer to newborn nature blossoming in spring. It truly was a wonder and expressed the free will each equine was blessed with. Living a life as a mere puppet, only able to agree with your master, would hardly even be a life. Without that will you'd be a mere husk - not truly alive yet not dead.

Chimes rang as the lady laughed. "The moon is always cunning. Many say it is the sun's light whom guides our paths which oft leaves the subtle actions of the moon forgotten." she hummed to herself. "Without darkness there would be no light; without light their would be no shadows. The ability to make decisions that others can't is one to be proud of and looked upon with respect." She lifted her head to the moon. "I would love to be able to have an audience with your Lady."

This brute of a stallion - Tembovu - spoke in a way that left her wanting more. "Your answers, my dear, are certainly most intriguing." As always her mind craved for more knowledge. She turned to the first stallion to approach him, quietly examining his handsome frame. "Your offer of shelter is like a tempting apple. All I ask is if it is warm. I fear I will soon catch a cold if I am out in these conditions much longer. To see the edge of the world will be an added bonus, no doubt."

She turned to the blood bay stallion and sought to brush her cheek against his, "It was an honor to meet you, darling, but I'm afraid Tembovu has enthralled me with his words. I do hope we get the chance to meet again. Perhaps when I'm not shaking like a newborn babe." Her gaze brushed back to Tembovu. While his domain did indeed sound amazing she felt a knot in her stomach about leaving this area which may be the key to returning to her home. Hopefully she would be able to find this "Threshold" once again.

"After you, my dear."

"Talk?"
image credits

@Tembovu @Roux
ooc;// i'm so sorry for skipping you semper ;-; nuray is going to join world's edge <3